The importance of religion in our lives

Khtronkakhilari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I would request every one to stay away from any controversy or any useless arguments.

Fanaticism in Religion has ruined the very sense of the term. It is not how we hold on to the religious belief that really matters, but what role it plays in reforming the person within you.

The competition between which religion has the best to say or offer does not determine the quality of the religion, but the transformation it produces in a human being, to behave like human being to each other, to understand the aches and pain , love and joy, is the actual concept of religion.

These days the amount of faith a person has, in his own religion, has led to inhuman behavior, to help hypocrites utilize it to make money. Difference of opinion in religious matters has caused riots and confused people a lot, enabling violence all over the place.

There are many types of religions and they all have one thing in common: to imbue us with a sense of awe and inspiration allowing us to live by prescribed principle which help us to live more constructive lives in accordance with ourselves, others, and society.

To some religion is a way of life that has been handed down to them by their ancestors and nothing more. It is followed because their forefathers followed it. It is merely their custom, their tradition; something that ties them to their family and heritage in an unbreakable chain. To others it is their faith. It is the moral and ethical code by which they live their lives. For others it is the way to transcend this earthly plane and be one with the divine. Some claim to follow no religious creed whatsoever. If by that they mean they do not follow an organized set of ideals handed down to them from some other source, then I would have to agree with them. But even they follow some organized philosophy or set of codes to help them navigate the sometimes dangerous and unknown waters of life. This is what I call religion whether it is a personal set of values that they themselves have formed or been handed down to them from a traditional source.

Being religious is not the dogma, proclaiming the truth towards world peace and love is only doctrine. I wish the religious leaders understand this and when they do, the importance of religion in our lives has played its role fully well.

Edited by Khtronkakhilari - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
NIce advice Khaty Bhai.
Personally I would love to see as many religions as possible. We get more public holidays that way.πŸ˜†

Ultimate aim of religion is to know who we really are. But there are some who truly love God and do not care for anything else; unfortunately I do not fall in that category.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Khtronkakhilari

I would request every one to stay away from any controversy or any useless arguments.

Forget about useless arguments, your topic has nothing to argue about to begin with.
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: souro

Forget about useless arguments, your topic has nothing to argue about to begin with.

He is referring to other threads where such controversies occur as well.
But I am sure you can always start an arguement and spice things up.πŸ˜†
So the question is basically the practicality of religions these days. I have mentioned before that certain things in religion has to keep pace with the changing of times.
Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago
rafi saahab ki jai ho

Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

rafi saahab ki jai ho

yes we should see divinity where extreme beauty has been expressed.πŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Khtronkakhilari

Fanaticism in Religion has ruined the very sense of the term. It is not how we hold on to the religious belief that really matters, but what role it plays in reforming the person within you.

The competition between which religion has the best to say or offer does not determine the quality of the religion, but the transformation it produces in a human being, to behave like human being to each other, to understand the aches and pain , love and joy, is the actual concept of religion.

These days the amount of faith a person has, in his own religion, has led to inhuman behavior, to help hypocrites utilize it to make money. Difference of opinion in religious matters has caused riots and confused people a lot, enabling violence all over the place.

There are many types of religions and they all have one thing in common: to imbue us with a sense of awe and inspiration allowing us to live by prescribed principle which help us to live more constructive lives in accordance with ourselves, others, and society.

To some religion is a way of life that has been handed down to them by their ancestors and nothing more. It is followed because their forefathers followed it. It is merely their custom, their tradition; something that ties them to their family and heritage in an unbreakable chain. To others it is their faith. It is the moral and ethical code by which they live their lives. For others it is the way to transcend this earthly plane and be one with the divine. Some claim to follow no religious creed whatsoever. If by that they mean they do not follow an organized set of ideals handed down to them from some other source, then I would have to agree with them. But even they follow some organized philosophy or set of codes to help them navigate the sometimes dangerous and unknown waters of life. This is what I call religion whether it is a personal set of values that they themselves have formed or been handed down to them from a traditional source.

Being religious is not the dogma, proclaiming the truth towards world peace and love is only doctrine. I wish the religious leaders understand this and when they do, the importance of religion in our lives has played its role fully well.

Yes quite true. I have seen several religious leaders of all types being charged with crimes of all sort.
It has happened even here in Singapore. It is a world-wide occurance.
When religion gets mixed with politics and greed it becomes very dangerous.
It is sad that often religion has acted as a wall to divide famililes and friends too.
We should see all religion as one I think and in future the attitudes towards various religions will change.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
There is no need to believe in anything β€” that is the fundamental of science. Tht is the scientific approach to reality....... do not believe, inquire.....the moment you believe, inquiry stops.... Keep your mind open β€” neither believe nor disbelieve.....πŸ˜ƒAll are in middle !
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

There is no need to believe in anything ' that is the fundamental of science. Tht is the scientific approach to reality....... do not believe, inquire.....the moment you believe, inquiry stops.... Keep your mind open ' neither believe nor disbelieve.....πŸ˜ƒAll are in middle !

Ah this reminds me

Aage ho ghanghor andhera
Peechhe koi daaku lootera
Upar bhi jaana ho mushkil
Neeche bhi aana ho mushkil
Socho kabhi aisa ho to kya ho πŸ˜†
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
arey most of the time yahi position hoti hai πŸ˜†