Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina clads in a dress painted by Salman!

Posted: 14 years ago
Katrina clads in a dress painted by Salman!
By Subhash K Jha, 14 October, 2009
Katrina clads in a dress painted by Salman!For the Couture week on Tuesday night, Katrina Kaif flew in from Bhopal for a day just to be part of the event and walked the ramp in a dress that Salman had hand-painted. The face on the fabric was of a saint. On her arrival in the morning, Salman showed her the black-and-white fabric painted with the saint's face. Katrina was completely dazed.

Salman has never painted a dress for anyone before. Trying to contain her excitement hours before the event, Katrina said, "Within hours in the morning, Shane and Falguni Peacock took my measurements and stitched the dress for me. It's got an amazing feel, flow and look. Almost surreal. I feel different wearing it. I can hardly wait to walk the ramp in it."

Fashion correspondent Mitali Parekh reports

Salman Khan's show was a show of power as he got almost every A-list male star to walk the ramp. Saif Ali Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Sohail Khan, Govinda, Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar and Aamir Khan all walked. The only female star walking was Katrina Kaif.

Seen in the first row were Preity Zinta, Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Malaika Arora Khan, choreographer Farah Khan, Amisha Patel, Seema Khan, Manish Malhotra, Amrita Arora, Twinkle Khanna and Salman's mothers Salma and Helen. Sushmita Sen was also seen, though not in the first row.

Aamir Khan's wife Kiran Rao was spotted before the show started but was not seen in the front row with the stars and star wives.

The clothes were designed by eight designers, Gavin Miguel, Shane and Falguni Peacock, Rocky S and Rohit Gandhi among them. The show was styled by Aki Narula. The gowns were designed from prints of Salman's paintings. Katrina's gown was by Falguni and Shane Peacock. Each gown had one painting. There were about 9-10 gowns including Katrina's. The transfer of the painting onto the fabric and the stitching was all done in three days.

Overall, the show was rather stiff and macabre. It began with children playing on stage. Some of them lay on the ramp while the other kids drew their body's outline with a sketch pen. Then they retreated to the back of the stage where the kids played on the wooden grid. Towards the end of the show, the kids joined the stars on the stage. Again, all the kids lay on the ramp while now the stars drew the outline of their body with a pen as if they were homicide victims.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thanks.   oh yes i noticed that. she was wearing that being human picture on her dress. even aamir was wearing it. but kat's dress looked better.
PCRocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ya i like Kat's dress better she was looking stunning
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Crystal,I told you yesterday only that it's Salman's painting.😊

I can spot Sal's painting froma distance.He he his own unique style.
^Yeah Rhea u told me that and its really awesome that u can spot that :)
starchase thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanxs crystal. she was lookin gorgeous on the ramp :)
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah Crystal dear Katrina's Dress is awesome and she looks beautiful and the colour is great too !! TFS the picture !!
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Crystal-

^Yeah Rhea u told me that and its really awesome that u can spot that :)

You see his paintings they have some similarity.That's how one can make out if it's Salman's or no.😊
This content was originally posted by: rhea_6

You see his paintings they have some similarity.That's how one can make out if it's Salman's or no.😊

I know i have seen some of hes paintings and he paints such faces so i thought maybe to but i was not sure lol he is a awesome painter and so is Katrina!
You welcome Sneh and yes the colors are great !