VideoMix

DOTW l Vidding: Underappreciated ? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

howzzat

IF-Sizzlerz

howzzat

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
I have to agree .. VM making is easier I feel! Coz i cannot make signatures at all.. VMs are something I can do best if I have the right songs, scenes and mood!! If everything is perfect then all falls into place eventually.. and I dont think VMs are underappreciated not especially on I-F because if it was then this forum wouldnt have had so many hits rite?Approve

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW l Vidding: Underappreciated ? (Page 2)" in VideoMix forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Raee_Salvatore

IF-Sizzlerz

Raee_Salvatore

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Well i make siggys and i am very new into this Videomixing but i can definately tell tht its a vry difficult task as its need lot of patience one hav to choose the rite song then the rite scenes to go wid it also proper sync is necessary otherwise it wont luk gud.we can actually create an entirely new story through videomixing .....and it gives lot of freedom to ones imaginative mind.i agree its tym consuming but wen u get ur desired output u feel so contended.:D

as for it being underappreciated i think its mainly because very few sites allow one to upload mixes, also there is a lot of copyright issues!!

I prsonally feel tht both siggymaking and vidding shud be appreciated equally . glad tht IF is finally giving VM makers a platform to showcase their creativty.Cheers for tht:)

Luv Raee<3

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Nadz_YuNalover

IF-Addictz

Nadz_YuNalover

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
hey lovely discussion... I make both siggies and VMs so one thing i can tell is that VM making is much harder then siggy making, it takes me 2-3 days sumtimes even tho i dnt make much of effects Vm's i like it simple and still it takes me ages to make it then recheck it etc... choosing the scenes, syncing with the songs its hell much harder then siggy making! but its reli njoyable and if u like the song it becomes easier coz u have to listen to it again and again lolzzz but its an art wich is beautiful and i learnt of bettering it in IF so i luv IF for that!

Lovely discussion!

Nadz

Raee_Salvatore

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Neetz-

Now, for me, the obvious question is that why is it that people think that vidding is a skill that any layman can master ? That all one needs is a computer with WMM installed on it to be called a 'vidder' or 'VM maker' ? Why is vidding underappreciated when sites like YouTube are full of extremely talented and imaginative vidders ? Afterall, once can create a whole new story, a tale, a chronicle with a software as simple as WMM.

I don't feel that vidding itself is underappreciated at all.. its just like the fact that only a jeweler can tell you the real worth of a jewel...

I use to think I was awesome when I first started out, and I did get alot of appreciation for my work and especially for my editing.. then you go on youtube and you'll see that you're not alone in this sea and there are thousands of soo many vid makers better than you..you cannot help but just want to learn some new tricks of the trade to put on a better show... For some it is a hobby..just putting a long scene w/ a background song..and for others its a passion... putting 10 scenes and editing it into something no one else would've imagined... I go for the latter

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mukherjeebabeRaee_SalvatorePerfangel5655

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 20 October 2009 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Rajveer-

I have to agree .. VM making is easier I feel! Coz i cannot make signatures at all.. VMs are something I can do best if I have the right songs, scenes and mood!! If everything is perfect then all falls into place eventually.. and I dont think VMs are underappreciated not especially on I-F because if it was then this forum wouldnt have had so many hits rite?Approve

Well VM making would obviously seem easier if you compare a vid made in WMM and a sig made in Photoshop. The right comparison would be a sig made in MS Paint and a VM made in WMM, right ? As far as I'm concerned, making a sig in Paint wouldn't be so hard. BUT if you compare a sig made in PS and a VM made in Sony Vegas/Adobe premiere, then my friend, only the right songs, right scenes and the right mood is not enough Wink

howzzat

Rafa.LunaPotter

IF-Sizzlerz

Rafa.LunaPotter

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 21 October 2009 at 6:15am | IP Logged

To start with,.....superb topic Neeta di...:)

I do make VM''s...but All I caan say is that its one of the hardest stuff ever....i mean every VM maker wants his or her VM to e the best,.....atleast thts how it is when I make them....it requires huge patience and a skill in making them....that way saying, I am still an amatuer.....coz I have like a huge way to go....!

Siggies...I have tried to make them....its also equally hard...but I never gotta do them properly...so *sighing*...I decided that maybe they werent for me!

Thanks to u and other people in IF who hold the high esteem that VM making requires.....
Love
Aranya

U-No-Poo

-ialwayswill-

IF-Sizzlerz

-ialwayswill-

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 1:36am | IP Logged
hey neetz ....i am new to this section but abviously not to vm making
yes i absolutely agree with ur topic...that vidders r underappreciated
ppll think viddin is jus put a few scnes with a song just like that
but it rellisnt the truth
u need a lot of pateince....
u need the right scenes for the lyrics
u need to bring out the feeling of the songs...emote the rite expressions
vidders have a gr8 responsibility on them to bring these out
but alas its relli sad ppl dont even take time to see thewhole vm n comment
its jsut like ppl see a vm posted n move away...i dont like that
personally i watch every vm possible n on which i have always commented n given my opinions....
and i seriously think ppl shud atleast appreciate the efforts of a vidder for spending soo mcuh time n makinga beautiful vm

I just wanna say VM makers rock....they doa wonderful job
but i dont say siggy maker r not gud
they r gud as well !
but the thing is that siggy maker do get appreciated for gud while there r very lil vm makers who get their due appreciation !
no offence any1
greeat DOTW neetz
vaishu :)

U-No-Poo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top