Writers Corner
Writers Corner
Writers Corner

Discussion of the Week (Page 2)

_.serendipity._ Senior Member

Posted: 08 November 2009 at 4:20am | IP Logged
I think it helps in a way because left to oneself, one is likely to write on the same kind of issues all the time, rather than experiment around. And in my opinion, experimenting with different themes and genres..and styles even..enables one to broaden one's perspectives and grow as a writer. On the other hand, it's true, the theme could be really dumb..but if I were given a dumb theme, I'm sure I would tweak it slightly to suit my purpose, ie write about something close to me Wink

honeydaisy IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 November 2009 at 9:42am | IP Logged
its depend on my mood...and i prefer to write it not type it...i still love pen and paper...Smile(no virus problem)
missindia26 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
I think it depends on the topic and whether it interests me
But generally I'd say more inspired because it gives you a direction to start thinking in
|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz

BollyCurry Director, FF Beta Apprentice

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
it really depends on the theme i think... example: if someone told me to write a story based in medieval england, thats prolly not gonna inspire me... it'll just make me upset that now i have to do research on medieval england to come up with a story! writing from scenarios are easier, because it starts you out and u can take the rest of the story anywhere you want!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top