VideoMix
VideoMix

India-Forums

VM Suggestion/Feedback thread

.DontKnow. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 October 2009 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Onki79BilliCat.i5hyAmerrafreezinme-Imu.M-Anhdara13Angelic_JSiddhi_SobtiObsessionU-No-PooRabba-Ve-Delenaindiandoll89

Angelic_J IF-Veteran Member
Angelic_J
Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:31am | IP Logged

We are in dire need of a request thread where people can make requests for VM's and we need to make sure Vidders will actually TAKE those requestsOuchLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-PooRaee_Salvatore.DontKnow.

.DontKnow. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 10:59am | IP Logged

.DontKnow. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 11:01am | IP Logged

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 4:45am | IP Logged
The first thing that we need to do before anything else is make sure that the bar of quality is raised with an increment in the number of members. Average videos should no longer be given as much praise as great videos. Even if people do vidding only as a passtime activity and not something serious, it should be nothing less than awesome.

What we can do to achieve that is to come up with something like, 'Video vs Video # 1', every week. In this, 2 random videos (made by any of the vidders here) can be chosen, and both can be appraised/criticized CONSTRUCTIVELY so that the vidders can improve themselves accordingly. Or if this sounds too negative, we can pick a video every week which can be appraised/criticized exclusively.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13.DontKnow.Perfangel5655

.DontKnow. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 6:07am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ambrosia

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

Hey Neeta, sounds really nice Tongue .
I do have some doubts regarding this. How can we distinguish between VM's as great or average ? Every vidder puts in effort. Moreover, skill develop with experience. A vidder at first cannot make VM's equal to that of a person who has been making VM's for years.
Lets appreciate everybody's work here. As you said, we can choose a VM and comment on it so that the vidder can learn from comments. Not all have the mindset to learn from comments, some may feel discouraged too . Since the forum is new, we must do something to encourage vidders and also promote them.

That's quite easy. Take for example these 2 videos -

I think it's pretty clear as to which one's the better video. Let's not forget that here we're not comparing the amount of effort/hard work put in the two videos but the end result exclusively.

Okay, let's say we scrap the first idea and focus on the second. If we pick a video every week regardless of whoever has made it and put it up for some honest reviewing (Which inclues appraisal aswell), then it increases the scope for improvement. No one improves until they dwell on their mistakes. We're not opening the vidders to scrutiny, the moment bashing comes into the picture, the topic will have to be closed. I'm simply talking about 'constructive criticism', I know more often than not it is not taken in the right spirit but it has to begin somewhere. You can't have everything goody-goody all the time, right ?

Edited by -Neetz- - 21 October 2009 at 6:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13.DontKnow.

Ambrosia IF-Veteran Member
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Neetz-

Originally posted by shaktheback

Hey Neeta, sounds really nice Tongue .
I do have some doubts regarding this. How can we distinguish between VM's as great or average ? Every vidder puts in effort. Moreover, skill develop with experience. A vidder at first cannot make VM's equal to that of a person who has been making VM's for years.
Lets appreciate everybody's work here. As you said, we can choose a VM and comment on it so that the vidder can learn from comments. Not all have the mindset to learn from comments, some may feel discouraged too . Since the forum is new, we must do something to encourage vidders and also promote them.

That's quite easy. Take for example these 2 videos -

I think it's pretty clear as to which one's the better video. Let's not forget that here we're not comparing the amount of effort/hard work put in the two videos but the end result exclusively.

Okay, let's say we scrap the first idea and focus on the second. If we pick a video every week regardless of whoever has made it and put it up for some honest reviewing (Which inclues appraisal aswell), then it increases the scope for improvement. No one improves until they dwell on their mistakes. We're not opening the vidders to scrutiny, the moment bashing comes into the picture, the topic will have to be closed. I'm simply talking about 'constructive criticism', I know more often than not it is not taken in the right spirit but it has to begin somewhere. You can't have everything goody-goody all the time, right ?

"Constructive criticisms" for video mixes as you have mentioned might as well bring about issues like my work is superior to her or I have had more hits than her. We are all learning new techniques from others (getting inspired) to improve our work everyday so it's best not to judge our friends. I feel instead of picking out weak points from a vidder's work we should rather pick out the best things about the video.

I also agree to what Shak has said, there are chances we will end up facing lots of comparisons because many of us do have similar themes when it comes to video mixes. There might be issues like the following Kajen Mix isn't as good as was the other ones we saw last week etc. We don't want anyone to be discouraged.

Instead we can have a voting on whose video mix has received maximum "likes" this week, and we can arrange a reward for the winner. Just my two cents.

Edited by Ambrosia - 21 October 2009 at 6:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.

Go to top