Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by mahikhan

LOL i know you are not from thereπŸ˜›
but people often use eachothers id their onlyπŸ˜‰
you welcome,sir😳

Ok, sir? 😲 No, call me Jason πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Eventide

Yes, long distance relationships do last. Defence and Para-Military personnel are the perfect examples. The men get leave for only 2-3 months in the whole year. And most often, the family is left behind. Its tough, but one does get used to it.

I think when people marry someone in the military they have an understanding of how difficult it is. A lot is done to make people aware of a military lifestyle. However, modern day couples are ill prepared for job and education demands.

Many couples end up breaking up or divorcing when the pressure of coping with distance gets to them. Although, divorce is not as common or an acceptable alternative in desi culture - families tend to suffer due to loneliness. Not all people have the emotional strength to cope with the challenges.

Its reassuring to beleive that love can overcome all obstacles. However personally, I do not think I could handle not having the person I love being there with me. Call me selfish, but I need love to be tangible. I think I can handle some time and distance, but probably not much. 😊
Originally posted by -CaughtYou-

Ok, sir? 😲 No, call me Jason πŸ˜†
KK welcome,JasonπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Eventide

Yes, long distance relationships do last. Defence and Para-Military personnel are the perfect examples. The men get leave for only 2-3 months in the whole year. And most often, the family is left behind. Its tough, but one does get used to it.

I met up with a Japanese manager whose family is back in Japan as he was posted in China.
Once or twice a year he goes home. He realised neither the wife nor the daughters missed him, forturnately only the dog was happy to see him.πŸ˜†
People say in love distance is needed sometimes to make that love grows...it's like you do not see the person you miss them more the more you think about them the more you love them type of theory...

How true is that? How long will this growing process last? Can this really test how true that love is? I got no answers for these questions but all i know is that....the further you are from someone you love more lonely you feel and depressed...you would long for someone's company and you so wish someone is there to console you support you...then what? you ask for your lover's presence but if he or she cannot make it ... you either lost faith in them...start to suspect and go on complaining blaming taunting and stuff...not my personal experience there but that's what i see in many cases...

Rarely can people keep faith and keep the love literally alive! Hats off to those people who can keep that love even without seeing each other for like 3-4 years or more...that i call true love...

but again what's love? will the definition of it change the perspective towards long distance relationships? I guess we all have our own unique definition of love base on our experience or what we see around us...any relationship will last if we make the effort to let it last ... i believe though that once the suspecting factor is in....the relationship is gone forever....
Originally posted by _DrEaM_

People say in love distance is needed sometimes to make that love grows...it's like you do not see the person you miss them more the more you think about them the more you love them type of theory...

How true is that? How long will this growing process last? Can this really test how true that love is? I got no answers for these questions but all i know is that....the further you are from someone you love more lonely you feel and depressed...you would long for someone's company and you so wish someone is there to console you support you...then what? you ask for your lover's presence but if he or she cannot make it ... you either lost faith in them...start to suspect and go on complaining blaming taunting and stuff...not my personal experience there but that's what i see in many cases...

Rarely can people keep faith and keep the love literally alive! Hats off to those people who can keep that love even without seeing each other for like 3-4 years or more...that i call true love...

but again what's love? will the definition of it change the perspective towards long distance relationships? I guess we all have our own unique definition of love base on our experience or what we see around us...any relationship will last if we make the effort to let it last ... i believe though that once the suspecting factor is in....the relationship is gone forever....
When lovers are apart the phone bill goes up.πŸ˜†
If separation is too long and they tend to drift.
I have seen several married men when they work overseas for too long  either remarry or have another family. It is all so crazy sometimes. Where possible such risks should be avoided.
thats practical advice summerji , i ll keep that in mind
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

thats practical advice summerji , i ll keep that in mind
yes sometimes I think it is not good to rush into marriage too early in life. especially for the man who has to stand on his own feet first; unless he has a rich father or a rich father in lawπŸ˜†
Still most men want to be independent.
oh yeaaaaah, act in haste repent in leisure πŸ˜†
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

oh yeaaaaah, act in haste repent in leisure πŸ˜†
Yes, especially when we travel on a one way road where there is no reversing.πŸ˜†