Debate Mansion

The importance of religion in our lives (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

There is no need to believe in anything ' that is the fundamental of scienceApprove. Tht is the scientific approach to reality....... do not believe, inquire.....the moment you believe, inquiry stops.... Keep your mind open ' neither believe nor disbelieve.....Big smileAll are in middle !
Ah this reminds me

Aage ho ghanghor andhera
Peechhe koi daaku lootera
Upar bhi jaana ho mushkil
Neeche bhi aana ho mushkil
Socho kabhi aisa ho to kya ho LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The importance of religion in our lives (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged
arey most of the time yahi position hoti hai LOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

arey most of the time yahi position hoti hai LOL
Kya baat hai. You are an Angel so no worries.
Jo bhi hoga accha hoga.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Amen to that Smile

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Khtronkakhilari

I would request every one to stay away from any controversy or any useless arguments.
Forget about useless arguments, your topic has nothing to argue about to begin with.

Well if you wanted to play the Devil's Advocate game there is a lot to argue about like why fanaticism is essential for sustaining ones religious identity, and why there is no better dogma than religion.

But that is if and only if you want to play the Devil's Advocate game - or of course you really believe in the statements. A real debater can argue that the sky is not blue and the grass is not green.

Don't mind me, I'm just being weirdly myself.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
Personally, I find it difficult to cope with organized religion. I prefer that my religion be personal to me. I do not want someone else telling me what I should do. I think religion was intended to serve as a means to bring people together, offer them hope and guide them in life. It was never meant to cause conflict or bring anyone down.

I'm a heathen. What's religion to a heartless soulless beast like me though? I have infinite faith in the force, and then I have faith in the good that is in all people. For me the most touching things in life is when people open up and respect you, not because of only what they believe, but despite of what they believe.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Personally, I find it difficult to cope with organized religion. I prefer that my religion be personal to me. I do not want someone else telling me what I should do. I think religion was intended to serve as a means to bring people together, offer them hope and guide them in life. It was never meant to cause conflict or bring anyone down.

I'm a heathen. What's religion to a heartless soulless beast like me though? I have infinite faith in the force, and then I have faith in the good that is in all people. For me the most touching things in life is when people open up and respect you, not because of only what they believe, but despite of what they believe.
Well for many religious institutions all they want to do is have more followers and collect more money. It is one of the most profitable "business". so when money is the objective then it  is "no holds barred" WWE.LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by Believe

There is no need to believe in anything ' that is the fundamental of scienceApprove. Tht is the scientific approach to reality....... do not believe, inquire.....the moment you believe, inquiry stops.... Keep your mind open ' neither believe nor disbelieve.....Big smileAll are in middle !
Ah this reminds me

Aage ho ghanghor andhera
Peechhe koi daaku lootera
Upar bhi jaana ho mushkil
Neeche bhi aana ho mushkil
Socho kabhi aisa ho to kya ho LOL

I would like to Sing..........

dil kya kehata hai mera kya main bataau
tum yeh samajhoge shaayad main paagal hoon
dil karta hai tv tower pe main chadh jaau
chilla chillake main yeh sabse keh du
rock on, hai yeh waqt ka ishaara
rock on, har lamha pukaara
rock on yuun hi dekhata hai kya tu
rock on jindagi milegi na dobaara....................

Just rock on............Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top