Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged

*Queen Size Bed*

Dedicated to my dear father who thinks writing is easy. Hope you like it Acha; N.C.

I'm officially a freak. I mean yeah, I look pretty and all that but I have the silliest, funniest, stupidest name anyone can have. Do you want to take a guess? Oh well, you will never ever guess it right! And I don't have time for guessing games right now.

Okay here it goes...

~~~###drum rolls###~~~~

Queen Size Bed.

I know, I know you must be wondering why I am talking about queen size beds. Actually my name is Queen Size Bed.

Yup, first name Queen, second Size, and third Bed. Now you must be wondering what my parents were thinking when they named me that. I keep asking myself that too, and sometimes them.

My sweet baby loving mother got pregnant again, just days after I was born. Seriously someone has to learn about birth control.

Okay okay, then my pregnant mother who hadn't gotten over her last pregnancy was quite crazy at that moment. When the official at the register office asked her what she wanted to name me, she dreaming of sleeping in a queen size bed said "Queen Size Bed". The official and my sweet father (who thinks anyone can write) asked her whether she was sure. She said yes.

And guess what? The name stuck!

I have asked my father why he didn't change my name later and he said my mother loved the name so it stuck.

Seriously what kind of mother names her fourth child Queen Size Bed? Even a pregnant one? Humph.

Anyways today is my first day in high school and I'm extremely nervous. I mean everyone is nervous on their first day of school but for me it is the nervousness comes in an XXL size package. Guess why? You don't need a PhD to.

You guessed right. Because of my name.

All my life, especially throught junior high. Because junior high students are ruthless and selfish and they don't understand my mother's great deed by naming me Queen Size Bed. I mean if they thought of her love and emotion by giving me a name so unique and out of the world they would understand.

I'm walking toward the front office of my new school Los Angeles Valley High School. It is supposed to be the best school in California and the second best in all over the States. Cool eh? Not so much.

"Hello," I said smiling. "I need my schedule."

"What is your name dear?" the smiling woman said.

"Queen." I answered looking away.

"There is no student named Queen enrolled in this school dear. Are you sure that is your name?" she asked. What a silly lady.

"Of course I am sure. It is my name." I said gritting my teeth.

"One minute dear." she said and went inside.

WHY DID MY MOTHER HAVE TO NAME ME QUEEN SIZE BED????????????? ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The counsellor came out.

"Hello Miss. Chirpy," I said slowly. "You know me. Why isn't my name on the roster? I thought I was enrolled in this school."

"Of course you are dear." she said.

She spoke with a school official who said that they thought it was a mistake. Oh c'mon! Am I the only person with the name Queen Size Bed? Okay please don't answer that!

"Miss. Chripy, please can you do something?" I asked politely.

"Of course dear. Just wait for a short while." she said.

"Okay, what do I have to lose?" I said.

Just lots and lots of time! By short while Miss. Chirpy meant one whole hour! Arrgh! Now I am late for class. She added me into a couple of classes and asked me to go to my first class.

I followed the campus map and found my first class, math. I so hated that class. As I walked into the class I took a deep breath and murmured "Here goes nothing."

The teacher looked at me in surprise.

"I'm enrolled in your class." I said.

"But all the students on my class roster are here." the teacher said bluntly.

"I am a new admission. There were some problems with my admission." I said as politely as I could.

"Okay my child, go and sit by the window. I will just look up my online roster." the teacher said.

Oh, so I was his child now?

"Oh why don't you come up and introduce yourself dear?" he asked as he looked up from the computer screen, grinning wickedly.

Aah, so this teacher had nothing better to do so he decides to embarrass the student with the stupid name.

"Is that necessary?" I asked. "I mean I don't want to."

"Oh c'mon! Don't be such a queen!" he said.

Here we go again.

I walked up in front of everybody and smiled nervously.

"Hello one and all," I started. "My name is QueenSizeBed."

"What?" one student called out.

"Why are you speaking gibberish?" another asked.

"I'm not." I answered rudely. "My name is Queen Size Bed."

Silence.

Gasps. Snickers. Chuckles.

"What is so funny?" the teacher asked innocently with a heavy sarcastic tone and he burst out laughing.

I sat down in my assigned seat and ignored all the funny looks I got on the way.

All throughout the class stupid, idiotic, students-with-no-other-work were looking at me and making snide remarks at me all the time. Soooooo humiliating.

Lunch time. No friends.

All my other classes followed the same suit. The teacher asks me to sit, then looks up at their computer, sees my funny name and asks me to introduce myself. And then all the students (who should be minding their own business), make fun of me and make snide and cruel remarks.

I walk up to the counselling office:-

"I need to see Miss. Chirpy." I say.

"Come later child." the attendant said.

"..." I said.

"Okay dear," she said and let me in. I went inside Miss. Chirpy's caramel colored office and threw my bag on her table.

"You have got to do something." I said.

"What's wrong Queen?" she asks.

"Everyone including the teachers have been making fun of my name. You know what?? It is NOT my fault!" I said.

"You have Mrs. Alexie next period. She is a sweetheart. She will listen to you. Go talk to her before class starts." Miss. Chirpy said.

"Okay." I said and stormed out of there.

Mrs. Alexie was sitting at her computer doing some work when I approached her.

"I am Queen Size Bed and I hope you don't ask me to introduce myself in front of the class. Please. I have had enough humiliation for a lifetime." I said.

"Okay. When I ask students to introduce themselves just say something else." she said.

"Okay I will tell them my name is Amy Donald." I said.

"Good." she said.

Every student was asked to tell her/his name and say something interesting about them.

All the students said such revealing stuff about themselves. It is my turn.

"Hello class," I said. "I love ballet dancing and basketball. I love being honest. I'm proud of myself, not in a vain way. I am not ashamed of myself."

Everyone stared at me.

"And by the way my name is Queen Size Bed."

Hope ya'll liked it!

Please comment, maybe I will continue!

~~Nidheya~~

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

aniashreesouroammygurlRadiantTreasureAbhiNikiLuver.vrshn.-LilyGurl--Grace-tes_v1amaliaaish_punkP.Kamaljit.Sean

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Queen Size Bed: One Shot:-)(-:" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:36am | IP Logged
hey nidheya..nice one-shot..

She was ashamed of her name..but i think she should be..what a weird name!

but then its not her fault..but she could have lied about it u noe..but anyway she had the courage to go with it..n kudos to her!

in d end she was proud of herself and not ashamed anymore..m glad abt tat..

do write more

-aish

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Thanks!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punk

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
LOL Nice one! Do update!

-LilyGurl-

IF-Rockerz

-LilyGurl-

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
that was such a sweet OS
I luved how she was honest wid her name
Do write more

~Lily

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
A cool one..
Queen size bed...LOL
hhehee...But it gives out a message right?
Dont feel inferior...:)

Nice one.:D

Take care
Ananya

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 11:00am | IP Logged
aha nice one.. good she got over it and told evryne who she was.. but still waht a weird name LOL cant you change your name when you're like 16 or 18..? i would do that as soon as i could LOL

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 28 December 2009 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Aah... nice Tongue you have a good talent for narrating u know? I wud like to read a novel or a long story by you, i think u have posted one or some anyway, i will look for em.
Well, as for the story, well its cool. I don't understand these totally non-professional teachers..! Confused Agh, so bad.. but nicely written
Liked the ending.

Edited by Girl_2007 - 29 December 2009 at 3:46am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top