|~~The Perfect Heart~~| AR one shot

Posted: 14 years ago

The Perfect Heart

"Come on Ridhima, it's very late now. We need to go home!" Armaan said trying to pull Ridhima away from the crowd. She was dancing her heart out, not caring about anyone else.

"Armaan! Such a nice song is playing aur tum mujhe ghar lekar jaana chahte ho? Main nahi jaungi, tumhe jaane hai to chale jao. Bye!" She turned around away from him leaving him in a helpless state. He regretted allowing her to drink even two glasses of wine and now the effect was showing on her. Dressed in leggings and top which was tight around her bust and flew out from there, she was looking really cute. Her hair were short and danced around her face as she moved her body to the music..

All I Wanna Do Is Stay Right Here On The Floor
Get Lost In The Night And Dance Like There's No Tomorrow

The song and the ambience were getting the better of her. Although she was getting bored dancing alone she knew if she asked Armaan to dance with her he would only ask her to come with him. She danced for some more time alone until she was fed up of dancing alone and turned to Armaan who just stood there admiring her, already forgotten what he was convincing her of.

"Armaan, please dance with me na!" She folded her hands in front of him, pleading him to dance with her.

He smiled looking at the cute innocent baby in front of him. "For the last time, okay?" He just couldn't bring himself to refuse her.

I'm Lovin The Atmosphere
Feels Like I'm Floatin' In Heaven
The Music's All In My Ear
Takin' Over Me, My Heart's Racin'

The lyrics couldn't be better. She was on the top of the world today and was dancing her heart out, living the happiness and the feeling of being with him. When she was so tired of all the dancing that she had done in the evening she just flung her arms around Armaan and rested until she was able to get up.

"Ridhima, are you okay sweety?" Armaan asked patting her cheek, concerned.

Ridhima opened her eyes in a daze with all the effort she could put in. "I am alright Armaan," touching his cheek dreamily, "I love you!" With that she kept her head on his shoulder, the place where she belonged always. Her hands encircled his waist and she clung onto him like second skin. She started dancing slowly, even though it was a hippy number, she couldn't care less. Her thoughts wandered off to the day they confessed their love to each other, or rather Armaan did. And the next day too' The memory made her smile wider than ever.

~flashback~

"You really admire them, don't you?" Armaan glanced at the book in Ridhima's hands and couldn't help but chuckle. They were walking back to Ridhima's house in the evening. A slight breeze was blowing. It was about to rain. The cool was everywhere; it was a weather that the Dilliwalas wanted in the month of October after the nonstop heat. He had seen her read that play over and over again, god knows how many times. He wondered what she loved so much in it to read it again and again.

"What? This?" She signaled to the book in her hands as Armaan nodded. "Of course I love them! Why do you think I am reading it again?"

"You believe in making sacrifices for love?" Armaan asked out of nowhere, shocking Ridhima for an instant at the course of the conversation. "Do you really think Romeo and Juliet exist in real life?"

Ridhima gazed at the lost Armaan for some time. The somber expression on his face told her everything. She was quite used to Armaan talking about things seriously in the middle of a carefree conversation and she loved this part of him. "Love is nothing without sacrifices Armaan. If you can't sacrifice anything for the person whom you love, your love for the person is itself doubtful. I don't think its love at all! Love is all about sacrifices and finding the smallest of the smallest happiness amidst it." Ridhima gave an honest reply. "And if love really exists, then Romeo and Juliet also exist'" She smiled as she the last words.

"How do you want your love story to be?" Armaan stopped in mid track and turned to look at Ridhima.

"I just want it to be a fulfilling love story. I don't know if that makes sense to you at all'"..she chuckled' "But I want it like that. I don't know if my love story will have a happy ending or not, but at the end I should feel like even if it hasn't ended as a happy one, at least it made me feel love, made me feel loved and wanted by a person. That's what I mean by fulfilling' fulfilling all my desires of loving and being loved'" They were almost at Ridhima's doorstep. Ridhima smiled as she articulated her feelings about love, and unknowingly about Armaan.

Armaan made her look at him as he turned her around. He entwined his fingers with hers. He did not know what he was doing; he never wanted to know what he was doing. He was just following his heart. He took one step ahead towards her. The effect was mutual. The breathing was erratic, heart beats constantly rising. Tension had engulfed them suddenly. Ridhima was lost in the moment, as was Armaan.

