Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avadvani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
another point - if he had got on the show and stayed on due to public sympathy and voting and another more deserving candidate was eliminated - people would be equally upset about it -

then the arguement would be why did the take such a candidate - sometimes decisions that are difficult have to be taken that may not be popular but best for the show as a whole...
bsingapury thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

avadvani

that's what i was trying to say........this is competition and there are many things they have to keep in mind and that's why i am telling hald the things they show is for sensation.............and may be scripted......

and it is organiser's fault that before audition they should put this as condition that all contestant must be physicaly fit and complete man and woman......
Sanayaa thumbnail
Guys can u plzz tell me about dat he/she (diddnt kno wat to say ) guy whom Arshad insulted was he from Chandigarh or North India? i didnt see d episode but I just wanted to kno Plz if u guys can help  me
Barbie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
i hate da way Arshad was, i mean u can say da same stuff in another way to ppl😡 y da hell hurt em??😡😡
i wish i was there, kasam se i wud ave slapped him once, an honestly i dozn care wot ppl wud fink bout me😡
on da other side doz we ave shamak dawar, hez such a sweet person🤗
xaneroyxx thumbnail
I think the point is not whether the dancer should have been allowed to go through in the competition but its about the way Arshad vocalized his opinion. Its one thing to say something like I admire your talent and strength and encourage you to keep pursuing it..its just that this show would not be the right platform for that..and its a TOTALLY different thing to tell him you are different, you are incapable, and a the whole bunch of demoralizing, humiliating crap that Arshad kept blabbering. He totally lost my respect with what he said. I could not believe how he kept digging into the poor guy's self esteem that dancer actually had to tell him I am not different and I can do anything. So respect to him. I wonder how Arshad would feel if he was in the dancer's position.

Any show targetting Youth should encourage tolerance and differences and not marginalize anyone.
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: xaneroyxx

I think the point is not whether the dancer should have been allowed to go through in the competition but its about the way Arshad vocalized his opinion. Its one thing to say something like I admire your talent and strength and encourage you to keep pursuing it..its just that this show would not be the right platform for that..and its a TOTALLY different thing to tell him you are different, you are incapable, and a the whole bunch of demoralizing, humiliating crap that Arshad kept blabbering. He totally lost my respect with what he said. I could not believe how he kept digging into the poor guy's self esteem that dancer actually had to tell him I am not different and I can do anything. So respect to him. I wonder how Arshad would feel if he was in the dancer's position.

Any show targetting Youth should encourage tolerance and differences and not marginalize anyone.

yea your right.
the way he said it was too blunt and mean.
or at least it sounded mean...maybe it sounded okay to him
but to us viewers it came off strongly as rude.
If he didnt want the guy to be selected, then he could have just said, "No from me"
BUT if he said that, it still would have been rude na? & if they asked him why, he'd have to explain

i dont think there was any way he could have said it that would not have been rude...people would still ask WHY. Why dont you select him...
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: avadvani

Completely agree with everything!
And Arshad could have said exactly that ^^ (bold)
maybe it wouldnt have sounded rude....his point was good
but the way he said it sounded really mean

d.y. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bsingapury

avadvani

that's what i was trying to say........this is competition and there are many things they have to keep in mind and that's why i am telling hald the things they show is for sensation.............and may be scripted......

and it is organiser's fault that before audition they should put this as condition that all contestant must be physicaly fit and complete man and woman......

