Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Gauri Khan and Suzanne Roshan

Nisha82 Senior Member
Nisha82
Nisha82

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
 When glamour went on a double date…

By IndiaFM News Bureau, January 27th, 2005 - 0930 hrs IST

Be it the big screen or boobtube, he is a maverick who pulls off the biggest casting coups in celeb history. Movie moghul Karan Johar turned television into a glamour garden on Friday nite when he got the hottest star couples in Bollywood to glitter on the plush sets of Koffee with Karan.

It's on the comfy couch of his chat show that the very elusive Gauri Khan and Suzanne Roshan, exquisitely styled in a yellow corset-trouser gave audiences a glimpse into their individual, intelligent and witty selves…

We pinch out some juicy excerpts from the interview where the women for once, took centrestage while the hubbies gallantly cheered, wooed and celebrated their wives…

Here's a sprinkle of stardust…

After the routine air-kiss (a must for hi-celeb life), Gauri nestles into the couch. Karan shoots his first question. 'Why is it that you make such rare public appearances?' She weighs the question and says, 'Well, its just that after I spoke whatever I had to, the interviews then got very repetitive. It was the same routine stuff that began to kill me. That's the reason I like to stay out of limelight," she reasons.

"Shahrukh was very possessive of me"

You and Shahrukh began seeing each other from early years. "Yeah. That's right" Gauri admits. "I was about 14 and he around 16 when we started going around" But there was a time when you guys had a minor fallout? Karan tweaks…"Yeah. It was just that he was very possessive of me. He would pop up everywhere I was. And that kind of got to me. I needed some time and space to myself. So I took off to Mumbai for a couple of days and there he was tracking me down at Aksa beach too!" she recollects.

What was it like with you Suzanne, how did Hrithik propose to you? Karan asks excitedly. "Well, we met at a coffee shop on a regular day out and when I was through my coffee, I felt something clunky at the bottom of the cup and reached out to it with a spoon. What I recover is a promise ring!" the gorgeous Roshan smiles.

"I pray to God that if Shahrukh were to find someone else, please find me a guy too…!"

'Does the fact that your husbands work with some extraordinarily beautiful women ever unnerve you? Gauri is quick to answer. "Know what, I have this little prayer that I do to God. That if Shahrukh were to find somebody else…please find me a guy too!" And the trio are in splits. While Karan and Suzanne are unable to contain their laughter, Gauri adds, "Really, I mean it. If he were to come up to me and say that he has found someone else, I would never ask him to come back to me, I am too proud for that" Gauri asserts.

"I am very attached to Hrithik"

And what about you Suzanne? Karan asks. "Well, its kind of crazy that I too have a little note to God. I pray that if Hrithik and I were to go separate for whatever reasons, I don't want to go on…I am way too attached to him to go on in life" she divulges.

"I didn't like Yaadein"

Is it true Gauri that you walked out of Shakti? "Yes. I point out some of his work that I don't like. But it's not like I am getting over critical. It's just that I want him to know that there are some loopholes that he needs to cover up." 'And what about you, the Suzanne I know isn't blatantly honest' Karan nudges. Suzanne answers, "Well yes. I like to see the bright side of every performance. But yes there are some films that I am not too fond of" And what would be… "Hmm…Yaadein maybe. I thought Hrithik wasn't consistent through the film"

Gauri is a Punju married to a Muslim while with Hrithik and Suzzane, it's vice-versa. How do they balance the cultural cross is what Karan wants to know. "Shahrukh respects my religion and the same goes with me. There is never any skirmish. But since Aryan is so much into Shahrukh, I am sure he identifies more as a Muslim" Gauri drives her point. "Hrithik too is pretty cool on the religion plank," Suzanne adds.