"Will you take this Roadside Romeo for your lover then?" Armaan said, rather whispered in her ear. He was not able to see her face. He closed his eyes, waiting for her reaction. Rain started pouring over them, drenching the two souls in love. He didn't get any reaction. He was partly confused. He expected her to say something, but she did not. He pulled back to see her face.

Her eyes were closed, still taking in what she had heard just now. Her mind was blank, without a trace of thought. Her heart had stopped beating; it could feel nothing but the person who stood close to her. His name escaped her quivering lips'

"Armaan'" was all she could say' it was her desire to have a man like him'and today she had her desire and her love fulfilled.

Armaan traced the edges of her face with his fingers. The rain made her seem beautiful than ever. Her eyes were still closed. His fingers were tracing her lips' she was shaking in the cold'

"I love you Ridhima'" he stared at her parted lips, quivering in want of some warmth. He captured her lips for a kiss and let his love warm them. It wasn't long, yet it was special, special for both of them. He broke the kiss and engulfed her into a hug. Cupid had taken over him. He had wanted to confess Ridhima about his feelings for her from a long while, but not like this' he just stood there in the middle of the road. Ridhima snuggled closer to him, she was mesmerized beyond doubt. It was like her dream come true'

On the other hand, Armaan was getting more and more confused at her behavior. She had not spoken a word for eternity' the silence was killing him. He parted from her and took in her beautiful face. Taking two steps back he wondered if had done the right thing. With a last look at her face, he went from there'

"I love you too Armaan'" Ridhima finally managed to whisper as she opened her eyes watching Armaan walk away'

Next Day'

Armaan rang the bell fiddling with his fingers. He had spent the entire night thinking of what to say to Ridhima. He had not heard the last words she spoke as he left her and took her silence for rejection. It was early morning, and it struck to him that she might not have even woken up' he heard some commotion and thanked his stars that his lazy bear Ridhima woke up. He lowered his face; he did not have the strength to look her in the eyes. The door clicked open and Ridhima gasped as she saw him well dressed and neat. She was still in her pajamas and looked kind of shabby next to him. Though according to Armaan, she looked very adorable'

"I know that what I did yesterday was not acceptable, I shouldn't have kissed you like that'I am sorry for what I did'I don't know what got over me'I can understand if you are still mad at me' you have every right to be so'I just want that'" He was silenced by her finger on his lips. She too one step towards him, determined to make him feel her love for him'she had let him go disappointed last night'she would make sure that this would be the happiest morning of their life.

"Won't you kiss your Juliet in pajamas?" Armaan was shocked as he heard her speak. The joy mounted inside to unimaginable heights' He looked up at Ridhima smiling down at him. She stepped down the stairs to be n level with him. Taking his face between her hands, she looked him in the eyes full of love. "I love you Armaan'I love you'" and then she kissed him with all that she had'As they broke out from the kiss, they were still looking at each other. Their foreheads and noses touched'Armaan lifted her in the air and their joyful laughter filled the air'

*~*~*~*~~flashback ends~*~*~*~*~*

Armaan smiled through her hair. She was his baby and he loved when she would innocently admit being in love with him, time and again, on the smallest of the occasions. After staying like that for a few minutes, he gently lifted up her head and said, "Now we will go home, okay?" Ridhima composed herself the very moment and saluted him.

"Yes Sir!" Arms in arms, they walked out of the club.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He opened the door for her, she smiled widely at him. "Ma'am, appka ghar agaya!"

"Thank you Armaan! Thank you so much for making this day so special for me, I love you darling!" Armaan was now in for a shock. He checked Ridhima's temperature and her pulse. Then he examined her eyes. Ridhima was surprised to see Armaan doing all that.

"Armaan! What are you doing? Aur tum kya koi doctor ho jo mujhe check kar rahe ho?" She said giggling at his weird behavior.

"Main doctor toh nahi hoon, lekin common symptoms ko main detect kar sakta hoon. Tum theek ho na?" He asked her holding by the shoulders. "Fever, head ache, cough?"

"Of course Armaan main theek hu? Mujhe kya hoga?" She asked frustrated.

"Nahi, tumne aaj mujhe 'darling' kaha na toh isiliye main darr gaya ki tumhara dimaag theek hai ki nahi." Armaan stifled a laugh while Ridhima was fuming.

