Balika Vadhu

grey to dark - Page 2

Silver_Lining thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Dadi sa is still my favourite character in BV. 😃 She has gray shades to her character but I don't think she is completely a  black character like Mahaveer Singh.

Whatever she did to Anandi is not justified from Aanadi's side.. but if we look at the situation from Daadi's side then I don't think she did anything wrong. I mean everyone thinks for himself.. why would she bother to look at the other angle.. when she warned everyone right on the first day that no one from her family will go to Mahaveer Singh to seek any kind of help.... Anandi was not wrong but Daadi is not wrong either.

Daadi did agree to help Anandi's family when they came to her.. when she didn't know that Mahaveer Singh was in the picture..  so I don't understand why Anandi's mother keeps on blaiming Daadi for their current situation. Khajan Singh behaved carelessly and that's why they lost their farm, home and everything.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ambodidi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I never liked Maasa's character, because I always felt it was such people who make India so backward. You find them everywhere, often in our own homes.

Now we're supposed to feel sorry for her because of all that she has suffered, but why? Because of her behaviour, Anandi and family were on the street. Anandi or her mother could easily have been sold into prostitution, the contractor offered to buy Anandi, all because of her. Then how is she any better than Mahavir Singh? He's an evil man, trying to rape his widowed sister-in-law, but her behaviour with Anandi, and earlier encouraging her son to rape his wife, makes her no better at all. If she was only thinking of herself and her family, then what is wrong with Mahavir Singh trying to fulfil his needs too? Would any of us agree with that?

gullicricket thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ambodidi

I never liked Maasa's character, because I always felt it was such people who make India so backward. You find them everywhere, often in our own homes.

Now we're supposed to feel sorry for her because of all that she has suffered, but why? Because of her behaviour, Anandi and family were on the street. Anandi or her mother could easily have been sold into prostitution, the contractor offered to buy Anandi, all because of her. Then how is she any better than Mahavir Singh? He's an evil man, trying to rape his widowed sister-in-law, but her behaviour with Anandi, and earlier encouraging her son to rape his wife, makes her no better at all. If she was only thinking of herself and her family, then what is wrong with Mahavir Singh trying to fulfil his needs too? Would any of us agree with that?

Why blame maasa for Khajan's plight? he kept his land girvi.. he went and made a bad deal the 2nd time too.. im confused.. why is everyone blaming maasa?... I may have missed a few episodes in between so Im not commenting but asking. 😊
london741 thumbnail
Me too think that why everybody is after Masaa for Khajan's situation... He did wrong deals and took stupid decision.. Its wrong to blame Masaa for Khajan's situation..
regalla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
even i agree with the same thing.

if i had been in maasa's place, even i would not have gone or allowed anybody from my family to seek help or plead for that piece of land from Mahaveer Singh...

plus, yes it was Khajaan Singh who was at fault and landed himself and his family into that well of misery.. earlier also, at the time of Sugna's gauna with Pratap, he had mortgaged his land. then, bhairon had come to his rescue. this time again for the simple reason of show off, he had mortgaged his land for Sugna's re-marriage. why ? who asked her to....there is a saying in hindi...ki aap apni chadar jitne hi paanv pasariye....that is manage within your means...dont go overboard. he again erred

then, there are scenes where he calls his land his ma....could he have mortgaged his biological mother also for money?????? then it sounds so superficial because you are doing the same to your land.

and yes, though maasa is wrong in saying that she will marry Jagdish off again, but her anger towards Anandi is not that unjustifiable... she had to obey the matriarch's orders....there ought to be some reason behind that...and since very earlier episodes, they had been showing this annoying trait of Anandi's personality that she keeps prodding into issues even when asked not to.

Jagdish was also at fault, but then, it is human nature to forgive our blood easily as compared to outsiders....... so maybe she is not that much at fault...it is human tendency...and she is just a human being not some devi or goddess.

london741 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: regalla

even i agree with the same thing.

if i had been in maasa's place, even i would not have gone or allowed anybody from my family to seek help or plead for that piece of land from Mahaveer Singh...

plus, yes it was Khajaan Singh who was at fault and landed himself and his family into that well of misery.. earlier also, at the time of Sugna's gauna with Pratap, he had mortgaged his land. then, bhairon had come to his rescue. this time again for the simple reason of show off, he had mortgaged his land for Sugna's re-marriage. why ? who asked her to....there is a saying in hindi...ki aap apni chadar jitne hi paanv pasariye....that is manage within your means...dont go overboard. he again erred

then, there are scenes where he calls his land his ma....could he have mortgaged his biological mother also for money?????? then it sounds so superficial because you are doing the same to your land.

and yes, though maasa is wrong in saying that she will marry Jagdish off again, but her anger towards Anandi is not that unjustifiable... she had to obey the matriarch's orders....there ought to be some reason behind that...and since very earlier episodes, they had been showing this annoying trait of Anandi's personality that she keeps prodding into issues even when asked not to.

Jagdish was also at fault, but then, it is human nature to forgive our blood easily as compared to outsiders....... so maybe she is not that much at fault...it is human tendency...and she is just a human being not some devi or goddess.

