Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago

The demise of the saas-bahu saga has been paralleled by the happy reincarnation of the female comic. The housewife can now chuckle with the protagonist instead of starving her family between tears. The popularity of the fair, petite actress Disha Vakani, who plays the guffawing, coarse-voiced housewife Daya in Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma, made producers bump up her role which was almost negligible in the original Gujarati play. Her famous grating voice, Vakani says, was inspired by erstwhile Gujarati theatre actors from a time when "there were no mikes, so they had to scream their lungs out in such a way that their vocal chords suffered''. The actress now has fans like the one who met her parents on a train and insisted on a picture with them, because if he couldn't meet Daya, at least he had met her parents.

The article is much big. I only posted Disha's part !!!  If you all are interested then u can read it at http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/city/mumbai/Funny-female-bone/articleshow/4681848.cms

So guys actually Disha's character was almost negligible in the original play but Disha with her awesome acting skills has just made us fall in love with her character !!! Cant imagine an episode with Daya !!! Hey Maa Mataji !!! 😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pisces25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the article Ishan!!
I also can't imagine a day without Daya and seeing her playful, she always brings a smile on my face. I love Daya's quirk and her voice everything she does tickles our funny bone.
Ishan. thumbnail
Yeah Devanshi maybe earlier people didnt like her voice but now , the same voice makes so many people laugh !!! 😃
binie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for this...... all stage artists are very hard working ppl.....👏 they all sturgled a lot..... and now she got the prize for all that hard work......😊
.BeautifulSoul. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

She has indeed made justice to her role!

Ishan. thumbnail
@binie

yeahh she is really a hardworking actor and i am happy that she  is getting the much deserved fame !! 😃

@Priya

my pleasure 😃

@Ruhi

Yeah she has done 100 % justice to her role !!!😃