Debate Mansion

Social Media Revolution

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Found this really interesting video on Youtube.

Another but more technical video - History of the Internet
A more fun one - History of YouTube

What implications does social media really have on the future? How has the internet changed our world? How has it changed the way we interact and communicate? Just imagine the digital revolution we have gone through, how far have we come - how far we will go.

Ah RTH lived in the times when we ran MS DOS machines and played Prince of Persia & Tetris. Windows 3.11 was a DOS application that took 20 minutes to load. We loaded it to play solitaire and minesweeper, and puzzled over that thingie called FoxPro. There were no pretty pictures and clicky thingies. I had to remember commands like DIR Mkdir Chk disk and such.

I lived in times when you people actually used text only browsers to surf the internet. There was no colors or pictures, but  a black and white interface that showed only text.  It was a time where the sound of a 56k modem buzzing was music to my ears - it meant I was going online. Downloading a song in a week was ecstasy. 

Oh we used to code the entire internets in notepad with HTML like <a href="default.htm" >. Java was coffee and flash was for cameras.I've lived to see the birth of forums from simple Html to PhpBB. Ah I lived in a time when Facebook was a private network. There were no applications and all these stalking devices. Just pure simple professional and educational networking.

Oh the history of the internets is a long long journey. Where did we come from, where will we go?

Edited by return_to_hades - 04 October 2009 at 11:49pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Social Media Revolution" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Technology is changing daily....cos of that daily we need to upgrade and update the new things daily....Confused I too learned foxpro ,cobol , but now fultime with Oracle 10g,11g ,Java ,.Net.....Computers make very fast , its gives us very accurate mistakes too...But its better than Idiot box
Smile
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue..... Wink

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Error reading keyboard. Press any key to continue. LOL

H0w m4ny p30pl3 h3r3 c4n sp34k l33t.?

joq chay' law' jatlh tlhIngan

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Believe

Error reading keyboard. Press any key to continue. LOL

H0w m4ny p30pl3 h3r3 c4n sp34k l33t.?

joq chay' law' jatlh tlhIngan
Yes mind reads like a computer and uses historical data and sounds to decipher.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top