Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Such an operation shouldn't be done without the mother's consent. The mother had devoted nights after nights for these two children, thus taking such a drastic action without her consent is unethical, IMHO.

That said, I feel it is better to kill one than two.

If I were the mother, I'd want to die myself.

Yes for a mother it is very difficult.How can a mother choose between her kids.Well the doctor asked for the mother's consent but she straightly told that both children were in her womb for 9 months.They are like her two eyes.How can she kill one eye.She didn't want the operation to happen

It is the worst moment of a women's life😭.If I were the mother I would pray to god to take my life instead.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Such an operation shouldn't be done without the mother's consent. The mother had devoted nights after nights for these two children, thus taking such a drastic action without her consent is unethical, IMHO.

Sometimes the mother of the child may not be in an ideal position to make the decision. The mother being the person who gives birth is too emotionally attached, making her incapable to take a rational life or death decision in time of need. In this case it is challenging for her to make the right choice and she may delay the decision or make one she later regrets. In such a case it is not wrong of the father or someone close to her to step in and make a decision. This is why people make living wills or medical power of attorneys, because in times of physical pain and emotional distress, we are incapable of choosing for ourselves and need the guidance of a rational third party whom we can trust. She may blame the father now, it's a natural thing for humans to blame someone after loss. However, down the road she will be glad that he did what he did. For if he had not, she would have potentially lost both children and that would be an overbearing guilt to carry – the guilt of losing both children would be more devastating.

Oh that's really sad! Ummmm i guess mothers are more sensitive when it comes to their kids and ofcourse whoelse love their kids more than a mom....i feel that it's really diffcult for a mother to even see tears in her kids eyes it's actually painful but since the doctors had said they can save one then it was right,better hubby took a good desicion than to get emotional and not operate them,its better atleast they've one kid as of now regardin wife's consent yea he should have convinced her b4 but i don't think the lady is right to accuse her huby since it wasn't his fault being a mother i can understand her situation still i feel accusin would get her nothin:) Edited by mahikhan - 14 years ago

But still it would have got you nothin😳
_DrEaM_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This is a really sad case but here none of the parents are to be blamed. The father did what he thought was right although he did not think much but maybe it was a critical case and needed a speedy decision.

The mother is right too in the sense that they were inside her as a part of her for 9 months, choosing to kill on after such a long time of attachment .... it would be hard for anyone. It's just like asking her to cut out a part of her body...which pains a lot!...motherly love is one amazing thing, the mother loves her child so much that even before the birth and when the baby is in the womb the mother protects the child from any harm....i notice pregnant ladies would usually put a hand on their belly some say it's a way which make them feel secure that their child is their protected....which sounds so sweet indeed...

however it would have been better if the dad talk with the mum and make her mentally prepared or he could have had talked with her and compare the pros n cons of the matter.....either they lose one or both .... then the mother would have had felt better....

anyways i hope she recovers soon and stay happily with her surviving baby
P1nk thumbnail
Originally posted by: MRS BANI WALIA

Well recently a women gave birth to twin girls.The girls were not only twins but they were also attached    to each other.One of them was in very critical condition.The doctors told that  if we do not operate      and separate the two children the healthy baby will also become sick and may die.But there is a possibility that the sick baby will die after operation.After thinking for one day the father agreed to operate.He decides to sacrifice one baby for another.But the mother can not set up her mind.She can't see one  of her baby dying.Though she knows only can survive,she still can not think of sacrificing one baby for another.Eventually the operation happened without the mother's consent and the sick baby died.Now the mother is very deepressed and blames her husband.

What is your opinion?Is it right to sacrifice one baby for another.What would you do?

Some mothers out there cannot give birth at all, look on the bright side at least she has one baby where in most operating cases the surviving chances arereally  tiny, she could've lost both. She should be grateful. The other baby is In a much better place.
I think a woman earns the right to blame any and every damn thing on the father of her children - who, hopefully, is also her husband --- just because all she endured before, during and after child birth.  Even if the blame seems irrational, no one should question her right to blame that man😉
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

I think a woman earns the right to blame any and every damn thing on the father of her children - who, hopefully, is also her husband --- just because all she endured before, during and after child birth.  Even if the blame seems irrational, no one should question her right to blame that man😉

Yes I do not blame the poor mother, one of her child has just been put to death and I am sure she cannot take it lying down.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Sometimes some people are really sick.

Oct 8, 2009
Dad threw girl off bridge

MELBOURNE (Australia) - A MAN accused of throwing his 4-year-old daughter off of a Melbourne bridge has pleaded not guilty to her murder.

Arthur Phillip Freeman was ordered to stand trial on Thursday in the death of his daughter, Darcey, in January.

Prosecutors told the Melbourne Magistrates' Court that 36-year-old Freeman was driving his three children across the West Gate Bridge when he stopped, lifted Darcey out and allegedly tossed her from the bridge.

Darcey Freeman fell 190 feet (58 metres) into the Yarra River and later died in the hospital.

Prosecutor Gavin Silbert said the incident happened moments after Freeman phoned his ex-wife and told her she would never see their children again.

Freeman did not apply for bail. -- AP

_DrEaM_ thumbnail
^ insane....poor girl died without reason!!...i mean how can any parents affort to do so....