Suggestions / Comments
Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

Revision of IF Dev. Team (Page 6)

.DontKnow. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-simi- IF-Sizzlerz
-simi-
-simi-

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
I like shaktheback's idea of revising a mod's credibility. Just because they were elibigle enough to become a MOD when they did, it doesnt mean they are going to remain the same after many months. Power does tend to corrupt human mind..

I also agree with him about how 2-3 admins are not enough to be around for everyone's problems.
Its a request from my side to be taken the HR team idea seriously. Trust me, this forum will be much better with it!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13.DontKnow.

Ishan. Moderator
Ishan.
Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Shak

I had already provided this idea months ago of have a separate forum called Grievances Redressal forum where people could posts there complaints and there should be a separate team especially assigned for this task !! Coz the GMs and all are busy with moderating the forum which dont have DT. also sometimes they receive so many Pms that one of the pms may slip out of their mind.

also New deserving members should be given a chance into DT. If the members become immediately inactive after entering the DT , then they should be removed from the posts STRAIGHTAWAY.

EDIT **

Here is the link where i had posted the suggestion !!!

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1244048&PID=24149969&#24149969

Edited by ishan.k - 17 November 2009 at 12:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.nikita_88

-Nadii- IF-Veteran Member
-Nadii-
-Nadii-

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

Originally posted by -Nadii-

Originally posted by -simi-

note- i wrote the following 2 posts without really reading all of the pages of this thread... now that i read the pages, i realize most of it is just repetitive i guess... LOL and some mods have already answered my questions.. so no need to pay attention to this post.. haha..

I like many points raised here... i havnt read all pages, but i agree with Sidra about there being a Human Resource team for the members, who have complains against the mods. There needs to be someone who the members can go and talk to, without getting insults splashed over their faces saying "Anything against the DEV team is against IF COC" blah blah.. If u have any complains against the DT, u can always pm Shruti di(GM) and Priya di(Admin),, they always look into the matter and try to solve it, they try their best to view the matter from both sides and give justice. And I can say that, cuz lately we have had such problems, and they do discuss it and try their best to solve it, not by only giving the DT right but members to..
Look, Shruthi has a personal life too. She cannot sit & solve queries of every members here through PM's right ? So there is a need for a consulting team, only for receiving complaints from members & giving them constructive/unbiased solution.  This reduces the work of GM's & let them moderate over the consulting team.

Yah I know that, but still we do out best to solve all problems, before anyone take up the responsibilies of being admin or gm, they think twice, cuz we all know how much work there is in it... Many members dont wanna be more than viewbies, cuz they know they wont be able to handle it.

At this moment, we are doing out best to update our DT. with removing non-active members and those who dont wanna join anymore and then use that space for more deserving members...
I know its much easier wit a Consulting team, but again that will also take a lot time to create such a time.. Again we need to find members who are not biased, who have not been in trouble before, someone who knows how to handle problems etc.. and thats again lots lots of work,, but I will suggest this idea for Admins and gms, and reply back here ..

Another point is that i have seen WAYYYY too many mods, who literally disappear off the face of IC.. and still hold their position. Personal life, without a doubt, comes before anything else... but if you have too many personal issues that make u quit IF for 5-6 months straight, then why are u on the dev team? Exatly, thats what we also have been saying for past few months and thats why, the admins and gms have taken the move to remove DT rights for those who are not active anymore and for those who dont wanna be active anymore/and be in DT.. Cuz its really irritating to have DT who is inactive, when that place could be given to someone deserving...
That means, people initially work hard & actively for the tag. Once they get the right, they go inactive. There must be a rule for DT, that if you go inactive for so many days after so many months etc, you automatically become a Veteran Member. Trust me, there are so deserving people amidst us who aren't given any chance.

exatly, when we do the promotions, everyone want it to be done fast, and then the admins and gms dont get a chance to think or check the member, and when the promotions are done members turn in-active after some months and everyone blames admins and gms for choosing bad... Thats why this time the promotion is taking lot of time cuz they wanna choose right, also bcz of removing in-active members there will be a lot space for new members, and again there we have to think twice before choosing members.. and thats a lot of work for us--- sometimes members need to go in-active for a couple of months, if they got exams, have to go abroad or wedding, so thats why we dont have such a system..

Lastly, i understand the fact that IF is a growing community with many many new members joining, and hence, more dev team members are needed, but positions shouldnt be given in a haste. I have seen that most people who become a part of the dev team are usually the ones who have been doing daily show updates. Just because they write out episodes everyday, or upload videos everyday, it doesnt mean that they are mature or responsible enough to be mods. I dont agree in this, those who do the updates joins the DT as coolbies(they only do updates and can sticky their post as far I remember, ) some then help out more then updating and can be promoted as (cool viewbie)- doing the update + helping out in te forum..
But we also do pick members who dont update but help out regular in the forum with other stuff. Embarrasseda
The eligibility for becoming viewbies must be revised.
Being very honest, if you criticize something ie if your'nt a fan of any particular show, you are exiled from being the DT. Is this right ?? That is how we have biased Mods here who keep supporting fans supress people who give criticism. I must tell that critics aka BASHERS which people call here SHOULD also be considered for the DT. Cuz i feel that they hv more leadership qualities in them & more deserving to MANAGE a forum.

