Debate Mansion

Prank Calls - good fun or cheap thrills?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prank Calls - good fun or cheap thrills?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Well I first heard of prank calls when my mom told me about her and her sisters calling a foolish relative and pretend to be a woman who is being killed LOL they pulled off the is ur refrigerator running prank tooLOL

anyway so:
1.Have you ever pulled off a prank call?

Yes. Many times. Smile

2.Have you ever been pranked?

Yes.

3.If so, do you get angry or laugh it off?

It depends on the way the day was for me and the nature of the prank call.

4.Do you think it's fun or is  it a cheap joke which shouldn't be done

A little fun and games once in a while is necesscary for everyone to relax and kick back a little. A lot of times its just good humor. Although some people push it to far. When you start hurting people or call at inappropriate moments its not nice. There is a fine line between good fun and a cheap joke which is difficult to maintain.

One of my previous jobs with a phone company was IP-Relay which is internet based text to voice, voice to text services for deaf hard of hearing and speech disabled. I was the closing supervisor for a call center. Since the service is free and operators read everything verbatim with inflection and cannot disrupt the call - many teenagers use it to crank call. Often they will call their friend in the same room through the internet and have the most ridiculous conversations. Being teenagers you can guess that their conversations were about one thing and one thing only.

Most of the older day time folks got very offended by these prank calls. Many people hate it since its a taxpayer funded service. But for some light headed people like me its a relief from the boring mundane call center job.  Supervisors usually hate jumping on phones, but whenever there was overlap of shifts I would go on so that I can have some fun. There is nothing like a whole lot of straight faced phone ---.

Although some kids are very creative. I've had like nerdy WOW guild invasions planned. Some imprompty Star Trek dialougue. My favorite was when the internet person pretended to be a deaf gay boy and his friend pretended to be a pastor who was guiding him to salvation. They carried this convo for two hours and it was hilarious. Of course its taxpayer money being wasted on this shizzle, but I was ROTFL.

But sometimes teenagers carry jokes to far. There have been fake 911 calls. Pranks and jokes on people being raped/killed etc. Very distasteful stuff that I did not find funny at all. Moreover when some kids immaturely did this over and over again, they were depriving deaf people of the service. Ouch

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Well I first heard of prank calls when my mom told me about her and her sisters calling a foolish relative and pretend to be a woman who is being killed LOL they pulled off the is ur refrigerator running prank tooLOL

anyway so:

only once or twice when I was very small. I called a girl's house on behalf of my friend and her mother picked up the phone. I had to discuss somethings about homework, classes etcTongue

never. I hope one day someone gives me a prank call Wink

Depends on what type of prank call it is.

When I used to watch simpsons then I liked where bart makes some prank calls to Moe.

"Bart: (with Lisa) Is Mister Freely there?
Moe: Who?
Bart: Freely, first initials I. P.
Moe: Hold on, I'll check. Uh, is I. P. Freely here? Hey everybody, I. P. Freely!
[the customers laugh] Wait a minute... Listen to me you lousy bum. When I get a hold of you, you're dead. I swear I'm gonna slice your heart in half."

One of my previous jobs with a phone company was IP-Relay which is internet based text to voice, voice to text services for deaf hard of hearing and speech disabled. I was the closing supervisor for a call center. Since the service is free and operators read everything verbatim with inflection and cannot disrupt the call - many teenagers use it to crank call. Often they will call their friend in the same room through the internet and have the most ridiculous conversations. Being teenagers you can guess that their conversations were about one thing and one thing only.

Most of the older day time folks got very offended by these prank calls. Many people hate it since its a taxpayer funded service. But for some light headed people like me its a relief from the boring mundane call center job.  Supervisors usually hate jumping on phones, but whenever there was overlap of shifts I would go on so that I can have some fun. There is nothing like a whole lot of straight faced phone ---.

Although some kids are very creative. I've had like nerdy WOW guild invasions planned. Some imprompty Star Trek dialougue. My favorite was when the internet person pretended to be a deaf gay boy and his friend pretended to be a pastor who was guiding him to salvation. They carried this convo for two hours and it was hilarious. Of course its taxpayer money being wasted on this shizzle, but I was ROTFL.

But sometimes teenagers carry jokes to far. There have been fake 911 calls. Pranks and jokes on people being raped/killed etc. Very distasteful stuff that I did not find funny at all. Moreover when some kids immaturely did this over and over again, they were depriving deaf people of the service. Ouch

I hope nobody plays WOW. I have heard bad stories about it. Tongue

Edited by karandel_2008 - 04 October 2009 at 3:33pm

Sujal_Fan_No1

Goldie

Sujal_Fan_No1

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
once, it was about them not paying for there pizza,  turned out it was the guys bday party and turned out the name we used was the guys ex gf, who dumped him and went on holiday.
Yuh once
Laugh it off its only a bit of humour
It shouldnt be done all the time no, but at the end of it, its only a bit of fun.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Nah.  Never pulled off any prank calls while growing up.  But blank calls zaroor diye hain way back during my teenage yearsLOL  What to do, he was so damn hot! Blank calls were the safest way to hear his voice.  And the bestest thing was --- we did not have any caller ids thenLOL

Oh man I remember the days of blank calls with no caller id.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 9:47pm | IP Logged

Remember my friends voice mail:

"Hello ! Hello ! Hello ! sorry I cannot hear you. Can you please speak louder thanks. Please leave a message at the sound of the beep."

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

anyway so:

OfcoseBig smile.....

But once I want to Inform a death news to my distance relative home...So dial their no...Inform the news, 'Mr.X is passed away'......laster ....I understand that the name of the person who died his real name is not 'X'..it something else.....Again I try to call their home...they I can hear only big noices....ladies crying noice...etcOuch cos the X named person also living that home...Ouch...uff....thats was terrible accident from my side...Confused

But they dont know who called that time.....I still fear to visit that place....LOL

Yes

Not realy.....

Just for fun its ok....otherwise dont try...

Edited by Believe - 05 October 2009 at 6:29am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top