Well said...👏
shalgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well, why Maasa is to be blamed for khajan's plight though not completely are as follow in case the forum has lost sequence of events:

1) Khajan pawned the land for sugna's gauna as he wase forced to do this by dadisa's constant taunts on Anandi's poor family
2)Khajan went to maasa for help....agreed she could not have let anyone talk to Mahavir Singh for help....but the least she could have done it to look at Anandi's plight and agreed to loan some amount to her parents which they could have returned later......She refused blatantly.
3) What Anandi did was because she was really moved by her parents misfortune and completely unaware of dadisa's past with Mahavir Singth...on the the top of it no one from her family came ahead to help her parents.
4) instead of helping anandi and her family...dadisa added to their woes by throwing their daughter of the house, when even her grandson was equally responsible for going to MS. infact, she has always treated annadi really bad and come on....nothing can justify her behavior in throwing the beendni of the house in the night

i mean i am really surprised that people are justifying maasa's behaviour on the basis of a single adverse event of her life which she had with mahavir singh and where the entire village supported her and got her justice.....Plus what about the atrocities she does with her beendis  and what about the way she pushed basanth to force himself on gehna....
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
i agree...im surprised that ppl are actually supporting kalyani's behavior. forget anandi...she is the same woman who threw her own sister out of the house when she felt her position is threatened. where did her blood relation go in that case?
whatever happenned with kalyani was bad...but whatever happenned with gehna is worse...she actually encouraged her son to rape gehna. and as for khajan's mistakes didnt he pawn his land to ensure that his daughter doesnt continue to suffer maasa's taunts. when anandi got married to jagya kalyani knew anandi's family's financial status is poorer than hers. yet she keeps taunting anandi for the same. if she had a problem with their poverty why did she get jagya married to anandi in the first place? obviously because if jagya inlaws were rich they wouldnt have tolerated maasa's huge ego.
then for her own ego kalyani could buy the barren lands of the whole village at 2 times the price so as to retain her hold in jetsar. but she couldnt take out a small amount from her endless teasure chest to help khajan buy another piece of land and simply asked them to get lost and expected anandi to forget their troubles. im sure many of us are women here...quiet a few married. so after marriage do u simply forget ur parents and go to them only in times of your own need and ignore them rest of the time? and how are children like anandi and jagya supposed to judge what they should be doing when kalyani clams up about her past and simply says that they shouldnt do certain things because she says so! and why blame only anandi for bringing MS back into her life...jagya is equally responsible too. while anandi is severely punished jagya is simply let off the hook.
and when she got to know anandi's plight instead of doing something abt it she wanted to get jagya married again. finally she told her sons abt her past again not to share her pain but to blackmail bhairon and sumitra to stay put with her. kalyani has definitely turned from grey to black. not sure if it was on purpose or unintentionally. but her actions are definitely not justifiable and its surprising that educated viewers are justifying her actions.

shalgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kshreya2002

i agree...im surprised that ppl are actually supporting kalyani's behavior. forget anandi...she is the same woman who threw her own sister out of the house when she felt her position is threatened. where did her blood relation go in that case?
whatever happenned with kalyani was bad...but whatever happenned with gehna is worse...she actually encouraged her son to rape gehna. and as for khajan's mistakes didnt he pawn his land to ensure that his daughter doesnt continue to suffer maasa's taunts. when anandi got married to jagya kalyani knew anandi's family's financial status is poorer than hers. yet she keeps taunting anandi for the same. if she had a problem with their poverty why did she get jagya married to anandi in the first place? obviously because if jagya inlaws were rich they wouldnt have tolerated maasa's huge ego.
then for her own ego kalyani could buy the barren lands of the whole village at 2 times the price so as to retain her hold in jetsar. but she couldnt take out a small amount from her endless teasure chest to help khajan buy another piece of land and simply asked them to get lost and expected anandi to forget their troubles. im sure many of us are women here...quiet a few married. so after marriage do u simply forget ur parents and go to them only in times of your own need and ignore them rest of the time? and how are children like anandi and jagya supposed to judge what they should be doing when kalyani clams up about her past and simply says that they shouldnt do certain things because she says so! and why blame only anandi for bringing MS back into her life...jagya is equally responsible too. while anandi is severely punished jagya is simply let off the hook.
and when she got to know anandi's plight instead of doing something abt it she wanted to get jagya married again. finally she told her sons abt her past again not to share her pain but to blackmail bhairon and sumitra to stay put with her. kalyani has definitely turned from grey to black. not sure if it was on purpose or unintentionally. but her actions are definitely not justifiable and its surprising that educated viewers are justifying her actions.

Thanks kshreya.....i would really like to hear other's viewers views on the same...In my mind, this is very pertinent to the storyline of the serial on how do the viewers perceive Dadisa's behavior and actions.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
yes shalgo...kalyani is extremely egotistical and lately she has been more so. the problems she has faced in life might justify certain actions like wanting to avoid mahavir singh or getting angry at the children for letting mahavir singh know where she is. but the rest of her actions are that of an egomaniac taken to satisfy her ego without a thought for what effect her actions would have on the rest of the people connected with her. so i dont see any justification of most her actions. lately though the creatives have been giving hazy messages and twisting situations as per convenience to create unneccessary drama.