Aadhavan
Director
K.S.Ravikumar
Music
Harris Jayaraj
Cast
Suriya, Nayanthara, Rahul Dev, Murali, Saroja Devi

By Moviebuzz

If laughter is the best medicine along with mass masala items, then veteran director KS Ravikumar has earned his stripes again with Aadhavan. Add Suriya, who looks sensational in a role that has negative shades and lots of comedy. The actor manages to pump some clean fun and make it the ideal family entertainer for Diwali. The wafer-thin storyline depends more on Suriya's star power to cruise through two hours and 45 minutes. Aadhavan (Suriya) is a hired assassin who works in tandem with Ibrahim Rowther (Sayaji Shinde) and his son (Anand Babu) in Kolkata. Justice Subramaniyam (late Malayalam actor Murali), is about to give his final judgment in an organ trade case where hundreds of children died due to the greed of a doctor, Abdul Kulkarni (Rahul Dev). Kulkarni approaches Rowther with a contract to kill the judge and Aadhavan starts his next mission. But for the first time in his life, the ace assassin misses his mark and Aadhavan, through the help of Bannerji (Vadivel), comes into close contact with the Judge's large family consisting of his mother (Saroja Devi), niece Tara (Nayanthara) and others. Soon Aadhavan finds out certain dark secrets and also develops a soft corner for Tara. Finally, the hunter turns hunted as the film hurtles towards the climax. Only problem with Ramesh Kanna's story is that it does not have a single original bone in its body, and is inspired from various movies. The film moves at a leisurely pace in the first half (92 minutes), depending mainly on Suriya and Vadivel's bickering. The story does not move forward. The second half is racy (73 minutes), despite a predictable climax. The Kollywood mass hero turns into a one-man fighting machine and saves his loved ones after doing the impossible. The music of Harris Jayaraj is hummable, though the placement of songs just does not gel with the narration, with Hasili Fisili and Yaeno Yaeno in the second half, which looks alike. The action scenes of Kanal Kannan and Franz Spilhaus are sensational, especially the hit and run chase picturised in Kolkata in the first half. Also, Ganesh's camerawork has sheen. The special effects job where Suriya is transformed into a 10-year-old look realistic. It is an out and out Suriya show. The film rides on the magic of the actor, and his zany shenanigans alone makes it worth a watch. Nayanthara looks beautiful and classy, and for a change, her glamour image has not been exploited. She comes across as the girl-next-door. Murali, in his last film, puts up a convincing performance while Saroja Devi as the Paati is okay with her trademark, excessive make-up. Vadivel is a scream and is present throughout the film.

Ranging through a wide field of comedy laced with action, Aadhavan is good fun while it lasts. It's a roller-coaster ride of pure unadulterated masala.

source : www.sify.com

Have anyone seen this movie ? Big smile  i will watch this movie for SuryaEmbarrassed and heard vadivelus comedy track is funny hereLOL

Edited by meli - 17 October 2009 at 6:17am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

swamii92Meena.IFanjkhoneybrinny_gOLGNESsankadevi30CarynnithyamkvMP_Radha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Aadhavan movie review" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Thnxx meli.. i cant wait to watch it.. Hasili Fisili and Vaarayo Vaarayo are cool and Suriya Rockxx.. i hope it releases on dvd ASAP..

brinny_g

IF-Dazzler

brinny_g

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 8:10am | IP Logged
thanks mels
im loving the songs, the film seems quite typical masala, but i'm looking forward to seeing it some time this week

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Thanks daa melz kutty for the review...  I haven't watched it yet.. but i 'heard' that Surya and Vadivelu were awesome....

Vadivelu comedy was apparently good and Surya.. hmm.. drooling time vaam ROFL

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 19 October 2009 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Aishu...grr....LOL  
My dad and sis went to see this movie...from their comments..story was a big down as its been showed on many other movies about the long lost son find his way back to family Smile So I guess we cant expect a good story and Nayans role was just to romance the hero and sing duets with himLOL Looks like Surya and Nayan didnt have any good chemistryConfused Vadivelus comedy was funny with Surya, both agreed on one thing...this movie belongs to Surya from beginning to end na and its worth to watch it for himTongue 

one thing for sure..Surya was looking so hotBlushing a someone was drooling over himLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swamii92anjkhoneyMP_Radha

anjkhoney

IF-Dazzler

anjkhoney

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Thank you for the review Melly darlsSmile. U stole the words from my mouth..

Diwali sp nu solli most tamil channels were giving the songs and talks on this movie... I was so happy to hear Hasili Fisili song . I just loved Hasili Fisili and Varayo Varayo songs. Embarrassed

Those are my favs from this movie. But i was so shocked to see this song picturisation. Both Yeno Yeno and Hasili Fisili looks similar.. Varayo Varayo like a theatre performance. I liked Suriya and his expressions but when in Jodi (No offence) I was unhappy with this pairOuchCry..

I was like Suriya has shared a good chemistry with all the heroines. Ghajini Surya Asin ippo kooda in my mind,(there also we had this same jodi in the second half,maybe not as a pair but still)  but i am not happy with this Jodi...

I thought i was the only one to think like thisOuch.Thank God I am not the only one .. I heard the same thing from many of my friends ..

Yet to see the movie. KS Ravikumar's movie nu solli i had high hopesOuch. Will watch it for Suriya and Vadivelu AyyaSmile...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanaswamii92OLGNESMP_Radha

brinny_g

IF-Dazzler

brinny_g

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Mels and Anj - totally agree with you both. I watched the film last night, and yes there was hardly any chemistry between Surya and Nayan! Vadivelu is the actual hero of this film, in my eyes. His scenes just cracked me up, his facial expressions, his dancing and singing, etc. Storyline is a bit recycled as Meli mentioned, but hey, it was entertaining and watchable.
I must admit, during the songs, I spent most of my time looking at Nayan's left arm, trying to get a glimpse of her 'Prabu' tattoo!LOL It was shown in a couple of songs, but in some, it was covered up.

AahaanaOLGNESnithyamkvMP_Radha

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 24 October 2009 at 5:30am | IP Logged
just now returned from watching aadhavan , after so many ultimatums to hubby dear he took me today Wink not a bad film especially for surya admirersTongue

no logic only magic filmLOLLOLLOL

ppl here r right, no chemistry btw nayan & surya, but the plot & story neither helps it.No sequences for intimacy btw hero & heroineTongue

whole satyam theatre was roaring for asli pisili songLOLLOL

watch it once for surya's sake & vadivels comedySmile

Edited by mathi_azhagi - 24 October 2009 at 5:38am

Aahaanabrinny_gOLGNESMP_Radha

Post Reply New Post

Go to top