Sports/Cricket

Your Favorite All-Rounder in World Cricket?

Poll

Favorite All Rounder

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
starstrucK. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
We always hear, whose the best batsman? whose the best bowler? so lets try asking about all rounders.

Above, are a list of the current top all rounders in odi cricket (in no specific order though).

Choose one, and if possible, state why. 😛
Edited by starstrucK. - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darpan12... thumbnail
How about Mitchele Johnson? Daniel Vettori?

Anyways, I chose Jacque Kallis because he can bat and bowl in any type of condition. He will score you runs with the bat and get wickets with the bowl. He is ranked No.1 in All-Rounder list anyways and that is the main reason why.
Edited by darpan12... - 14 years ago
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
afridi,

he can really smash a ball and i love his spin bowling, so many variaions!
roshaaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i voted for Shoiab Malik ...... But i also like Shahid Afridi tooo
starstrucK. thumbnail
Originally posted by: darpan12...

How about Mitchele Johnson? Daniel Vettori?

Anyways, I chose Jacque Kallis because he can bat and bowl in any type of condition. He will score you runs with the bat and get wickets with the bowl. He is ranked No.1 in All-Rounder list anyways and that is the main reason why.

Kallis WAS no. 1, the lists have been updated, and are updated every now and then. Shakib Al Hassan is no 1 with all the above, 9 all rounders following him.

darpan12... thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstrucK.

Kallis WAS no. 1, the lists have been updated, and are updated every now and then. Shakib Al Hassan is no 1 with all the above, 9 all rounders following him.

Ohhh i see maybe i am not updated with the latest ranking. But rating doesn't always reflect the truth (as some people mentioned in one of the other thread). Sakib has been playing mostly at home with spinner friendly pitches so he is bound to get wickets. Moverover, his batting is miss and hit (mostly hit though). So for me i would rate Kallis as number, Flintoff, Jayasurya in top 3. :)

I really dont know how Collingwood got in there. He can only bowl in wicket which can seam around. Same with Yuvi and Malik, amazing in pitches with offers some spin but close to useless on falt deck.
starstrucK. thumbnail
Originally posted by: darpan12...

Ohhh i see maybe i am not updated with the latest ranking. But rating doesn't always reflect the truth (as some people mentioned in one of the other thread). Sakib has been playing mostly at home with spinner friendly pitches so he is bound to get wickets. Moverover, his batting is miss and hit (mostly hit though). So for me i would rate Kallis as number, Flintoff, Jayasurya in top 3. :)

I really dont know how Collingwood got in there. He can only bowl in wicket which can seam around. Same with Yuvi and Malik, amazing in pitches with offers some spin but close to useless on falt deck.

Of course they don't always reflect reality, but they do reflect something, don't they? If you want me to give you an example, then we can talk about India's short lived no. 1 position on the odi chart.  So, if I do go by your logic, then we both no how realistic India being no. 1 in odis was, eh? 😉

Collingwood has done well in recent times, so maybe that's why.

I find Shoaib Malik deserving to be up there especially after that 128 off 126 deliveries, against India. ðŸ˜› The guy has immense talent, especially in T20 and ODIs. I find him way better than any other all rounder we have. I rate it as Malik, Razzaq, then Afridi in terms good all round abilities inour team. Yuvraj, not much of a fan, find him hyped up at times, but no doubt about his hitting abilities and without him India's batting line up looks pale.

Flintoff = overrated
Jayasuriya = not like he once was
Kallis = Amazing, but not how he once was either.
darpan12... thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstrucK.

Of course they don't always reflect reality, but they do reflect something, don't they? If you want me to give you an example, then we can talk about India's short lived no. 1 position on the odi chart.  So, if I do go by your logic, then we both no how realistic India being no. 1 in odis was, eh? 😉

Collingwood has done well in recent times, so maybe that's why.

I find Shoaib Malik deserving to be up there especially after that 128 off 126 deliveries, against India. ðŸ˜› The guy has immense talent, especially in T20 and ODIs. I find him way better than any other all rounder we have. I rate it as Malik, Razzaq, then Afridi in terms good all round abilities inour team. Yuvraj, not much of a fan, find him hyped up at times, but no doubt about his hitting abilities and without him India's batting line up looks pale.

Flintoff = overrated
Jayasuriya = not like he once was
Kallis = Amazing, but not how he once was either.

Ha, yeah true India didn't deserve to be number especially after some of their recent performance but hey, why bring India into it? We are not talking about country, right?

If you go by one innings than i should say Daniel Vettori is the best all rounder. 😛 But hey it doesn't work like that, it is over a period of time, Sohaib Malik hasn't been consistent for me especially in bowling department. He has average of over 35+ and his batting is in mid 30's too. Jacque Kallis and Jayasurya have been consistently doing that for long period of year with better average both in

I don't know what you are on about, Kallis is similar to way he was before. Yeah maybe his pace has dropped doesn't bowl as much but he still picks up wickets and score runs 😕

Afridi well i don't rate him as a batsmen so all-rounder is out of contention. He is miss or hit with the bat, his batting average (23) clearly suggest that. He is a good bowler and i agree with that.

Flintoff is not overrated, Afridi is. Freddie is would make in top 3 all rounder list anytime. 😛
starstrucK. thumbnail
^ well, then that's just an opinion. I find Freddie overrated. Kallis is amazing, but I found him brilliant in his prime/mid days.

Never said I rate Afridi as a terrific all rounder, I love his bowling so he's more or less a bowling all rounder. I even put Afridi last in the list of the best three all rounders from Pakistan. And Malik, hes a batting all rounder, and he has had surgery..so he can;t bowl like he once used to.

p.s No need to get super offended with the mention of India in my post, it was only there to prove a point. sheesh
darpan12... thumbnail
So technically Malik is not an All-rounder currently nor is he the best. :) Wondering how he is in top 6 list... 🤔

Edit: Does it look like i got offended when you mentioned India? 🤔 Erm... NO!!! So relaxxxx and chill :)