Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Mother Teresa was an true Indian!

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 6:43am | IP Logged

India rejects Albanian claim on Mother Teresa

New Delhi: Welcoming the Indian government's statement that Mother Teresa was an Indian citizen, the Catholic Bishops Conference of India (CBCI) Tuesday said the church would want her remains to be in the country.Rejecting the Albanian government's demand for the remains of Mother Teresa, an external affairs ministry official told IANS that Mother Teresa was an Indian citizen and there was no question of returning her remains.

"The Catholic church gladly welcomes the response of the external affairs ministry that Mother Teresa was fully an Indian citizen. We would want her remains to be in India," said CBCI spokesman Rev Babu Joseph.

The church said: "Mother Teresa had all through her life and activities built up a strong bond with all sections of Indian society and she is respected by all in the country. And this was the filial relationship between the Mother and Indians, which cannot be overlooked."

Albania is Mother Teresa's country of origin. Albanian Prime Minister Sali Berisha has asked New Delhi for her remains to be returned to Albania by the 100th anniversary of her birth in August 2010.

The church had said earlier that the government should consult it and the Missionaries of Charity before taking a decision on Albania's request for Mother Teresa's remains.

Mother Teresa, who was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 2003, is buried at the courtyard of the Missionaries of Charity headquarters in Kolkata. She died in 1997.

-------------
She was a living saint during her days and as all of us knew that ....Personly I got chance to meet her and received her blessing from her hands when am in School 1994Smile.....thats one of the gr8 thing happen in my life.......am not a believer of her religion but I love her worksSmile...Mother had adopted India as her home and India had adopted her as the leader of the poor......I believe she is a True Indian....Smile

Is Indian Govt step is right or wrong? Smile

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Well if her body has been cremated then the ashes can be shared.  But yes she is more Indian then many of us.
Generally such a high soul belongs to the whole world.
You are lucky to be blessed by her.
_DrEaM_ IF-Rockerz
_DrEaM_
_DrEaM_

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 7:27am | IP Logged
^ you are very lucky to have met her believe ji. She is a great historical figure yet for every indian she is a pride of their motherland....she is the true leader....no words can really help to praise her as she is bigger than words ...

I think her remaining should be within our motherland...
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 7:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _DrEaM_

^ you are very lucky to have met her believe ji. She is a great historical figure yet for every indian she is a pride of their motherland....she is the true leader....no words can really help to praise her as she is bigger than words ...

I think her remaining should be within our motherland...

Yes....She is a historical figure.....she visited on 1994 jan 14th @ St.Joseph High school, Calicut to inagurate new building or smthing.......that time am 2nd school leader, so I given a welcome speech to her and other honorable members sitting on stage....then After I touched her feet...she touch my head n kissed....@ my home still have that black n white snapSmile
_DrEaM_ IF-Rockerz
_DrEaM_
_DrEaM_

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 8:47am | IP Logged
^ nice memory you have...with her blessing your life would be beautiful for sure Smile
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 9:35am | IP Logged
God Bless her soul.

Hands that help are greater than hands that pray.
jettythegod IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 10:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 13 October 2009 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Here's the deal. Mother Teresa was at heart more Indian than many others born Indians themselves. She dedicated her lifetime to the service of Calcutta's impoverished people. India can proudly call her a citizen.

However, Albania is a small Baltic country mired by war and despairity. Its a country struggling to get a foothold in the world after all its been through. Its something extraordinarily huge for a small country like that to claim that a great Saint like Mother Teresa was born. It will be an inspiration to young Albanians to know someone so noble was born of their soil.

India has many heroes. I think we can be gracious and share one with Albania.

Go to top