Page 1
Page   of 11
Page 3 Page 11

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ambrosia

"Constructive criticisms" for video mixes as you have mentioned might as well bring about issues like my work is superior to her or I have had more hits than her. We are all learning new techniques from others (getting inspired) to improve our work everyday so it's best not to judge our friends. I feel instead of picking out weak points from a vidder's work we should rather pick out the best things about the video.

I also agree to what Shak has said, there are chances we will end up facing lots of comparisons because many of us do have similar themes when it comes to video mixes. There might be issues like the following Kajen Mix isn't as good as was the other ones we saw last week etc. We don't want anyone to be discouraged.

Instead we can have a voting on whose video mix has received maximum "likes" this week, and we can arrange a reward for the winner. Just my two cents.

You're probably missing my point here. I'm trying to say that we should have a 'Video of the week' where people can review it honestly - praise it if they feel it is good, point out flaws, and make suggestions on how to improve it. We're scrapping the 'Video vs Video' idea and dwelling on keeping only one video per week that will be open to reviews.

@Bolded part # 1: Aern't we already doing that ? Eg - Someone posts a video, you will have tons of comments like 'Superb work dear! Keep it up!', 'Awesome VM', 'Great job!' etc etc. Very rarely do we find a comment like, 'It could have been better'.

@Bolded part # 2: That would always put the more 'famous' vidders in the spotlight and not the deserving ones. Famous vidders get 10000000+ views and vidders who are 'just another one of them' end up scrapping the bottom of the barrel. We need to give an equal chance to everyone - to be praised, to be critiqued and to be applauded.

Edited by -Neetz- - 21 October 2009 at 7:15am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "VM Suggestion/Feedback thread (Page 2)" in VideoMix forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:23am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Pooaish_punk

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

Neeta, you actually make sense say making it a learning process for all if thats what you mean. But then it all depends on the videos we choose right ? Say voting, we can choose videos of deserving vidders and have voting. Let the person say, WHY HE IS VOTING for that particular VM.

Can't we have some thread where people could share reasons for their VM's to get better. All tips, tricks etc which they COULD implement. Looking at the positive side , it would enable people to learn and make better stuff.

We can pick videos randomly. Like 'VOTW', or 'COTW' et all, a fair chance will be given to as many videos as possible. For eg - If today my video is picked for reviewing (I take my name because I'm not sure how many people want to be named here), it will be put up for some honest critiquing for a week, then next week, some other video can be put up, EVEN IF it does not belong to any vidder here and is simply a video on YT. Consider this as a 'Case in Study' practical.

Yes, but with respect to what ? New tricks pertaining to what ? I think we already have the help desk/tutorials corner for that purpose. My whole point is that let's stop being vague and try to hit the nail on the head. Frankly, I saw this practice being succesfully undertaken in some other section of IF and it actually worked. Henceforth, I thought maybe we could do the same here if we want our bar to raise.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13.DontKnow.

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:44am | IP Logged

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

Yeah. This sounds something unique. Tongue
Case Study on VM's sound cool Cool .

If the VM is of a person here, then we must make sure that HONEST CRITICISM donot offend members. Say a VM gets more criticism's and less appreciation cuz the VM is "average" as you say. Don't you thnk the vidder will be discouraged ?

Eg : Im a newbie, just started making VM's. And ive put in alot of hardwork and I get more criticism than appreciation. Wont I feel discourgaed bcoz people are not liking them and giving only criticism.Yes, we are not evaluating the effort, but the end product depends on the person's skill and hardwork. Im just worried about that part.

Otherwise, its awesome :) Lets see what Ambrosia decides.

I think when I say 'honest comments', then you are considering that to be on an extreme tangent. A video (Be it by a newbie or an experienced maker), will be open to reviewing, but that does not mean that members can come and say, "oh the colouring looks pathetic" - No, that's not what I mean. Let's say that a particular video is too flashy/too much effects, an honest opinion can be put this way - The effects could have been moderated a bit, they make the video look extremely flashy.

I think initially members might have a problem getting used to honest feedback, but over a period of time, I think they'll start accepting it in good spirit Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13.DontKnow.aish_punk

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 24 October 2009 at 6:56am | IP Logged
I think Neeta has a point here. I would frankly love to know how my videos could be improved. I tend to send the links to friends that I know will dissect it and tell me what they hate or what they think could be better first. Or I make my sister see it, because she's blunt about my work, and then I refine it. To know what other people think of my work, honestly and without airs, would help me greatly. So from my point of view, I think this would be a great thing to implement.

And then perhaps we could also have the 'case study' thing as well, picking videos from YT as an idea as to what we all can achieve or something?

All people may not be open to honest reviews though, and some may take that as an opportunity to bash, we should put in proper rules to that effect maybe, before opening it up for reviews.

Love,
Radz

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

khushixU-No-Poo.DontKnow.indiandoll89

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 12:03am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punk

Post Reply New Post

Go to top