Harry Potter

J. K. Rowling working on something - but not HP. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

LOL... you guys should be proud of me... I've read the entire saga.. though I literally wanted to tear Breaking Dawn apart.... I think the movie was waaaaaaaay better than the book... at least the director was talented... :P

Lol, we are proud of you Chhiltsy-pie!Wink Great job!

Agree with you though...the movie made the "not so interesting" 'Saga' into a pretty good watch worth our time if we're looking for a few hours of entertainment.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "J. K. Rowling working on something - but not HP. (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Umm...I dont think stephenie meyer writes that bad..!!
I mean...alryt...her work is repetitive and kinda..unimaginable..but still..she gained instant stardom...why is that? she must be having sumthing in her...
But well..there is no one like JKR

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ammygurl

Umm...I dont think stephenie meyer writes that bad..!!
I mean...alryt...her work is repetitive and kinda..unimaginable..but still..she gained instant stardom...why is that? she must be having sumthing in her...
But well..there is no one like JKR

Not her.... she created Edward Cullen.Wink If Edward had been ugly, how many people would have fallen for Twilight?

But hey, welcome back to the forum Ananya.HugMissed you lots!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 5:36am | IP Logged
It's just that thing though..... some people like Twilight and some don't... it all comes down to personal preference... and you know what I find sad about Twilight? The story idea could have been so awesome if only a better author had considered writing it.... really, it could have been.... no offence to TwiHards :P

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 7:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shellyttchhilt..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

It's just that thing though..... some people like Twilight and some don't... it all comes down to personal preference... and you know what I find sad about Twilight? The story idea could have been so awesome if only a better author had considered writing it.... really, it could have been.... no offence to TwiHards :P

True, Twilight does have an interesting plot, and if more importance had been given to the action/adventure part of the story, as well as the evil characters being introduced way in the beginning instead of the end, it would have been a good read. I actually felt that she had a lot going with the James story, but she hurried it since she had already written so much in the beginning, and that's what got me ticked off. If she had written the action and romance side by side, it woudl have definitely been a page turner.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shellyttchhilt

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Meyer is a fantastic storyteller - no denying there. She is a bad writer, and that is where the problem lies. J. K. Rowling has both the qualities, with her talent in writing being better and more gifted than her talent in storytelling. Without reading the Harry Potter books, I do not think anyone, an adult at least, will be interested inthe series, and yet once people start skimming through the pages, they are hooked till the end. The story - the plot at least - is ordinary. It is her writing that turned this ordinary piece of writing into such an extraordinary one.

I am totally with Chillt - Twilight (granted that I'm not an expert in that saga) would have been much better, not only if it was written by someone better than her, but also if it was written by Meyer had she concentrated and given a little more time to the series. It seems as though she just jotted down each and every of her ideas in a hurry, without thinking how to shape them. Twilight reads like a fan fiction.

AgreeClap; Meyer should have taken more time organizing the story and giving her characters more personality. Her story did have the elements to become suspenseful and interesting, but she spent too much time on the romance and less on the action.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chhiltBeyond_the_Veil

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Haha guys... this topic is turning into a Twilight discussion :P Let's stick to the original topic :) By the way, I totally agree with Labib and Lalitha ;)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top