India-Forums

Revision of IF Dev. Team (Page 2)

ardis10 Goldie
ardis10
ardis10

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 7:28pm | IP Logged

NEETZ! wonderful topic

This point that u raise
Another problem with the IF DT is the lack of interpersonal communication. It takes about a decade to get a small topic shifted from place to another. The different levels of DT lack a communication base which leads to extreme delay in actions. The member actually has no idea who to PM and when to PM to get the job done. There is no proper channel of authority, only a haywire system which leads to nothing.
I wud further like to comment about it.

Mods say that they have other things to do ( i.e their personal life) and are busy with stuff so thats why they dont reply to PM's. On the other hand, YOU ARE A MOD THEREFOR U SHUD HAVE TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS.
FINE, take 2-3 days to answer pm's, BUT 2-3 weeks, thats just unprofessional.

ALSO, there should be a human resource individual who would take complaints about MODS ( from people who have sufficient prooof) so MODS dont use their authoriy on IF in a wrong way

I mean just because some MODS cant get what they want in real life, they neglict and abuse innocent members ( I can name one for you right now, let me know if you can handle the truth)

OKAY thats all

Once again, realllyy good topic Neeta~~

Sidra

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo.DontKnow...Armaania..

mimi0295 IF-Veteran Member
mimi0295
mimi0295

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
I kind of agree with you. I recently got promoted, and I can see that the communication between some (not all) DT members is lacking extremely. Without proper communication, the forums become a mess, and sometimes, it feels like only one person is doing all the work.. when it shouldn't be like that at all.
I wouldn't say that they are inefficient, I mean, there's a reason why they're part of the DT. But a lot of members get promoted without reason, and I feel that should be looked upon carefully. I definately would encourage promoting regular members who have shown dedication to the site, and have been a positive influence for others.
I would also like the following to be reinforced to everyone:

DT members aren't Gods, and regular members aren't inferior.

A lot of the time, I feel that's how we look at each other. Before being a Viewbie,I am a member. I want to be able to work with people who are able to both agree and disagree with me. I want people who actually help out. When the DT goes inactive, that sucks. My inbox is always flooded, and i try my best to reply to everyone, but sometimes, I get lazy too... and that's just a fact.

Okay, now I don't know what I'm saying ROFL but really, the GM problem is another major thing that should be looked at.

Having to PM 35789247892789 GMs to get one topic GA'ed is just crazy. As a Crazy Creative, I know exactly how that feels. I think we need more active GM's. Not just rely on a few, they have lives too.

--Mimi

P.S Sorry for the essay!

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.BilliCat.anchal2-Imu.M-Anhdara13Angelic_JburgerchaapPerfangel5655spiritcrimsonCalvin_Kleinviniva sharmakavya.bnikita_88AreYaar

Ishan. Moderator
Ishan.
Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Yeah i agree with mimi !!! Though there are a few GMs who are active but bugging them for every little thing really feels weird. I hope there are more ACTIVE GMs !!!

And nice topic Neeta !!! Big smile

.DontKnow. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 10:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.anchal2-Imu.M-Anhdara13mimi0295Angelic_J* Unnati *spiritcrimsonnikita_88

Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

I request the Admins to give chance to freshers here. Kindly give them a chance to prove themselves !
Im sure there are alot of efficient leaders among us. I must mention the Channel Mod here who I literally ADORE for her down to earth nature. She is so understanding, friendly, quick at reply to PM's and most imporatantly NO ATTITUDE. Such people very much deserve posts of GM's Tongue.

Another request. Please remove viewbies who are partial to fans here.
I came across a topic which was closed cuz fans were disturbed. Trust me, there was NO BASHING or nobody had even crossed the IF COC.

The committee idea is amazing ! Please implement them. Let the person be judged on how much work he has done in the particular forum than his past records.

Everyone has chances to join the DT  :)
**if your warning level has never been raised**

1. Viewbie: These are the Members who assist the Section Moderators, help in promoting healthy discussions, sense and prevent collisions. Viewbies are Moderators on probation.

Moderators: These Members have certain Sections allocated to them, they take care of the day to day activity of their Sections.

Global Moderators and Admins: These Members have rights to to moderate all sections. The Admins take care of the technical as well as back-end jobs, maintain a smooth functioning of the Forum.

2. How do I become a Coolbie?

The member who writes regular Updates for a Section, over a period of time, will be promoted by the Section Mods and others in the Board to a Coolbie Status.

3. How do I become a Viewbie?

The members who contribute more than a regular member in the upliftment of a particular Section, who have the ability of promoting healthy discussions, ability to prevent collisions and take care of the Section along with the Section Mod will be made a Viewbie. This promotion will be finalized by the Section Moderators as well as other Global Moderators along with the Admin Members. Viewbies are Moderators under training and once a viewbie performs well as a moderator is promoted as Moderator. They are the members who have limited Moderating rights, are considered as Future Moderators.

4. Who are Moderators?

Moderators are members who take care of the day-to-day activity of the Sections. They have the power to edit and delete posts, lock and unlock posts, move posts, trash posts etc, in the sections where they are promoted to Moderator Status. Moderators prevent people going off-topic or posting profanity and abusing words on the forum. The Moderators are usually chosen by the Global Moderators and members in the Admin Group. The Moderator is otherwise chosen on the basis of Quality of work for the forum, Nature of Posts in the forum and NOT based on Number of Posts.

so you have to be really active in a section and help out a lot and create good topics and all that :)
maybe if you keep it up for like a year or so (maybe even less) you can get promoted :)

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ohreallyBilliCat.-Imu.M-Vedika126angelic_devil-LilyGurl-Sano88Angelic_Jburgerchaapviniva sharma.DontKnow.iTangled_25nikita_88

Angelic_J IF-Veteran Member
Angelic_J
Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 6:56pm | IP Logged

I completely agree with what Mimi and Shak have writtenClap Even I feel there are lot of DT members out there who actually DO NOT deserve to be on the team at all. I have brought up this issue before but everytime it seems like something would get done, the GM handling the issue goes inactiveOuchConfused Again as Priya Di knows, I would reinforce a moferation feedback type of thing where every member can leave feedback on DT member's moderation skills and these feedbacks would be reviewed periodically by the GM's so only the deserving candidates are left on the team :)

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.BilliCat.Sarah4evaanchal2-Imu.M-Anhdara13Jess.Sano88burgerchaapPerfangel5655-simi-viniva sharmaspiritcrimsonkavya.biTangled_25AreYaar

Vedika126 IF-Rockerz
Vedika126
Vedika126

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 8:24am | IP Logged
i agree with all what u said

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Pooviniva sharma

psycho_angel IF-Dazzler
psycho_angel
psycho_angel

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
my 2 cents.please dont appoint someone as a mod..in fact give them any DT tag on the basis of sucking up behavior.there are loads of people out there who will get overt friendly with the current DT,like all their posts,post hugs and generally suck up...just to get a tag.unfortuately these are the ones who are given the tags

Go to top