Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

aditi...

aditi...

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 8:30pm | IP Logged

Hello All,

I'm not sure if any of you know me because I'm kinda new to this forum, but my name is Aditi =)  I'm not exactly new becuase I have stopped by to look at the wonderful book reviews, but I wasn't sure if any of you knew me! 

I'm also not sure how many of you read My Sister's Keeper or have even watched the movie as it just came out, but I thought we could just probably play a game where you could say which American actor/actress would best fit the role if the movie never came out.

I should probably tell you a little about the book.  The author is Jodi Picoult and is about a girl named Anna.  Here is the synopsis:

Synopsis

New York Times bestselling author Jodi Picoult is widely acclaimed for her keen insights into the hearts and minds of real people. Now she tells the emotionally riveting story of a family torn apart by conflicting needs and a passionate love that triumphs over human weakness.

Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate a life and a role that she has never challenged...until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves.

My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person. Is it morally correct to do whatever it takes to save a child's life, even if that means infringing upon the rights of another? Is it worth trying to discover who you really are, if that quest makes you like yourself less? Should you follow your own heart, or let others lead you? Once again, in My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult tackles a controversial real-life subject with grace, wisdom, and sensitivity.

Credit: bn.com
---------------------------------------

I have to say that this book is by far one of the best books I have ever read and I have great admiration for the author!

Here are the characters:

Anna Fitzgerald - the main character...

Kate Fitzgerald - Anna's sister...

Jesse Fitzgerald - Anna's brother...

Sara Fitzgerald - Anna's mother...

Brian Fitzgerald - Anna's father...

Campbell Alexander - Anna's attorney...

Julia Romano - Anna's Guardian ad Litem...

Sorry for those people who haven't read it, but I really suggest it.  I remember picking it up 2 years ago and putting it away after reading the first chapter, but when I found it the other day, I read it and loved it!  I personally haven't seen the movie but wanted your views on who you think would be best for the movie other than the characters who were already in the movie!

Thanks and can't wait to hear you!  Sorry if I wasn't clear. 

Aditi =)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My Sister's Keeper Book/Movie..." in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 1:31am | IP Logged
i haven't read this book...but i am gonna buy it for diwali..hopefully...!!

cool_yv

IF-Dazzler

cool_yv

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 7:38am | IP Logged
@^^^^^^^Seriously.....
Dont think am flattering you or such but what a coincidence i ordered it yesterday with p.S. I love you and two states and planned to read it in vacations

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
We read it a while ago as a group!

It's a brilliant book!  Just full of emotions and the story that draws you in.  I couldn't help but cry at various parts.  It just draws you in till you feel part of the story and these characters are more real to you.

I would recommend it to anyone who likes reading.

Haven't seen the movie so no comments there.

-Mahi

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
i loveeeee the book!
i've read a few of Jodi Picoults books and all of them are great :)

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

i loveeeee the book!
i've read a few of Jodi Picoults books and all of them are great :)

Yeah me too, Jodi Picoult's is a good writer, although I think My Sister's Keeper was her best!  Change of Heart was good but not that great.

-Mahi

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
^^ i just finished reading "Perfect Match"
all of her books are good and based on seemingly real life tragedies
i really like reading her books...havent gotten to reading all of them yet though LOL
omg im just a nerd haha

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
^^ You liked it?  I haven't read it yet.

I like Picoult's style too, I've yet to read all of her books though.

Don't worry, you're not alone.  I'm reading even while waiting for the previous class to end so I can go in the lecture hall. LOL

-Mahi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top