"When SRK called me to say that he thought I deserved the national award for Koi Mil Gaya, I felt I WON it"

Karan now gets at the cold vibes between SRK and Hrithik. Both the ladies own up to the fact there was an initial awkwardness between the two. "But that's a thing of the past, the two are pretty pally these days. Shahrukh is easing up to Hrithik now" Gauri clarifies. "Infact when Shahrukh called up Hrithik to say that he deserved the National award, Hrithik was jumping with joy and said, "Now that SRK called me up to say that he thought I deserved the award, I feel I have WON it!" recites Suzanne.

"Hrithik tells me about the women who hit on him"

What do they think of carrying of the role of superstar wife? Its tough isn't it? Karan enquires. "Most of the superstar wives are running away…" Gauri cracks. "Yes, it isn't all glamour being a superstar's wife." she adds. "With Hrithik, it's different. If he feels that an actress is even slightly hitting on him, he comes home and tells me and we laugh it over dinner." the fair skinned Roshan smiles.

This is where their hubbies join in…

And Karan shoots his first question to Khan. How would you like to sum 20 years of marriage? A dapper looking SRK in black suit reflects, "It's been a good life. She's been simply very nice. I would not like to say sum it up because there's much more to come"

"Gauri makes sense of me"

And what kind of mother would you rate Gauri is? "Curiously I never thought Gauri would make a great mom, but she surprised me all together. I think she is the kind of mother that a father like me with kids needs" the star humors and continues, "Gauri makes sense of me and everything around. She is simple, sensible and very middle class"

The dimpled star goes on to add, "She is also very intelligent in a unique manner. She talks less and observes a hell lot" Karan butts in, 'So Gauri remains the most stabilizing factor in your life… Shahrukh throws a glance at her and says, 'I think she is the only factor in my life!"

The spotlight now turns on the beefcake boy Hrithik…

"Suzanne and I were meant to be together. We are soulmates"

So how did it happen between the two of you? "Suzanne was my first crush as a child. Later when I was around 16, I had gone to attend a marriage, that's when I saw her again. I turned to my friend, Uday Chopra and told him, 'You see that girl there, I am going to marry her someday' And I hadn't even met her before that. But then we met through common friends and that's how we are here. I think we are soulmates. We were meant to be together" Hrithik gets mushy.

"The thought of being a parent scares me"

And how do you keep the romance alive in your marriage, Karan quizzes. Hrithik says, "We are still going through the phase or red roses and deserted island trips" he chuckles. "But someday I would like to be a parent, but the thought scares me. I have to outgrow the child in me first" he digs.

Shahrukh picks up the question next, "This is most popular question doing rounds. But when you spend close to 20 years of your life with the person, things like candle lit dinners are strangely not romantic anymore. To me, crossing each other across a room is very romantic. And the kids are proof enough for the wild, screaming romance that is on at Mannat!" The studio is up in laughter…

And Karan once again creates fairy tale romances just like his movies…

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

femmie

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
awwwwwww...so cute! thanks for sharing, Nisha!!  I find Gauri to look kind of like Pari from JJKN...they have a striking resemblance
*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
~Anji~ Goldie
~Anji~
~Anji~

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 10:34pm | IP Logged

thank 4 sharin

MR_WORLD Newbie
MR_WORLD
MR_WORLD

Posted: 29 January 2005 at 1:41am | IP Logged
THANK U 4 SHARINGSmile
_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 29 January 2005 at 3:46am | IP Logged

SRK KITNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PYAAAAAAAAAAAAAARA HAI...I LIKE HIM EVERN BETTER...HE'S DA BEST!

HRITHIK'S NICE TOOOO..BUT I WON'T PRAISE HIM..I HAVE TO BE LOLYAL TO MR. KHAN!

sanya_s Senior Member
sanya_s
sanya_s

Posted: 29 January 2005 at 4:00am | IP Logged

OK, S.t.u.p.i.d...I'll praise hrithik for you...hrithik, u are adorable..Wink

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 29 January 2005 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanya_s

OK, S.t.u.p.i.d...I'll praise hrithik for you...hrithik, u are adorable..Wink

thanxEmbarrassed

Go to top