Book Talk

Book Nutters Ka Chat Club! (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 58

aishwaria

IF-Dazzler

aishwaria

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:35am | IP Logged
I have just read Harry Potter and Twilight from your list Lalitha and share the same opinion. I love the harry potter series. I have read all four twilight books but dont like them. I tried to read Emma but could not read more than 2 chapters. I like Jodi Picoult's My Sister's keeper, A Thousand Splendid Suns and P.S. I Love You. Even 'Remember Me' by Sophie Kinsella was okay.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Nutters Ka Chat Club! (Page 6)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ammygurl

I have read obnly harry and twilight and from ur list lalitha di....
hehehe...
i desperately wanna read anne of the green gables

Anne of Green Gables is great, Ananya! Def you should read it, it's very fast paced too! Though a children's book, it deals with a lot of real life problems, like childhood neglect and so on.Smile

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aish_punk

Lalitha - i have read Twilight from ur list and even Anne of the Green Gables..really liked that book..

Did you read the rest of the AoGG series? There's 8 books in total and they're superb!Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punk

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aishwaria

I have just read Harry Potter and Twilight from your list Lalitha and share the same opinion. I love the harry potter series. I have read all four twilight books but dont like them. I tried to read Emma but could not read more than 2 chapters. I like Jodi Picoult's My Sister's keeper, A Thousand Splendid Suns and P.S. I Love You. Even 'Remember Me' by Sophie Kinsella was okay.

I only read Twilight and New Moon. I've yet to read Eclipse, but I don't know if I will any time soon.Embarrassed

Usually, I'm a big Jane Austen fan, as I've enjoyed Pride and Prejudice immensely and even Northanger Abbey, but Emma just didn't appeal to me. Did you read P&P? It's the ultimate love story!Day Dreaming

I really loved A Thousand Splendid Suns as well, as well as the Kite Runner. Both were very well written.Clap I haven't read My Sister's Keeper though.

aishwaria

IF-Dazzler

aishwaria

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:53am | IP Logged
No i have not read P&P, i really want to read it but i have got a huge pile of unread books at home so i have to finish them first.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aishwaria

No i have not read P&P, i really want to read it but i have got a huge pile of unread books at home so i have to finish them first.

Lol, I too have a huge pile, I understand.LOL Have you seen the BBC version of P&P movie? If not, you should really see it! It's four hours but totally worth the time and it does justice to the book!Big smile

cool_yv

IF-Dazzler

cool_yv

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Hey lalitha here's my take on your choice
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Hmm, my favorite books would be obviously the Harry Potter series, Anne of Green Gables series, Pride and Prejudice, The Forbidden Daughter, the Dowry Bride, and anything by Mary Higgins Clark!

hmmm....Yes i agree with all of your choice they all are good but what makes harry potter stand out in all books is that its just not another story book but it cherished selfless friendship,different form of love, joy of winning loosing, helping other, victory of good against evil, it makes you understand all substance in life with ease and expresses how being good helps you.Its awesome its take you back to the innocent world you dream of in your childhood days.

Anne of Green Gables series :sorry but not read heard much about it,

Pride and Prejudice is definitely one of my all time favourites.What make this book above all other is the sharpness in developing each character to perfection and so beautiful that at end of book you feel that you have spent years with them.Jane's book's biggest strength is dialogues all of them are so well written and contains all forms of speech with satires mostly used.The book so well explain the thin line between pride and vanity and how sometimes being prejudiced about someone can cost you so much.

My add ons:Ps i love you,Two states,anne Frank diary of young girl,Sherlock holmes,The gift,Emma

Lol, and I still pick up a good Nancy Drew book every once in awhile if I have nothing else to read.They used to be my favorite when I was younger!

yup i use to read them too but i prefered watching its movie because they were really good and i've got a huge crush on girl playing lead.Enid Blyton books were better for me.

I love reading fantasy, mystery, suspense,and romance novels and absolutely bored out of my wits by science fic novels.I also love reading Historical Novels if the time period of the novel is of interest to me. Anyone here read Neela? It's a kid's book but superb! And anyone read Water? It's sooooo sad but a really good read.

even I love reading fantasy, mystery, suspense,and romance novels and absolutely bored out of my wits by science fic novels
but my first preference would be love stories

Books I did not enjoy (and usually there's not many since I love books in general) are the DaVinci Code (don't know why, though all my friends love it), the Twilight series, Jane Austen's Emma, and the Catcher in the Rye (was there any point to that book?)

hmmm agree with other but why emma??
it was very good it had moments and was humorous to some points it even outdo pride and prejudice i think
Books I did not enjoy :Da vinci code, twilight series monk who sold his Ferrari, list is long

-Yash

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:27am | IP Logged

Lalitha - what! there are 8 books?..well i guess i've read only one..lol..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top