Debate Mansion

Obama deserves a Nobel Prize now!

Poll Question: Obama deserves a Nobel Prize ?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [16.67%]
15 [83.33%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Hi

Obama deserves a Nobel Prize now? whats your views and comments...

Smile

------------

My view: I was syprised and to some extent shoched about the proceedings at selecting Noble Prize .Can not agree more with Obama - he does not deserve this . So the fiction in the novel is not really fiction .There seems to be alot of politics and pressures and influences in deciding the nobel prizes .What the achievements have done is belittle the prize . Tomorrow who knows Sadam , Osama may be given the prize .It is a sad day in Nobel Foundation.
a famous author a nobel laureate it was said that 'by day he would be the boss to his personal assistant and by night he would be his wife'. the nobel foundation just like U N O is wife of united states of america. any takers.Smile

May be it seems to be a voluntary 100% Advance Payment for Mr. Barack Obama, for services they think he will do them in the coming years...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_Shade

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Obama deserves a Nobel Prize now!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 1:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Midnight_Shade

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 2:39am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilhindu4lyf

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 3:54am | IP Logged
i ve always maintained that awards R not the indicator of true worth of a person. Lot of factors other than talent determine awards . Awards do not always go to the most deserving.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 6:31am | IP Logged
The nominations closed when Obama was 2 weeks into the office as a preident. So it goes to highlighting the work he did prior to that

That was
He was a African American who worked hard to earn a Law degree from a prestiguous school, then worked as a community organizer, then a state senator, then got elected as the senator from Chicago. a year into it he gave a historical speech. He then spent 2 years running as a Candidate for the ofice of president promising the world. In the process his campaign declared the other half of America as Racist. Gave 3 speeches on world peace to the world

Clearly for the nobel committe all the above was more inspirational towads world peace than what M.K Gandhi did

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

toliangelic_devil

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 8:02am | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Only RTH deserves Nobel Peace Prize for enduring all you crazy people down each others throats on DM.

As much as I admire and respect Obama, I am shocked that he got the Nobel Peace prize. I can see where they are coming from, but I have a hard time digesting it. For the American people Obama winning the presidential election was a fairytale dream come true. It transgressed a number of unknown and unseen barriers in the United States and brought the American people together for a common cause. The previous administration crashed America's reputation into the ground - making us the one of the most hated nation in the world. For the first time in eight years the nation is being seen in a better light. All this is a big deal.

But still - he has done nothing. These changes that I described above are perceived. They are abstract and do not really mean much. I think for such a prestigious honor a person needs to do something really concrete in the light of peace. I have no doubts given his tenure Obama will do something significant for American and the world. But I vehemently disagree with this award being given prematurely and not when fully deserved.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tolihindu4lyfGoldenPanda.baz786AreYaar

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Only RTH deserves Nobel Peace Prize for enduring all you crazy people down each others throats on DM. ----Mahatma Gandhi and Me also not received any Nobel Prize how can you think about urself....WinkTongueya u and obama are same...talk/write too muchLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top