Harry Potter

J. K. Rowling working on something - but not HP. (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Haha guys... this topic is turning into a Twilight discussion :P Let's stick to the original topic :) By the way, I totally agree with Labib and Lalitha ;)

Lol, yeah.LOL 

So what do you guys think JRK is working on? Another fantasy novel possibly? Or is she done with fantasy?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "J. K. Rowling working on something - but not HP. (Page 3)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

griffy.fz

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
I think that JK Rowling did a disservice to herself by creating such an intricate fantasy world in Harry Potter. Any other attempt in fantasy would undoubtly be compared to Harry Potter, so I think that might be part of the reason that she might not wish to attempt another fantasy novel.

I hope though that she does stick with a book for all ages much like she did with the HP series. She has a talent to be loved by everyone young and old alike and she should continue in that vein. She inspired millions of children and teens and even adults to pick up a book and read in these times of many distractions (tv, computers, video games etc.), which in and of itself is a fantastic feat.

I think she should have a female protaginist in her next book, just to change things a little, but whatever her next book is I'm sure that it'll become a part of my book collection!

Just to stray off topic agin here though. Imagine this - The Twilight Series written by JK Rowling instead of Stephanie Meyer?  Ormaybe immagine a Vampire Series written by JK Rowling (with no resemblence to Twilight) Although, I really don't want to see that. Vampires have been written about so often now and there is so much hype that I think that its quickily becoming annoying!

I also want to say that I agree that teh Twilight story did have a great idea but needed more character development. I really liked the character of Carlise (i think that was his name/) and would have liked to know more about him.

Anyways - congrats to both Lalitha and Chhilt - you were able to survive reading more than one book in that series so I bow down to your patience!!! :)

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by chhilt

Haha guys... this topic is turning into a Twilight discussion :P Let's stick to the original topic :) By the way, I totally agree with Labib and Lalitha ;)

Wish we had a common room to discuss all forms of books, not just a particular one. Oh wait, we already have it, just that book-talk forum (which is aimed at discussing and comparing books in particular) is excessively inactive.

It's pretty active now... and anyway if we all become active there then it'll be cool :P

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 11:36am | IP Logged
whatever it is I'm buying it first day!! JKR is my ultimate idol...she simply rocks and I love her amazing writing style

0o.Leah.o0

IF-Rockerz

0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Wow !! Thats good news !!

-CaughtYou-

IF-Rockerz

-CaughtYou-

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
What ever it is, i want to read it, and fast !!! She is awesome !!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top