Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 28 October 2009 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
To add to what everyone's already said.....I think it is possible to have seperate dev. team members for seperate things...since a lot of ppl seem to get appointed sheerly on the basis of how 'active' they are in a forum i.e. how many endless topics they can create and how much they 'help' out with the forum work.....it is rare that a mod is good at being active as a member as well as has the maturity and objectivity to deal with forum issues.....so I think the admins should look into this and either be more careful in the selection process if they are looking for one person with all the sets of qualities or split up the work.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

anchal2Anhdara13spiritcrimson.DontKnow.nikita_88indiandoll89

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Revision of IF Dev. Team (Page 3)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nikita_88

IF-Stunnerz

nikita_88

Posted: 28 October 2009 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
I have to agree with what a lot of people have said on here, but I do think the Dev team needs a re-vamp, because there is a lack of GM, like all Forums don't even have one, and for some Forums I don't know who the GM even is, and in some Forums I don't see a Mod, there is a viewbie and that is it!

I also don't understand the selection process because I know of some members who help out on IF a lot yet have not been promoted to a Viewbie, Coolbie or Mod and they have applied to be in the Dev team and truely deserve to be on the team.

Plus if you have had a raised warning level does that ever go away, I mean something could have been said in the heat of the moment, it might have just been swearing but not at a person or at a charater or actor but just cause of the shock of what a person read!

Plus they are loads of members that can contribute at times so how does the Admin team differentiate in them to make some members Viewbies?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anchal2-Imu.M-Anhdara13spiritcrimson

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 28 October 2009 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

I think I've whined about it enough, so I would rather not degrade myself any further. There are some very very hardworking DT members and I love them. But there are definitely so many who are never around and I ask myself why are they the moderators when they are not around to moderate. The old inactive ones should be let go and new ones who actually work hard should be appointed. And a new guideline should be made on how to become a mod. Because helping out in a section more than a regular member is definitely not it.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.anchal2-Imu.M-Anhdara13Angelic_JJess.mimi0295.DontKnow...Armaania..nikita_88AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 29 October 2009 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Perfangel5655

I think I've whined about it enough, so I would rather not degrade myself any further. There are some very very hardworking DT members and I love them. But there are definitely so many who are never around and I ask myself why are they the moderators when they are not around to moderate. The old inactive ones should be let go and new ones who actually work hard should be appointed. And a new guideline should be made on how to become a mod. Because helping out in a section more than a regular member is definitely not it.

Well said!Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Imu.M-.DontKnow.nikita_88

Aarohi..

IF-Dazzler

Aarohi..

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 8:17am | IP Logged
completely agree wid u..

-Imu.M-

IF-Rockerz

-Imu.M-

Na Ana Is Desh Laado Banner contest winner

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikita_88

Plus if you have had a raised warning level does that ever go away, I mean something could have been said in the heat of the moment, it might have just been swearing but not at a person or at a charater or actor but just cause of the shock of what a person read!

Well if you get a warning level Increased then it can be decreased but the it depends on the mod who raised it and what for?, if they see your behaviour or whatever and see that it improved then i think sometime the Mod's decrease warning Level Big smile .. But as far as i know, If you get one WL Increase from Dev Team then you can never be part of DT Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nikita_88

* Unnati *

IF-Sizzlerz

* Unnati *

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Neeta..I cudn't have agreed more with u. But Im still afraid if Vijay or the mods will even pay a heed to this..I hope they , with all humility , take this into serious consideration. Members are stil lvery much  bewildered with the whole selection process of Dev team members. Various Do's & don't s are being mentioned for the post of viewbie / mod & so many people follow it , they are active in the forums , restrict to healthy discussions , but they're hardly recognised or rewarded. So many members also apply for the dev team posts. But No one gives a heed to it. Its really sad indeed!!

Edited by * Unnati * - 02 November 2009 at 6:55am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13U-No-Poo

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 05 November 2009 at 8:07pm | IP Logged

great topic...but unfortunately i dont think anyone who is able to do something about this has even looked at this thread.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top