Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

vidya0906

Cool Viewbie

vidya0906

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 5:38am | IP Logged

Hi friends, i just came across this interview of Mrunmayi, (our very own Janki) in marathi movie world.  have a look.

Interview by Ulhas Shirke MMW

Her talent has already been noticed in Star Pravah's popular serial 'Agnihotra'. However, being in the company of multi-star cast, she has limited scope to prove her worth. But, with the beginning of 'kunku' on Zee Marathi at prime time, Mrunmayi Deshpande has suddenly caught the attention of viewers. In 'Kunku'

Mrummayi plays the central character of Janaki and with the progress of every episode, she is adding more and more admirers to her rising list of fans. Not many are aware of her debut in Hindi film 'Humne Jeena Seekh Liya' which was released in the beginning of 2008. In this film she played the lead opposite Siddharth Chaphekar, also a newcomer. The film was based on the popular novel 'Shaala' written by Milind Bokil and was directed by Milind Ukey, (assistant director to Sanjay Leela Bhansali).

Today, Mrumayee is considered to be the most promising young star on TV, for her simplicity and theatre background. Her spontaneity at a given situation and her sharp looks with communicative eyes has made her stand apart. Having been brought up in Pune and studied from S.P. College, the cultural hub of Pune, the stage was already set for her entry into the field of acting. With timely support from family members, Mrunmayi could progress further. In fact, her mother-Pratibha and grandparents- Kala and Arvind Kane with their theatre background motivated her a lot in this field.
Mrunmayi speaks to MMW, about her past days and her present career. Excerpts from an interview:

Kunku hspace5

Q: Acting seems to be in your family. How did you make a beginning?
A : I started performing on stage since I was in 7th standard, while studying in Renuka Swaroop High school, Pune. Those days, I also paid attention on singing and kathak. But, when I joined the cultural group at my S.P. College, I got complete exposure to theatre. It was hard work, as during competitions we hardly slept for 2 -3 hours. The success of 'Popti Choukat' and 'Conditions Apply' boosted my self confidence. 'Conditions Apply' was the play we performed for the Firodia Cup, at the Inter collegiate competition hosted by Sakaal group. It was more challenging, because I was also directing this play.
Q: How was your selection done for the film ' Humne Jeena Seekh Liya' ?
A: Mr. Milind Ukey and his group from Nagpur were in search of few boys and girls who would fit in as 9th standard students and I fitted into their requirement to play the lead role opposite another newcomer Siddharth Chaphekar.

Q: And, how was your entry into Marathi TV serials ?
A: Mr. Shrirang Godbole selected me for the role of Sai in 'Agnihotra' while Producer Sangita Rakesh Sarang had invited me to Mumbai for the audition of 'Kunku' and based on that test , I was offered the role of Janaki.

Q: How do you compare these two roles? Which one is more challenging ?
A: I observe a lot of contrast while playing these two roles. In fact, I have to mentally prepare myself before going on the sets of each one of them, as Janaki has a village background, while Sai is from the city side, with modern thinking. But, both the roles are equally challenging. I cannot really distinguish between the two.

Q: What's your experience while working with senior artistes in both these serials ?
A: It has been a great experience working with all of them. Mr. Mohan Joshi, Ms. Suhas Joshi and others are all big names, but they are very co-operative. We behave like a family. Now, while in Mumbai, I am staying with Ms. Suhas Joshi, who is playing my Grandmother in Agnihotra. So, you can imagine the closeness between us. She is very kind hearted and I am grateful to her.

Q: How are you managing your studies, while pursuing your acting career ?
A: I have completed my B.Com and presently doing my M.com part II, but due to busy shooting schedule and commitments, I was not able to appear for exams this time. May be in due course of time I will be able to complete my post graduation.

Q: It means that you will not take up acting as a full time career ?
A: I have already chosen acting as my career, but I am equally serious about completing my M.Com. May be, I will take up CA examination too. You need to be prepared with your education to face any eventuality in life.

Q: Any other projects in the pipeline ?
A: I haven't committed to any offers yet . But, I have completed Sumitra Bhave's film 'Ek Cup Cha' which is into post production and will be released soon.

Edited by vidya0906 - 12 October 2009 at 10:35am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ashk41

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mrunmayi's (Janki) interview !!!!!!" in Zee Marathi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Thx Vids...its such a sweet interview of her..she rightly says..Kunku brought her more in light....and she is just fab....

She shares  an awesome chemistry with Suhas Joshi...and it can be seen...more so in Kunku

nehavarun

IF-Dazzler

nehavarun

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 7:40am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Vidya for this interview. What is MMW? a website?

Edited by nehavarun - 11 October 2009 at 7:41am

krishara

Goldie

krishara

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 7:27am | IP Logged
a vidya,he update sudha khup chaan ahe ha....Smile
a seriously yaar,u really start to write something...i mean it...

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:01am | IP Logged
hey fakta article aahe bagu...LOL

krishara

Goldie

krishara

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:35am | IP Logged
hehehe...resham.aga mi pahilach nahi,vidya cha post pahila ti tine lihilay asach vatata mala......pan tarihi tula asa vatat nahi ka apalya vidya ne kahitari lihayala pahije....

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:42am | IP Logged
lihayla tar hava bagu..LOL

vidya0906

Cool Viewbie

vidya0906

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:55am | IP Logged
hey bagu kaay ga tu pan, but anyways thanks for your complimentsWinkLOL.  

and neha, MMW is a website by the name of marathi movie world.   http://www.marathimovieworld.com/    this is the site.  chk it out.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top