Suggestions / Comments
Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

Revision of IF Dev. Team

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 15 October 2009 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Without beating around the bush, I'm going to get straight to the point - I think what IF really needs right now is a revision of the entire Dev. Team, right from the top to bottom. The current DT is extremely inefficient, to say the least. Late answer to PMs, rude behaviour, unecessary WLs, mocking etc etc. Because IF does not have a proper system of moderating the mods, the entire chain has gone askew.

Bringing in new mods for every section will have alot of benefits:

1. The regular members (who have not been mods) will get to experience what exactly being a mod means.

2. The current mods will get to know what it is like to be a normal member, and just another face in the crowd.

3. A torrent of new ideas. New mods will introduce their own way of dealing with issues which may be better than the previous mods.

4. People will learn to not take power for granted. Just because you are a mod now, doesn't mean you will continue to be after sometime.

These are to name a few. I feel that this revision should take place every 1 year (or anyother fixed time period), an active cycle will be formed this way, and a good democratic system can be estabilished.

Also, the selection of the Dev. Team is a very warped process. The mods themselves don't know how they were selected. This process needs to be well defined. Like I had suggested long time back, the GMs/Admins can select a panel of members who can capable of being on the Dev. Team, and then the members can vote.

Another problem with the IF DT is the lack of interpersonal communication. It takes about a decade to get a small topic shifted from place to another. The different levels of DT lack a communication base which leads to extreme delay in actions. The member actually has no idea who to PM and when to PM to get the job done. There is no proper channel of authority, only a haywire system which leads to nothing.

Lastly, I'd like to request Vijay to stop focusing so much in IF's technological updation. What IF really needs right now is a proper internal functioning system, not the scrap or the testemonial feature. Ultimately, it is the internal structure which upholds the system, the external crust can be updated and beautified later, and unfortunately, IF's internal structure is pathetic and lame. It's like a worthless present wrapped up in a pretty paper.

Setting this structure straight requires time and effort, but in the long run, It will prove to be a beneficial investment - for both IF and it's members.

Edited by -Neetz- - 15 October 2009 at 7:06pm

The following 57 member(s) liked the above post:

khadija09akshaya24Mockingjay1Temptations.toliBilliCat.mits002Sarah4evabeautifuldreamspisces25anon.-LilyGurl-hello.Vedika126-Imu.M-Anhdara13.x.Saira.x.mittijalebiDark Lovesabrinaa.-JujuKEloquentmimi0295-simi-Calvin_KleinhowzzatRiyaK09RagMastaburgerchaapbabii.girl* Unnati *-KingAragorn-viniva sharmaksg.Perfangel5655.driftingawaymissinguonly-Rinky-ROBlicious..DontKnow.-Alina.yoga23priyaPrinsesse.Suvi..Armaania..avivakirkiwantitallAnonymousUserspiritcrimsonWrackspurtlavienroseiTangled_25kavya.b-Fatima-nikita_88AreYaarHowlariousserendipity.

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 15 October 2009 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
umm just one question which ishan already put up..

after taking up the position of a DT , people become "Inactive" then why would they be the current DT at all.....atleast there should be some way of telling us who is the current ACTIVE person

I once pmed a channel mod for help in star one forum..his name was up and everything... He told me He Had Quit the DT long ago!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

khadija09EloquentU-No-PooGur.N.coolPerfangel5655spiritcrimsonnikita_88serendipity.

sabrinaa. IF-Rockerz
sabrinaa.
sabrinaa.

Posted: 15 October 2009 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
I agree with everything Neeta has mentioned. This is a brilliant idea, and I don't think I need to say anymore.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Madiha_20Anhdara13U-No-Poospiritcrimson.DontKnow.serendipity.

-Rinky- IF-Sizzlerz
-Rinky-
-Rinky-

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 2:42am | IP Logged
I agree with everything u said... esp this part...

Lastly, I'd like to request Vijay to stop focusing so much in IF's technological updation. What IF really needs right now is a proper internal functioning system, not the scrap or the testemonial feature. Ultimately, it is the internal structure which upholds the system, the external crust can be updated and beautified later, and unfortunately, IF's internal structure is pathetic and lame. It's like a worthless present wrapped up in a pretty paper.

good idea it needs to be thought over..
-Lipsa- IF-Sizzlerz
-Lipsa-
-Lipsa-

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 5:01am | IP Logged
I agree with you.this is a issue which needs to be thought over.I dont ssay they are inefficent as many of my quieirieas have been answered by dt's but I would say those efficent dt's must be kept until they show a lack or something.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity.

iTangled_25 IF-Stunnerz
iTangled_25
iTangled_25

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 6:47am | IP Logged
I agree with every word Neetz, The most agreeable statement is some MODS ARE JUST rude, !!

avivakirk

Wrackspurt IF-Stunnerz
Wrackspurt
Wrackspurt

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 8:19am | IP Logged
I agree with everything you said Neetz  Thumbs Up

iTangled_25

howzzat IF-Sizzlerz
howzzat
howzzat

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
I agree with Neetz.. I personally feel lots of Mods are Incapable of using their power in a good way.. It sucks but its true! once they see what a normal member goes thru everyday then they'll realise the misuse of power they do.. some just raise WLs just because they don't like that specified person.. There needs to be changes made regularly so that the Moderators stop behaving like Gods, and also there should be a Mods regulator for every sub-forum as well, it takes really long for an Admin or GM to respond to every PM cos they are very busy!

avivakirk

Go to top