Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
Shak

I had already provided this idea months ago of have a separate forum called Grievances Redressal forum where people could posts there complaints and there should be a separate team especially assigned for this task !! Coz the GMs and all are busy with moderating the forum which dont have DT. also sometimes they receive so many Pms that one of the pms may slip out of their mind.

also New deserving members should be given a chance into DT. If the members become immediately inactive after entering the DT , then they should be removed from the posts STRAIGHTAWAY.

EDIT **

Here is the link where i had posted the suggestion !!!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/24149969
Edited by ishan.k - 14 years ago
-Nadii- thumbnail
-Nadii- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -simi-

I like shaktheback's idea of revising a mod's credibility. Just because they were elibigle enough to become a MOD when they did, it doesnt mean they are going to remain the same after many months. Power does tend to corrupt human mind..

Thats why in-active dT members are getting their rights removed... 
I also agree with him about how 2-3 admins are not enough to be around for everyone's problems.
Its a request from my side to be taken the HR team idea seriously. Trust me, this forum will be much better with it!
I know, but again how sure can u be that if we get a new admin it will work... IF is a big forum, and needs a lot work, not even IF, but also creative, IF system,  blogs, Bollycurry, tellybuzz, meme4u etc.. there is a lot of work.. and not sure that if we get more admins the work load will be less.. Also being a admin is a big responsibilty, and before chooosing, a lot of thinking is needed,, not everyone can be admin, we need to be sure the power is not misused, also if we have many admins there can easily be misunderstandings, problems etc..
Again as told before, will forward this suggestion and let u guyss know..

-Nadii- thumbnail
Originally posted by: ishan.k

Shak

I had already provided this idea months ago of have a separate forum called Grievances Redressal forum where people could posts there complaints and there should be a separate team especially assigned for this task !! Coz the GMs and all are busy with moderating the forum which dont have DT. also sometimes they receive so many Pms that one of the pms may slip out of their mind.

atleast that will be less, as maybe almost all channels will soon get a CM, so gms get less to look at..

also New deserving members should be given a chance into DT. If the members become immediately inactive after entering the DT , then they should be removed from the posts STRAIGHTAWAY.
thats why we are removing inactive members, so new members could be given the chance.. as said before we cant just remove anyone if they turn inactive u can never know if they had something urgent like exam, wedding etc..

EDIT **

Here is the link where i had posted the suggestion !!!

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1244048&PID=24149969&#24149969

Ishan. thumbnail
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Hi Everyone

I guess a lot of you are confused and want ot know what is happening . So let me clarify what's happening.

There have been a lot of development members who have moved on either because of personal issues or their lack of interest etc. Their title has still been there and this has raised a lot of confusions during promotions.For example  When I go to check I see that there are 5 DT members and that section is not active so I am all confused as to why I am adding more people . I am sure members too are all confused as they PM these people to get no reply. Then that tends them to become upset and angry that their voice is not heard. . So right now we are tryig to clean up to see where exactly we need help. To be able to assess what really is the needs of the forum and its members.Where we can add more members to the dev team. For that to happen we first have to do a clean up which is exactly what is happening as as Jot mentioned we are targetting the month end next month to get a grip on that. Its not like some of you assume that we are removing people. PM;s are being sent out and the decision are made by them .Hope this helps to clear your confusion.

Also we are looking at making the DT responsible for their actions. If you falter to do fulfil your responsibilities then we are going to be letting you know that. We are going to have another round of promotions out anytime as i write and CM promotions are going to be out soon too. With that should hopefully give me and the GM;s a lot more time to deal with issues than having to be doing sticking and trashing posts,  People have in the past jumped the hierarchy and come directly to me so now with these whole new set of promotions hopefully they will find people to go through before coming to me. So please let us do what we have started out to doing and we require your help and patience through it and then we can evaluate and work on the next steps to make the DT better.

~Priya

Edited by priya.nair - 14 years ago
Priya, thanks alot for the reply.
I really wish you very good luck , so that you take the right decision in making this forum a better place for all of us to interact. And hope members are satisfied with it.

As for the HR team, kindly think about it as they turn out to be very useful. 
-simi- thumbnail

yes i realize that things are being done about inactive dt members.. but my point wasnt just about those... there are mods who are still around and have turned really rude and corrupt... whenever someone has tried to raise their voices against these DT members, the response has always been along the lines of 'we will look into this matter'... and thats pretty much it 😕

thanks priya for clarifying out a lot of things, and i hope things will work out in this forum as all of us agree that its gotten a bit messy 😊
-Nadii- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -simi-

yes i realize that things are being done about inactive dt members.. but my point wasnt just about those... there are mods who are still around and have turned really rude and corrupt... whenever someone has tried to raise their voices against these DT members, the response has always been along the lines of 'we will look into this matter'... and thats pretty much it 😕
Thats weird, as much I know we keep trying our best to solve the matter and dont let it be,, by looking at recently problems..
But I wanna say again any probs do pm Priya di or shruti and I am sure they will do something

thanks priya for clarifying out a lot of things, and i hope things will work out in this forum as all of us agree that its gotten a bit messy 😊

Ishan. thumbnail
Thanks for the reply Priya !!!

I think the new members who are ready to work for a forum should be given a chance !!! 😃