"Agar mera dimaag kharaab hua hai na toh voh bhi sirf tumhari wajah se."

"Kyun, main itna cute hoon? Mujhe pata nahi tha." He said praising himself. "Vaise thanks for the appreciation."

"In your dreams Armaan!" She said mocking him. Her expressions took a 360 degree turn that moment. Voh toh aaj main thode romantic mood mein thi toh isiliye'" She looked down as she said this. And suddenly out of nowhwere, she continued. "Jiska tumne kachra kar diya. Huh!" She looked up at him to find him close to her. Their bodies were touching. She immediately fell silent. She forgot what she was talking about. All that she could remember was she and Armaan, alone. She was looking into his eyes. Both were lost in each other.

"I think I will go now." Ridhima broke out of the reverie, suddenly aware of their proximity. She headed towards the door of her house.

"Won't you invite me inside?" Ridhima turned around and smiled at him.

"Is that even a question to ask? Come on in!" Armaan followed her in.

As they entered, Armaan went up to Ridhima's bedroom and made sure that the windows and the doors to the balcony were open. Just as Ridhima came out of the kitchen, he hurried back to the living room.

"Tum kya karne gayye the waha?" Ridhima asked suspiciously.

"Main? Main kya karne gaya that?" He said without thinking. "Oh haan! I was searching for the washroom."

"Washroom waha thodi hai na? It is on the opposite side and you are not coming here for the first time."

"Me? Oh yes! I' I' ya, I forgot."

"Ab yaad aa gaya?"

"Yes'yes'now I remember it' Thanks Ridhima, you're such a sweetheart!" Ridhima shook her head at Armaan's  nonsense replies. She was sure something was fishy about the way he was behaving, but chose to stay quiet.

After some time, Armaan had gone away, or this what Ridhima thought. She was in for a surprise today and Armaan made sure that it would be the best one in her life. He smiled to himself remembering her cute face when she had cut the cake in the club. They were celebrating their first monthly anniversary. The same day, last month they had confessed to each other that they were in love with each other, it was the best day of their lives. Armaan had suggested a weekly anniversary but Ridhima had refused. She wanted the day to be special, something to be looked forward to and tonight, he was going to propose her.

He patiently waited outside her house and then looking for an appropriate moment, he would make his move. It was already 2 in the night. By now he was sure Ridhima would have gone to sleep. He wished that she hadn't closed the doors and windows to her balcony. He climbed up the pipe to her house and landed on the balcony. To his relief, she hadn't closed the door and the windows. As he entered inside he saw her sleeping peacefully, fully smiling and muttering something under her breath. He went closer to her too listen what she is saying.

"I love you Armaan' Armaan, I love you so much. Please never leave me'" He smiled at what he just heard.

"I will never leave you sweetheart!" He whispered under his breath. He took out the ring from his pocket. It was a beautiful ring made of silver with a big blue sapphire in the shape of a heart in the center and two small diamonds shaped like hearts on each side. He had chosen the ring on first sight and did not even look at the others. He was sure that Ridhima would like this. He sat beside Ridhima on her bed and took her hands in his. Then, leaning towards her, he patted her cheek gently and called out her name.

"Ridhima'wake up, it's me Armaan." Ridhima just stirred in her sleep. He then shook her gently and she finally opened her eyes. At first she thought she was dreaming and closed her eyes. Armaan slipped the ring onto her ring finger. As she felt a cold metal touching her skin, she opened her eyes with a start to see him smiling down at her. She immediately sat up in bed and before she could say anything, Armaan pulled her into a hug and whispered.

"I love you Ridhima. You mean the world to me. You are my happiness and I am nothing without you. Will you marry me?" He silently waited for her answer in that position. Meanwhile Ridhima looked at the beautiful ring in her hands. She touched the beautiful piece of jewelry in her hands and as Armaan had thought, she loved what she saw. She was shocked, surprised and happy, overwhelmed, loved and numerous other emotions were erupting inside her. She never though Armaan will propose her so soon. Her hands went around his back and she hugged him tightly.

"I love you Armaan and I will marry you!" She whispered into his ear and pulling back a bit, she kissed his cheek. Armaan was on cloud nine after hearing what she just said. He pulled back from the hug and looked at her with slight tears in his eyes. An ocean of love was there in both the pairs of eyes present in the room.

