Degrading the position of Women. - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago
what i learnt from yrkkh was that I'm in a muchhhh better position ..contrary to what i used to think earlier that dukh ka pahaad had fallen onto me after marriage......and i learnt what should "not" be done, where i should "not" react....i think that's the biggest reason why the female characters are that way in yrkkh...they are weak but they try to overcome all problems and move on, just like we do in real life...

We're wrong if we think Sunaina's opinion was not asked ..Omi clearly asked her & she gave her acceptance ..I like this track actually....It's a fact that so many couples live with each other just for the sake of their children or society pressures but a point comes where the marriage breaks down ..yes, they cud have given us a better reason..but i can conclude that communication is very important in a relationship and silence and suffering can be disastrous....everybody has to compromise but not to this extent....

Varsha's case is a bit silly.....but it's a reality (i'm sure all married women will understand this) that after marriage, a girl is under a lot of pressure frm her in laws to produce babies..frm some weird logic they think that if they delay the baby then the conception is difficult as the time passes by...Varsha is very young and she can wait, specially when her husband is supportive......

Akshara, we have yet to witness her journey so i'll not comment...she's a strong willed, clean hearted girl..She can handle her family brilliantly....but she must continue her studies ..I wanna see her growth frm a girl to a mature lady..jus like Naitik....frm a baby boy to a mature man....Edited by _charu_ - 14 years ago
Originally posted by pinky35

anjali di and charu di u all put your POV so nicely......i cant stop reading. 👏
exactly..enjoyed reading it & actully understand the seriousness of ths issue...
Originally posted by _charu_

what i learnt from yrkkh was that I'm in a muchhhh better position ..contrary to what i used to think earlier that dukh ka pahaad had fallen onto me after marriage......and i learnt what should "not" be done, where i should "not" react....i think that's the biggest reason why the female characters are that way in yrkkh...they are weak but they try to overcome all problems and move on, just like we do in real life...

We're wrong if we think Sunaina's opinion was not asked ..Omi clearly asked her & she gave her acceptance ..I like this track actually....It's a fact that so many couples live with each other just for the sake of their children or society pressures but a point comes where the marriage breaks down ..yes, they cud have given us a better reason..but i can conclude that communication is very important in a relationship and silence and suffering can be disastrous....everybody has to compromise but not to this extent....

Varsha's case is a bit silly.....but it's a reality (i'm sure all married women will understand this) that after marriage, a girl has a lot of pressure frm her in laws to produce babies..frm some weird logic they think that if they delay the baby then the conception is difficult as the time passes by...Varsha is very young and she can wait, specially when her husband is supportive......

Akshara, we have yet to witness her journey so i'll not comment...she's a strong willed, clean hearted girl..She can handle her family brilliantly....but she must continue her studies ..I wanna see her growth frm a girl to a mature lady..jus like Naitik....frm a baby boy to a mature man....

well said charu... m not married yet & a year b4 my thnkng was a bit differnt regardng marriage but now watcng this serial sumhow m understandng the intricate parts of a maariage...
Originally posted by beautiful16

exactly..enjoyed reading it & actully understand the seriousness of ths issue...

bang on one of important threads........i wish someone from DK reads it....... 😃Edited by pinky35 - 14 years ago
what else do u expect from a show that has A Character like Akshara as the heroine.... She cant even stammer through a complete sentence when she is scared which she is most of the times. or she is moping around or dreaming stupid things........... She is only fit to be a comic character
Originally posted by beautiful16

well said charu... m not married yet & a year b4 my thnkng was a bit differnt regardng marriage but now watcng this serial sumhow m understandng the intricate parts of a maariage...

yup same here....i am learning that just for a cup of milk i shouldn't adopt a cow! 😉
Wow.. all the replies are very inspiring. Actually, this whole topic is inspiring and the creatives should definitely read this. Charu, I LOVE reading your posts... and I agree with all of what you've pointed out also. The same also goes to anu-s, Nandalala, aviation-ca and others. Great replies guys! 👏

I'm not married yet but I do understand the pressures that married women undergo. Lolz my parents are already "pressurizing" me into learning all I need to know so that when I do get married, I won't have any troubles adjusting in my in-laws lifestyle. But I know that's not gonna be enough... I'm gonna have to learn alot from them also.
Anyways... just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with this discussion. I'm learning quite a few things from this... thanks for it! 😊

-aisha

beautiful, yes as Charu has said, it is very parallel atleast to my wedding... but please keep in mind that each couple have their own unique journey... the best thing is not to have pre-conceived notions and always remember, your number one priority is your hubby... you and him become a unit... though you will love your maika... it has to be secondary to your hubby.... you, hubby, later kids are a solid unit...

Originally posted by _charu_

Varsha's case is a bit silly.....but it's a reality (i'm sure all married women will understand this) that after marriage, a girl is under a lot of pressure frm her in laws to produce babies..frm some weird logic they think that if they delay the baby then the conception is difficult as the time passes by...Varsha is very young and she can wait, specially when her husband is supportive......

Akshara, we have yet to witness her journey so i'll not comment...she's a strong willed, clean hearted girl..She can handle her family brilliantly....but she must continue her studies ..I wanna see her growth frm a girl to a mature lady..jus like Naitik....frm a baby boy to a mature man....

Charu, great observations as usual...I must say watching this show has made me aware of the freedoms I take for granted as a married woman in a nuclear family...I have never experienced what it is to live in a joint family: my mom was not married into one, and I did not marry into one, either...For me, this show gives some interesting insight into what that dynamic is like.  And you are right, the pressures on girls like Varsha and Akshara who are married into a joint family are much more than for someone like me...

If the creatives cut back on the melodrama surrounding the daily MUs, the buckets of tears, injected more romance in the lives of the two newly wed couples,ShaVa and Naksh, and gave some of the characters more purpose, YRKKH would indeed be a very good, realistic mirror image for thousands of families in India and around the world... I know...its wishful thinking!!!!
Edited by Nandalala - 14 years ago
talking about strong female characters...Nandini has always caught my eye.

I really have a lot of hope for Nandini's character growth..I hope the creatives show something good with that. They have shown her as very matured, stubborn but strong willed and determined woman. Especially after yesterday's episode where she said she wants to do more with life than just feed khichri to her husband 😆

She has a lot of hopes, a lot of dreams, and she didn't deny romance either 😉

As I am sure Akshara's pallu/education track will come soon, I want Nandini to help stand up for Akshara, and help transform the Singhania women dyanamics.

I also want her to fall in love with an amazing guy--and maybe have to fight for his acceptance into her family. hmmm now that would be interesting.Edited by desertrose21 - 14 years ago