Advice Corner

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Sonia_Kaur_94

Sonia_Kaur_94

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 5:48pm | IP Logged

Few months ago I suffered from an eating disorder for around 6 months. I was harming my body so much. I would only eat once a day and intake around 500- 800 calories. I would spend 3 hours in the gym on holidays so i could burn 1000 calories. My body got weaker and weaker and I was taken to hospital. I now get a regular checkup and I have stopped my periods aswell.The doctor says it would gradually come back after I gain weight. I lost around a stone. Its been two months and my body is starting to get back to normal, but the problem is I still have the urge to miss meals. I have increased my meals to two a day now but sometimes I feel like i want to go bak to my old lifestyle.I really hate eating and the feeling after that. Espicially how my family treat me they are careful what they talk to me about and my mum sits next to me when I eat. I hate it so much. I have been told to gain at least 8 kgs weight but the thought just terrified me. Recently I measured myself secretly and I gained 2 kgs. Know I can eat or sleep. I hate it so much

I really want to enjoy food again.
I wish I didnt go on this diet.
I really want to feel as happy again. I feel so miserable!!!!!!
Plez someone help.
I really want to feel normal again.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-CaughtYou-

IF-Rockerz

-CaughtYou-

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 4:00am | IP Logged
Well i guess you should just eat your favorites !! that will make u want to eat or something, its good to know your gaining weight !! But i have no idea what this "not feeling like eating thing" is? Confused

Canadian_Girl87

Canadian_Girl87

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 11:39am | IP Logged
this is serious, and something you would need to talk to a psychologist about. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angelic_J

mimi0295

IF-Veteran Member

mimi0295

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
That is really serious hun.
The best advice I can give you is eat. Don't do this to yourself, it's like suicide. You're harming your body by not feeding it, and just put yourself in your friends/family's shoes. How do you think they feel when they see you losing so much weight?
The important thing you need to realize is that what you were doing before was extremely UNHEALTHY and if you keep that up, sooner or later, it'll get worse.
Don't make it too late...don't fall into this diet so badly that you won't be able to get out.

I know it must be hard... but be strong. This is only for your own good, and if not for yourself, do it for your loved ones. Find food that you do enjoy!

--Mimi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punk

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 6:26am | IP Logged
yeah do something about it..just dont stop eating..eat stuff that u feel like..how much ever in moderation..but dont enitrely skip meals!

n u can consult a physologist or smtn if necessary..but then please EAT!

-LilyGurl-

IF-Rockerz

-LilyGurl-

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
I have read about a similar scenario & yes this is extremely harmful.

But a little trick I do know of is that eat particular item that you reali luv. Eat something you can never like never say no to.Start off wid that & that try to a little then increase your diet.
Hope this helps.

~Lily

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 28 October 2009 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Please try contacting a professional.

First off, it seems like you are concerned about gaining weight.

Go to your doctor and request a Body Mass Index calculation for you.  That's the 'ideal' weight for a person your age/height/gender.  And then compare it to yours and see how low you are.  So if you go up to that weight, you are normal and need not be worried about gaining too much weight.

Find food you love and eat it.  Eating something you hate doesn't help at all....

-Mahi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top