Debate Mansion

Can kids learn thrift from indulgent parents? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 3:34pm | IP Logged

My parents always work and they never over indulge me unless I have cried my eyes out. Cry (embarassing) My parents have always made good financial decisions but I have turned out exact opposite. Even when I earned my own money I would spend it left and right. The fact that they didn't indulge me at my every little whim had a very very strong opposite effect on me. As long as I can afford it I don't deny myself anything.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can kids learn thrift from indulgent parents? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
I think my parents are bipolar. As a child, I never got pocket money, in school when all my friends did. I would beg, and I was told - tell us what you want to but - if we judge it reasonable you can get it. I was like, I don't know when I might want to have vada pav with my friends. They were like, you don't need to eat vada pav on a whim. Then when I went to college and took the bus, they gave me too much pocket money. I did not know what to do with it.

There were times I would cry my eyes out for something and they will not relent. And sometimes I would absentmindedly say 'I wish I had X' and they would buy it for me.  Like totally bipolar.

It made me bipolar. I deprive myself by only ogling at the electronics section. I pick the generic store brands that are 50 cents cheaper while shopping for groceries. Then all of a sudden I decide that I need a 70 dollar argyle sweater from Buckle because its totally awesome.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top