With the warning level issue. Critics when provoked by biased Mods & fans tend to go out of limit. Hence the Mod issues a Warning Level ! Is this right again ??

When we get any request from members to join the DT, everyone is asked what they think, then there can be some members who says this member is very good and deserve it , while others say no not at all, then its not always a NO, but the member is considered, checked before anything decided.

But bashers are a NO,,. cuz who knows if members who bash stars, shows turns a dT, they will keep doing it, and then members will like point fingers at the dT, cuz we are supposed to be neutral, even if we like or dislike any clebrity/show, we cant be biased... again if anything like this is seen do report ..

-Nadii-
-Nadii-

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -simi-

I like shaktheback's idea of revising a mod's credibility. Just because they were elibigle enough to become a MOD when they did, it doesnt mean they are going to remain the same after many months. Power does tend to corrupt human mind..

Thats why in-active dT members are getting their rights removed... 
I also agree with him about how 2-3 admins are not enough to be around for everyone's problems.
Its a request from my side to be taken the HR team idea seriously. Trust me, this forum will be much better with it!
I know, but again how sure can u be that if we get a new admin it will work... IF is a big forum, and needs a lot work, not even IF, but also creative, IF system,  blogs, Bollycurry, tellybuzz, meme4u etc.. there is a lot of work.. and not sure that if we get more admins the work load will be less.. Also being a admin is a big responsibilty, and before chooosing, a lot of thinking is needed,, not everyone can be admin, we need to be sure the power is not misused, also if we have many admins there can easily be misunderstandings, problems etc..
Again as told before, will forward this suggestion and let u guyss know..

-Nadii-
-Nadii-

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 3:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ishan.k

Shak

I had already provided this idea months ago of have a separate forum called Grievances Redressal forum where people could posts there complaints and there should be a separate team especially assigned for this task !! Coz the GMs and all are busy with moderating the forum which dont have DT. also sometimes they receive so many Pms that one of the pms may slip out of their mind.
atleast that will be less, as maybe almost all channels will soon get a CM, so gms get less to look at..

also New deserving members should be given a chance into DT. If the members become immediately inactive after entering the DT , then they should be removed from the posts STRAIGHTAWAY.
thats why we are removing inactive members, so new members could be given the chance.. as said before we cant just remove anyone if they turn inactive u can never know if they had something urgent like exam, wedding etc..

EDIT **

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.

Ishan. Moderator
Ishan.
Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nadii-

Originally posted by ishan.k

Shak

atleast that will be less, as maybe almost all channels will soon get a CM, so gms get less to look at..

Thats really a good news !!! Clap

thats why we are removing inactive members, so new members could be given the chance.. as said before we cant just remove anyone if they turn inactive u can never know if they had something urgent like exam, wedding etc..

Yeah i agree , I meant to say that if they are inactive for 2-3 months then remove them , not if they are for 2-3 weeks !!! Big smile BTW thanks for replying . EAGERLY waiting for the new developments to take place !!! Smile

EDIT **

OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Hi Everyone

I guess a lot of you are confused and want ot know what is happening . So let me clarify what's happening.

There have been a lot of development members who have moved on either because of personal issues or their lack of interest etc. Their title has still been there and this has raised a lot of confusions during promotions.For example  When I go to check I see that there are 5 DT members and that section is not active so I am all confused as to why I am adding more people . I am sure members too are all confused as they PM these people to get no reply. Then that tends them to become upset and angry that their voice is not heard. . So right now we are tryig to clean up to see where exactly we need help. To be able to assess what really is the needs of the forum and its members.Where we can add more members to the dev team. For that to happen we first have to do a clean up which is exactly what is happening as as Jot mentioned we are targetting the month end next month to get a grip on that. Its not like some of you assume that we are removing people. PM;s are being sent out and the decision are made by them .Hope this helps to clear your confusion.

Also we are looking at making the DT responsible for their actions. If you falter to do fulfil your responsibilities then we are going to be letting you know that. We are going to have another round of promotions out anytime as i write and CM promotions are going to be out soon too. With that should hopefully give me and the GM;s a lot more time to deal with issues than having to be doing sticking and trashing posts,  People have in the past jumped the hierarchy and come directly to me so now with these whole new set of promotions hopefully they will find people to go through before coming to me. So please let us do what we have started out to doing and we require your help and patience through it and then we can evaluate and work on the next steps to make the DT better.

~Priya

Edited by priya.nair - 17 November 2009 at 9:48am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*Ishan.psycho_angelNikasha.Anhdara13-Mystery-minuuKiran.Angelic_J-Nadii--Gaganjot--simi-U-No-Poo* Unnati *Perfangel5655.DontKnow...Armaania..petticoatnikita_88AreYaar

Go to top