Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Life and taking a life - when moral, when immoral? (Page 8)

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Living things undergo evolution. Take any form of life and examine it closely - it would bear the mark of million years of evolution; take a hand watch - it would bear the mark of human invention. Any artificial artifacts are the product of an intelligent design; things found in nature are the product of Nature itself, i.e. they have not been designed intelligently, but had evolved from one state to another. Living things, including humans, birds or insects look naturally formed. Robotics look intelligently designed. If robotics had existed naturally in the cosmos, it would have looked, and as well as behaved as if it had been formed naturally, that it had undergone years of evolution - which it does not.

This is why I strongly rule out special creation. Nothing in the cosmos, including lives or the distant stars and planets look intelligently designed. It looks evolved. It is often said that the universe bears the illusion of being created. It looks created and designed by a highly complex entity at the first glance, however, a better look, and more importantly, a better examination reveals that  in reality, nothing in the cosmos looks or is actually designed - it's evolved.

If there is a God, He is not a Creator, but an Evolver. For me, God is non-interfering, and the cosmos unfolded as it had been ordered by the Laws that God had set up on the first place. For me, Evolution is God's greatest, and most elaborate Creation.

I have a few concerns with your explanations. Hope you can clear them out. You are against intelligent design, but are for evolution and say that evolution is God's most elaborate creation. Then do you perceive evolution to be some dumb design, or intelligent mishaps?

Finally could it just be that to God we are nothing but biological robots?
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think God has this huge doll house with whole bunch of dolls and what not and he keeps himself busy playing with us all Tongue 

pssstttt....God told me I am his favorite dollWink LOL

When did I tell you that!!!!????Angry
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

I think God has this huge doll house with whole bunch of dolls and what not and he keeps himself busy playing with us all Tongue 

pssstttt....God told me I am his favorite dollWink LOL--- God is a reality, then man is a slave, a puppet. All the strings are in his hands, even your life....He pulls the strings, you dance..... he pulls the strings, you cry..... he pulls the strings, you start murders, suicide, war. You are just a puppet and he is the puppeteer.
Smile

When did I tell you that!!!!????Angry---lol  I think she saying about G<-O<-DWinkLOL

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by qwertyesque

pssstttt....God told me I am his favorite dollWink LOL--- God is a reality, then man is a slave, a puppet. All the strings are in his hands, even your life....He pulls the strings, you dance..... he pulls the strings, you cry..... he pulls the strings, you start murders, suicide, war. You are just a puppet and he is the puppeteer.
Smile

When did I tell you that!!!!????Angry---lol  I think she saying about G<-O<-DWinkLOL

Yeah yeah and I know I am talking about myself and you talking of some G-strings!!! vinu man whatcha doing....LOLLOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 11 October 2009 at 11:02pm
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 11 October 2009 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Lol..Qwrty  if you talking about urself then welcome to my world.... bt dil pe math lo ....LOL
karandel_2008 IF-Rockerz
karandel_2008
karandel_2008

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Originally posted by crazy_sunny

so is a microbe aware of being alive or not Confused

This may look far fetched Wink, but I think that even an atom or an electron, or anything below, is also somewhat conscious or somewhat in the aware state. This is because every other particle senses other particles using electromagnetic and gravity fields.

Our consciousness or awareness is just on a different level.

But you don't support the fact that an atom or electron is living right? Or do you think everything is living, its just that are different levels to it?

Yes, if we look for a very general definition of Life. Otherwise how come non living things create living things?
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 7:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top