VM Suggestion/Feedback thread (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 11

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 October 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged
^^ That would be a long process, and like you're saying, some people may not want their videos to be put on the board like that. I was thinking about it, and wondered, what if let's say we chose a vid at random, right? We PM the maker, and ask if they mind having their VM in the spotlight like that. If they do, we choose another VM, if they don't then we go with that? It'd be less troublesome then the voting I think.

And I was thinking, is there a rule for VM makers to credit tutorials? Because maybe we should implement that, like how the Avatar/Signature section has a rule to credit where brushes and tutorials are downloaded from. We should ask VM makers to mention where they got colouring tips and textures from, where the VM is posted? For example, let's say I use a tutorial I get from YT, and I make a video. When I post that video in my gallery, on the page that the vid is posted, I mention that I got this tutorial, the colouring from a certain YT user. That way credit is given?

And to make sure people don't take credit for other people's work. Maintain that honesty? Just a thought, because I know I'd do that on my YT channel when I use tutorials or textures.

Love,
Radz

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo.DontKnow.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "VM Suggestion/Feedback thread (Page 3)" in VideoMix forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

Originally posted by Anhdara13

^^ That would be a long process, and like you're saying, some people may not want their videos to be put on the board like that. I was thinking about it, and wondered, what if let's say we chose a vid at random, right? We PM the maker, and ask if they mind having their VM in the spotlight like that. If they do, we choose another VM, if they don't then we go with that? It'd be less troublesome then the voting I think.

Yes, voting is a very long process. How about a seperate thread or Exhibitions thread where people can mention that VM can be reviewed from which videos can be picked up?

But that way again, people may pick VMs that the makers don't want reviewed? And I personally feel that the videos reviewed should not be picked by everyone like that, because then they'd pick the popular ones, and others may be sidelined. If a select group were to choose the VMs, then each VM maker would have the opportunity to have their VM reviewed. I think that would be fairer, actually. But that's my personal opinion. LOL We'll have to ask Ambrosia. Big smile

And I was thinking, is there a rule for VM makers to credit tutorials? Because maybe we should implement that, like how the Avatar/Signature section has a rule to credit where brushes and tutorials are downloaded from. We should ask VM makers to mention where they got colouring tips and textures from, where the VM is posted? For example, let's say I use a tutorial I get from YT, and I make a video. When I post that video in my gallery, on the page that the vid is posted, I mention that I got this tutorial, the colouring from a certain YT user. That way credit is given?

And to make sure people don't take credit for other people's work. Maintain that honesty? Just a thought, because I know I'd do that on my YT channel when I use tutorials or textures.

Yes, thats an amazing thought ! Lets get it soon into action. Will speak to the CM asap !

Do you want me to PM her? I'm quite free nowadays. LOL And I was wondering, the index Gagan brought up for the tutorial page, and for the 'help' thread, maybe that should be implemented to make things easier for browsers? I can compile some of it if necessary, as now the thread is not that long. Yet. LOL

Love,
Radz

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:35am | IP Logged

Anhdara13

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:41am | IP Logged

Yes, voting is a very long process. How about a seperate thread or Exhibitions thread where people can mention that VM can be reviewed from which videos can be picked up?

But that way again, people may pick VMs that the makers don't want reviewed? And I personally feel that the videos reviewed should not be picked by everyone like that, because then they'd pick the popular ones, and others may be sidelined. If a select group were to choose the VMs, then each VM maker would have the opportunity to have their VM reviewed. I think that would be fairer, actually. But that's my personal opinion. LOL We'll have to ask Ambrosia. Big smile

Yea, very much. We will have people to pick videos with the view that vidders are not sidelined. I believe that the DT for this forum will be appointed soon, hence the DT can carry on with choosing the VM's.

Yupyup, that was what I was thinking. So we'll have to wait till the DT is implemented, unless Ambrosia thinks it's alright for us to begin first? Then the DT can take over once they're introduced?

Yes, thats an amazing thought ! Lets get it soon into action. Will speak to the CM asap !

Do you want me to PM her? I'm quite free nowadays. LOL And I was wondering, the index Gagan brought up for the tutorial page, and for the 'help' thread, maybe that should be implemented to make things easier for browsers? I can compile some of it if necessary, as now the thread is not that long. Yet. LOL
Ive already PMed her about credits.
Yes, please go ahead with Index work. Im sure it would be alot of help to browsers. I was thinking of where we could have the Index. Do you think the topic starter has to do it on the front page ?

I think that's necessary, it's easiest if it's on the front page. So we'll have to PM the starters of the threads.

Love,
Radz

.DontKnow.

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:47am | IP Logged

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Not that I can think of. I was pondering all of this yesterday. The rules for the section are up? Maybe we should collate them? Put them together, then PM Ambrosia?

And maybe we should discuss via PM. lol.

Love,
Radz

.DontKnow.

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 4:38am | IP Logged

Okay if reviewing of videos is finalized and all of us want to be fair and unbiased then we can simply pick one vidder from the Hall Of Fame. We can arrange smth like "November:Vidder in Spotlight" and we can ask the member various questions about her work, even members can get a chance to ask her questions or give her advices on certain effects present in her VM. This can be a very important event for the section since we will have it monthly. How about you start working for the first Vidder (November) together? Tongue

Yea, very much. We will have people to pick videos with the view that vidders are not sidelined. I believe that the DT for this forum will be appointed soon, hence the DT can carry on with choosing the VM's.

Radz for giving credits to tutorials we already have a thread. Infact Neetz have added coloring tutorials too

If any of you are interested in sharing the coloring/effects  etc tutorials then we can have them under the same thread as if now. She can edit if we get new tips from members or you can update them seperately with due credits to the sites etc.

Ive already PMed her about credits.
Yes, please go ahead with Index work. Im sure it would be alot of help to browsers. I was thinking of where we could have the Index. Do you think the topic starter has to do it on the front page ?

Love,
Radz

Guys once things are finalized, one of you should have the final T Do list up here for members to see what we have planned. Im sure others also want to give their inputs.Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13.DontKnow.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top