"Thank you Ridhima' thank you so much!" Armaan said looking back at her. "You gave me all the happiness in the world today."

"You did so much more than that for me Armaan." Not able to hold themselves any longer, they bent forward and kissed each other passionately. They were on a high today and it seemed that there was no end today, no end to the passion inside them. When they at last separated, their foreheads touching, they smiled content to be with their beloved. They were drained of all energy after the intense moment they just shared and hugged each other once again. Ridhima made space for him to lie down on the bed while she sat up. Armaan kept his head on her lap and his arms went around her waist. She sat there ruffling his hair while he drifted off to a deep sleep' the perfect heart staring at the two lovers'

(another image. :D i am so obsessed with this!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys, it's me Swati... I wrote this story for the summer love contest and now the idea was spinning in my head again and again. It's not exactly what I had written, it has some additions to it.

I have included some pictures to give it more feel..as it's my first try at one shots...It had to be special...

And some may be glaring at me for not having continued my FFs... well an update will be there by this weekend..I will try my best... I was just getting bored reading Animal Farm for my English Test day after...

This goes out specially for Steffi and Neeta (who won WOTW recently...)

I really hope you like this... Please do comment and press the Like button as well...

Swati ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by Enigma_Swati - 14 years ago
woah Swati  its really an awesome one mind blowingso cuteso romantic such a different way to propose  thanks for the pm

"Ye pal fir se laut ke na aayenge,
Unke Khyaal toh hume har pal satayenge,
Yaad bankar toh woh dil mein reh jayenge,
Aur phool bankar woh dil ko mehkayenge."

"Hoontho se nikle alfaz toh bahaar ban jate hai,
Palko se nikle nazar toh woh deedaar ban jate hai,
Saanso mein base toh woh khumaar ban jate hai,
Aur dil mein utar jaye toh woh pyaar ban jate hai."

"Life is 4 living, I Live 4 KASH.
Songs r 4 singing, I Sing 4 KASH.
Love is 4 caring, I Care 4 KASH.
Angels r 4 keeping, Can I keep KASH....?"

Nidha 
Edited by nidha1983 - 14 years ago
swati

it's awesome.....& mind blowing......๐Ÿ‘

prinnia๐Ÿ˜Š

Awesome as usual๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Wow im still lost in KaSh land๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ Its awesome gal๐Ÿ˜‰ btw still waiting for Back to basics๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† reli eager to read that๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by nadz_J - 14 years ago

hey....really nice ar shot loved it alot...

do write some more n continue ur fff i m wating fo rit...
love habs
Edited by princess52 - 14 years ago
hi

lovely one shot really...sweeet and ver romantic...and lovey dovey..

luv
kj
hi swati..

it was a gr8 romantic one shot..enjoyed reading it

do write more.. and update your FF also..

thanks for the pm..

loads of love...

Caramel....
hii swati!
we don't know each other..but i rily do know dat ur a talented writer on IF..!
this is the first time i am reading something written by u..
and i am truly mesmerised!
luved this romantic story!!
too gud yaar!
very nicely written..
AR are always adorable and u made dem more special by writing dis one shot!
loved the way riddhima described what love is..and its full of sacrifices..!
luved the way armaan confessed his luv for her..choo-romantic!!
and his surprise..to propose her..!
wow!! dat was awesomely fantastically fabulously written!!
lolzzz..i guess dats not even a word..but i couldn't stop my fingers to type it..this shows dat i am so very happy after reading dis...!
it brought a big smile on my face!
thnx for that..!
dis was ur first one shot?
it doesn't feel so..seriously..looks like ur a master in it!

-Sanjana
Reserved

*Edited*

This is for me, awww, This is so much like dreamland, i always imagined my coming up life to be such๐Ÿ˜ณ, Its so so so adorable !!  You have written it so beautifully, those marvelous lines reflect the love and adds up to all the sensations !! I think AR are totally everlasting !! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Great one shot Swatz, Love u ๐Ÿค—
Edited by Steff_DMG - 14 years ago
heyyyy swati !!!...

that was a beautiful one shot :) loved reading it...
armaan being mesmerised by riddhima and their cute dance... awww... they were adorable...
and then the flashback abt their confession.... that was really well penned...
and the proposal was soooo soooo choooo cute :D

loved it hun :)
wonderfully penned !!!
and thanks for the pm :)