Prank Calls - good fun or cheap thrills?

Posted: 14 years ago
Well I first heard of prank calls when my mom told me about her and her sisters calling a foolish relative and pretend to be a woman who is being killed ๐Ÿ˜† they pulled off the is ur refrigerator running prank too๐Ÿ˜†

anyway so:
1.Have you ever pulled off a prank call?
2.Have you ever been pranked?
3.If so, do you get angry or laugh it off?
4.Do you think it's fun or is  it a cheap joke which shouldn't be done

here is a funny one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr0gdl4c0v4

Love to hear from u!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

Well I first heard of prank calls when my mom told me about her and her sisters calling a foolish relative and pretend to be a woman who is being killed ๐Ÿ˜† they pulled off the is ur refrigerator running prank too๐Ÿ˜†

anyway so:

Yes. Many times. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes.

It depends on the way the day was for me and the nature of the prank call.

A little fun and games once in a while is necesscary for everyone to relax and kick back a little. A lot of times its just good humor. Although some people push it to far. When you start hurting people or call at inappropriate moments its not nice. There is a fine line between good fun and a cheap joke which is difficult to maintain.

One of my previous jobs with a phone company was IP-Relay which is internet based text to voice, voice to text services for deaf hard of hearing and speech disabled. I was the closing supervisor for a call center. Since the service is free and operators read everything verbatim with inflection and cannot disrupt the call - many teenagers use it to crank call. Often they will call their friend in the same room through the internet and have the most ridiculous conversations. Being teenagers you can guess that their conversations were about one thing and one thing only.

Most of the older day time folks got very offended by these prank calls. Many people hate it since its a taxpayer funded service. But for some light headed people like me its a relief from the boring mundane call center job.  Supervisors usually hate jumping on phones, but whenever there was overlap of shifts I would go on so that I can have some fun. There is nothing like a whole lot of straight faced phone ---.

Although some kids are very creative. I've had like nerdy WOW guild invasions planned. Some imprompty Star Trek dialougue. My favorite was when the internet person pretended to be a deaf gay boy and his friend pretended to be a pastor who was guiding him to salvation. They carried this convo for two hours and it was hilarious. Of course its taxpayer money being wasted on this shizzle, but I was ROTFL.

But sometimes teenagers carry jokes to far. There have been fake 911 calls. Pranks and jokes on people being raped/killed etc. Very distasteful stuff that I did not find funny at all. Moreover when some kids immaturely did this over and over again, they were depriving deaf people of the service.
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

One of my previous jobs with a phone company was IP-Relay which is internet based text to voice, voice to text services for deaf hard of hearing and speech disabled. I was the closing supervisor for a call center. Since the service is free and operators read everything verbatim with inflection and cannot disrupt the call - many teenagers use it to crank call. Often they will call their friend in the same room through the internet and have the most ridiculous conversations. Being teenagers you can guess that their conversations were about one thing and one thing only.

Most of the older day time folks got very offended by these prank calls. Many people hate it since its a taxpayer funded service. But for some light headed people like me its a relief from the boring mundane call center job.  Supervisors usually hate jumping on phones, but whenever there was overlap of shifts I would go on so that I can have some fun. There is nothing like a whole lot of straight faced phone ---.

Although some kids are very creative. I've had like nerdy WOW guild invasions planned. Some imprompty Star Trek dialougue. My favorite was when the internet person pretended to be a deaf gay boy and his friend pretended to be a pastor who was guiding him to salvation. They carried this convo for two hours and it was hilarious. Of course its taxpayer money being wasted on this shizzle, but I was ROTFL.

But sometimes teenagers carry jokes to far. There have been fake 911 calls. Pranks and jokes on people being raped/killed etc. Very distasteful stuff that I did not find funny at all. Moreover when some kids immaturely did this over and over again, they were depriving deaf people of the service.

I hope nobody plays WOW. I have heard bad stories about it. ๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by karandel_2008 - 14 years ago
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
once, it was about them not paying for there pizza,  turned out it was the guys bday party and turned out the name we used was the guys ex gf, who dumped him and went on holiday.
Yuh once
Laugh it off its only a bit of humour
It shouldnt be done all the time no, but at the end of it, its only a bit of fun.
Nah.  Never pulled off any prank calls while growing up.  But blank calls zaroor diye hain way back during my teenage years๐Ÿ˜†  What to do, he was so damn hot! Blank calls were the safest way to hear his voice.  And the bestest thing was --- we did not have any caller ids then๐Ÿ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Nah.  Never pulled off any prank calls while growing up.  But blank calls zaroor diye hain way back during my teenage years๐Ÿ˜†  What to do, he was so damn hot! Blank calls were the safest way to hear his voice.  And the bestest thing was --- we did not have any caller ids then๐Ÿ˜†

Oh man I remember the days of blank calls with no caller id.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Remember my friends voice mail:

"Hello ! Hello ! Hello ! sorry I cannot hear you. Can you please speak louder thanks. Please leave a message at the sound of the beep."
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

anyway so:

Ofcose๐Ÿ˜ƒ.....

But once I want to Inform a death news to my distance relative home...So dial their no...Inform the news, 'Mr.X is passed away'......laster ....I understand that the name of the person who died his real name is not 'X'..it something else.....Again I try to call their home...they I can hear only big noices....ladies crying noice...etc cos the X named person also living that home......uff....thats was terrible accident from my side...๐Ÿ˜•

But they dont know who called that time.....I still fear to visit that place....๐Ÿ˜†

Yes

Not realy.....

Just for fun its ok....otherwise dont try...

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago

anyway so:

Yes i used to dial wrong numbers and used to ask them call this person and my bad luck the person with same name used to live there uske baad na puchu.
Many times.
No i don't get angry as long as its nothin serious.
Well is is fun...but it shouldn't be done since many get serious.I've seen people takin these pranky calls seriously they endup hurtin themselves.

Love to hear from u!

Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Pranked some operator at the Talk To Frank thing, think me and my bro made her cry at the end ๐Ÿ˜‰