Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikasha. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
...It means that Dev. Team members who are/were at fault are being replaced with better, more responsible members. In-active DT Members are being kicked out of the DT, and are given a chance to live their lives as normal members.

A Tip: Always follow the rules that are presented to you once you are part of the DT. Each every one of your moves is being watched. It's quite scary if you ask me. Do not do anything risky, or you will face the consequences. I learned that... the hard way. =|
-Nadii- thumbnail

@ Nikasha: We are doing it for the best, looking at member complains, they are tired of in-active DT members who never replies back..    About watching all, this dont happend on IF.. We dont watch over members but over forums.. I agree we have some trouble makers that needs to be watched over but other than that IF its a place where u can be and discuss and make friends etc..                   About u not being part of DT anymore, we both know whose fault it was... and I dont think that should be discussed public..

To rest of members as mentioned before DT is being rearranged.. DT members who dont want to be a part of Dt anymore and getting their rights removed, those who have been in-active for loong time are getting their rights removed, its all being cleaned so we can see where we need more DT members, and start focusing on ur request..
Again DT members are selected by looking at their activity in the following forums...

About promotion taking long time, I agree it always take loong time, but its cuz of Admins and Gms want to be sure that the right promotion is done, as faster promotions are done, as more misunderstandings/problems can there be for the newly promoted members, maybe they are no longer active in the particular forum and sometimes they dont wanna moderate more..😊

And lastly , If any of u felt u have been wrong threated by any of the DT members or that they have been rude for nothing, then always feel free to pm to a CM for that channel or a Gm or Admin...(I know Vijay bro is not so much into all this mtter at the moment, but then u have Priya di, who is always there to help and look into ur matters,, it just take lot of time, to discuss ur problems/complaints/suggestions)

Hope it helped a bit
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Nadii

Thanks for clarifying . But I am confused. Y r the DT members who have served the forums loosing their titles ??? They must have worked with the forums for sometime right ?? So shouldnt they get an IF Veteran Member status ??? 😕

-Nadii- thumbnail
they are Ishan, mostly are getting IF Veteran member status, but some are getting back to normal, as they them self said they dont wanna be in DT anymore..:
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ishan.k

Nadii

Thanks for clarifying . But I am confused. Y r the DT members who have served the forums loosing their titles ??? They must have worked with the forums for sometime right ?? So shouldnt they get an IF Veteran Member status ??? 😕

Because, They told themselves they dont want to be part anymore, Admins first ask them and then only take decisions..😊
-simi- thumbnail
note- i wrote the following 2 posts without really reading all of the pages of this thread... now that i read the pages, i realize most of it is just repetitive i guess... 😆 and some mods have already answered my questions.. so no need to pay attention to this post.. haha..

I like many points raised here... i havnt read all pages, but i agree with Sidra about there being a Human Resource team for the members, who have complains against the mods. There needs to be someone who the members can go and talk to, without getting insults splashed over their faces saying "Anything against the DEV team is against IF COC" blah blah..

Another point is that i have seen WAYYYY too many mods, who literally disappear off the face of IC.. and still hold their position. Personal life, without a doubt, comes before anything else... but if you have too many personal issues that make u quit IF for 5-6 months straight, then why are u on the dev team?

Lastly, i understand the fact that IF is a growing community with many many new members joining, and hence, more dev team members are needed, but positions shouldnt be given in a haste. I have seen that most people who become a part of the dev team are usually the ones who have been doing daily show updates. Just because they write out episodes everyday, or upload videos everyday, it doesnt mean that they are mature or responsible enough to be mods.

Edited by -simi- - 14 years ago
-simi- thumbnail
BTW, my last point about the daily uploaders... wasnt aimed at every DEV team member because i know many of them are deciplined enough.. but i dont think its the right way of picking dev team. I hope i havnt offended anyone.
-Nadii- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -simi-

note- i wrote the following 2 posts without really reading all of the pages of this thread... now that i read the pages, i realize most of it is just repetitive i guess... 😆 and some mods have already answered my questions.. so no need to pay attention to this post.. haha..

I like many points raised here... i havnt read all pages, but i agree with Sidra about there being a Human Resource team for the members, who have complains against the mods. There needs to be someone who the members can go and talk to, without getting insults splashed over their faces saying "Anything against the DEV team is against IF COC" blah blah.. If u have any complains against the DT, u can always pm Shruti di(GM) and Priya di(Admin),, they always look into the matter and try to solve it, they try their best to view the matter from both sides and give justice. And I can say that, cuz lately we have had such problems, and they do discuss it and try their best to solve it, not by only giving the DT right but members to..

Another point is that i have seen WAYYYY too many mods, who literally disappear off the face of IC.. and still hold their position. Personal life, without a doubt, comes before anything else... but if you have too many personal issues that make u quit IF for 5-6 months straight, then why are u on the dev team? Exatly, thats what we also have been saying for past few months and thats why, the admins and gms have taken the move to remove DT rights for those who are not active anymore and for those who dont wanna be active anymore/and be in DT.. Cuz its really irritating to have DT who is inactive, when that place could be given to someone deserving...

Lastly, i understand the fact that IF is a growing community with many many new members joining, and hence, more dev team members are needed, but positions shouldnt be given in a haste. I have seen that most people who become a part of the dev team are usually the ones who have been doing daily show updates. Just because they write out episodes everyday, or upload videos everyday, it doesnt mean that they are mature or responsible enough to be mods. I dont agree in this, those who do the updates joins the DT as coolbies(they only do updates and can sticky their post as far I remember, ) some then help out more then updating and can be promoted as (cool viewbie)- doing the update + helping out in te forum..
But we also do pick members who dont update but help out regular in the forum with other stuff. 😳a

-simi- thumbnail
I like shaktheback's idea of revising a mod's credibility. Just because they were elibigle enough to become a MOD when they did, it doesnt mean they are going to remain the same after many months. Power does tend to corrupt human mind..

I also agree with him about how 2-3 admins are not enough to be around for everyone's problems.
Its a request from my side to be taken the HR team idea seriously. Trust me, this forum will be much better with it!