Set accounts from the Shahid-Anushka starrer.. - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
I know Shahid has got to stay in that Kaminey Zone and pull of more these kinda punch worthy flicks.. there is a lot of competition out there with many star sons and others.. he has to be innovative to stay on top of the game.
RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sonima85

Yes, according to what I read, Pritam tried to compose the same Punjabi Bhangra stuff for this movie too, but he was sent back and asked to remove all traces of Punjab from his songs.

That was encouraging!!
DBH was a total washout for me except for ZOMG!Shahid! I'm so tired of the formulaicYRF movies. Hope this is something different.

Lol no not the punjabi bhangra music, but he couldnt catch the 90s retro feel in the songs. So they asked him to pull up his socks ahaha.

They turned down Pritam's punjabi tunes - that is encouraging. DO you now anything more about the film other than the fact that it is set in the 90s?
RiyaK09 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -bluemoon-

They turned down Pritam's punjabi tunes - that is encouraging. DO you now anything more about the film other than the fact that it is set in the 90s?

Its about 4 friends- Shahid, Anushka, Vir Das and Meiyang Chang. Shows the journey of their friendship, this article says that its about a man who lives in a poor neighborhood in the US, he becomes successful, moves out and realizes that he was better off in the poor neighborhood. For some reason the crew is being very secretive about this movie :x

Ok interesting. Why is the films being shot all over the world? Or did they shoot interiors in Bombay and Hyderabad?
RiyaK09 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -bluemoon-

Ok interesting. Why is the films being shot all over the world? Or did they shoot interiors in Bombay and Hyderabad?

I dont think they would go to Hyderabad to shoot the interiors, that can be done in Mumbai too. I'm pretty sure India is part of the story too.

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks! Interesting take on the shooting.
kuku95 thumbnail
Shahid shooting on the streets of Philly for yashraj films
http://bit.ly/2oQj3d

-anamika- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^Have already seen that video, but I guess they're trying to show Shahid depressed and poor? Ooh, yum. I love depressed Shahid. His eyes are so expressive when he's sad! 😍
kuku95 thumbnail
I wish the movie would be about the the lives of these 4 young people and how Shahid deceits the three to attain fame and success only to realize what he has lost friendship and love.

I am pretty sure  Yashraj is not making a very serious movie but on the other hand Shahid is looking to do different roles and this one will probably have grey shades. I think he probably plays the manipulative one of the four.

"Right hand man" or "Friends and Company" don't sound very exicting titles for the film.  I would prefer the movie to be named "Yaarana"  which has a subtle meaning to the theme of the movie (friendship/loyality) and the coming of the age of these 4 friends. As they attain the success, they realize that fame and money is not the only important aspect of life. Friendship and happiness also matter.

Lets hope Parmeet can pull of this one off as his debut film.