@ pink  arshad is reallly disguting man if he is saying all wat he said for creating a sensation i mean i dont blame the producers they r doing this for trp but y must arshad say all this if they asked him to say all this he cud have refused

@ green see this show is about dance and it is not necessary that only a complete man or a woman can only be a dancer this is not rakhi ka swamvar or perfect bride where only a complete male or female can go
d.y. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: babyyygirl

i hate da way Arshad was, i mean u can say da same stuff in another way to ppl😡 y da hell hurt em??😡😡

i wish i was there, kasam se i wud ave slapped him once, an honestly i dozn care wot ppl wud fink bout me😡
on da other side doz we ave shamak dawar, hez such a sweet person🤗

i agree wid u i too felt like slapping him hard after seeing him misbehave
Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ARSHAD shoud read this !!
At a  fundraising dinner for  a school that serves children with learning   disabilities, the father of one of the students  delivered a speech that  would never be forgotten  by all who attended. After extolling the school   and  its

dedicated staff, he offered a  question:

'When not interfered  with  by outside influences, everything nature does, is done  with   perfection.

Yet my son, Shay, cannot learn  things as other children do.  He cannot understand  things as other children  do.

Where  is the natural order  of things in my  son?'

The  audience was stilled by  the  query.

The father continued. 'I believe   that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and  physically disabled  comes into the world, an  opportunity to realize true human nature presents   itself, and it comes in the way other people treat  that child.'

Then he  told the following  story:

Shay and I had walked past a park  where  some boys Shay knew were playing baseball.  Shay asked, 'Do you think  they'll let me play?' I  knew that most of the boys would not want someone   like Shay on their team, but as a  father  Ialso understood that if  my  son were allowed to play, it would give him a  much-needed sense of  belonging and some confidence  to be accepted by others in spite of his   handicaps.

I approached one of the boys on  the field and asked (not  expecting much) if Shay  could play. The boy looked around for guidance and   said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in  the eighth inning. I  guess he can be on our team  and we'll try to put him in to bat in the  ninth  inning.'

Shay struggled over to the team's  bench and, with a  broad smile, put on a team  shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye  and  warmth in my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being   accepted.

In the bottom of the eighth  inning, Shay's team scored a few  runs but was  still behind by  three.

In the top of the ninth inning,   Shay put on a glove and played in the right field.  Even though no hits  came his way, he was obviously  ecstatic just to be in the game and on the  field,  grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the  stands.

In  the bottom of the ninth  inning, Shay's team scored  again.

Now, with two  outs and the  bases loaded, the potential winning run was on base and  Shay  was scheduled to be next at  bat.

At this juncture, do they let  Shay  bat and give away their chance to win the  game?

Surprisingly, Shay was   given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was all  but impossible because  Shay didn't even know how  to hold the bat properly, much less connect with   the  ball.

However, as Shay stepped up to  the

plate, the pitcher,   recognizing that the other team was putting  winning aside for this moment  in Shay's life,  moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay   could at least make  contact.

The first pitch came and Shay  swung  clumsily and  missed.

The pitcher again took a few  steps forward to toss  the ball softly towards  Shay.

As the pitch came in, Shay swung  at the  ball and hit a slow ground ball right back  to the  pitcher.

The game  would now be  over.

The pitcher picked up the soft  grounder and could  have easily thrown the ball to  the first  baseman.

Shay would have been  out  and that would have been the end of the  game.

Instead, the  pitcher threw  the ball right over the first baseman's head, out of  reach  of all team  mates.

Everyone from the stands and both  teams started  yelling, 'Shay, run to  first!

Run to  first!'

Never in his life had  Shay  ever run that far, but he made it to first  base.

He scampered down  the  baseline, wide-eyed and  startled.

Everyone yelled, 'Run to   second, run to second!'

Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards  second, gleaming and  struggling to make it to the  base.

B y the time Shay rounded towards second base, the right fielder had the ball.  The smallest guy on their team who now had his first chance to
be the hero for his team.

He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the  tag, but he understood  the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally   threw the ball high and far over the  third-baseman's  head.

Shay ran  toward third base  deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled the   bases toward  home.

All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all the Way Shay'

Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run to third!Shay, run to third!'

As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!'

Shay ran to home, stepped on the   plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the grand slam and won the game for his team

'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love and humanity into this world'.

Shay didn't make it to   another summer. He died that winter, having never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy and coming home and seeing his Mother tearfully   embrace her little hero of the day!