*Nishi* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Discussion of the Week

bonjour.. shalom namaste 😆 It's finally time for a new discussion of the week. This weeks question is... 

Are you more or less inspired when someone gives you a theme/scenrio to write a story on?

Tell us what you think. Don't be afraid to express your thoughts and opinions but remember to keep it clean. 😃

WC Dev. Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aish_punk thumbnail
I'll be more inspired, because u get a basic idea and then penning it down is pretty easy i think.
Pooj@ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Depend on the mood actually..... If I get a brilliant idea, words just start flowing...

If the prior concept is given, I do not think that it restricts the creativity!

safeplacetoland thumbnail
I'm basically my own inspiration...sounds arrogant, but not really.
More or less it is stuff around me and people that make me who I am. Like Cole, friends!
*Nishi* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
For me I cant get inspired much when I'm given something.. I get inspired by everyday life and music. It does depend on my mood too. I could come up with something big for a piece but then its the thing to actually write everything down..  I need to understand the people and characters.
safeplacetoland thumbnail
Topics given to me aren't that much of an inspiration...true inspiration comes from my friends and Cole...and a tad bit of myself too!

NCole
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well..... it depends on the subject actually.... if the subject given to me doesn't interest me then it won't come out good because I won't be writing with my heart.... whereas if I choose something it'll turn out good.... :P
xyler thumbnail
i think you can't write if you are not inspired.... you need that to boost your emagination...
_.serendipity._ thumbnail
I think it helps in a way because left to oneself, one is likely to write on the same kind of issues all the time, rather than experiment around. And in my opinion, experimenting with different themes and genres..and styles even..enables one to broaden one's perspectives and grow as a writer. On the other hand, it's true, the theme could be really dumb..but if I were given a dumb theme, I'm sure I would tweak it slightly to suit my purpose, ie write about something close to me 😉
honeydaisy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
its depend on my mood...and i prefer to write it not type it...i still love pen and paper...😊(no virus problem)