Debate Mansion

Life and taking a life - when moral, when immoral? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by angie.4u

to me the earth does seem to B living . it even has an aura like atmosphere. it may even have a consciousness for all we know !

Every now and then I get the feeling that everything has a mind of its own. For example even the office printer has a personality. Sometimes, you have to threaten it with physical violence to print, and sometimes you have to whisper to it gently. Sometimes when my hard disk starts spinning violently, I talk to it to slow down. I know logically they have no life, but it seems that I connect with these devices. LOL

its ok to take some prozac... lfe is not always fair...LOLLOLLOLLOL

My dog is on Prozac. I need something more potent like THC.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Life and taking a life - when moral, when immoral? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by angie.4u

to me the earth does seem to B living . it even has an aura like atmosphere. it may even have a consciousness for all we know !

Every now and then I get the feeling that everything has a mind of its own. For example even the office printer has a personality. Sometimes, you have to threaten it with physical violence to print, and sometimes you have to whisper to it gently. Sometimes when my hard disk starts spinning violently, I talk to it to slow down. I know logically they have no life, but it seems that I connect with these devices. LOL

its ok to take some prozac... lfe is not always fair...LOLLOLLOLLOL

My dog is on Prozac. I need something more potent like THC.

Hugnahi meri pyari rth, yeh acchi baat nahi... thc bharatiya naari ko shobha nahi deta......LOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by karandel_2008

What about: Life is anything that is selfish?

Are we delving into philosophies again?LOL

I think life is consciousness. Even the smallest bit of consciousness proves a life. To go with your answer, a thing can be selfish if it is conscious.

I am interested in hearing the rest of your thoughts on the series of questions I proposed, especially:

- Does plants/trees have consciousness? We do know they have life, what we do not know is if their consciousness is on the same level as animals'? Do they feel the equal amount of pain when they are cut off, or a part of them had been torn off? Is eating fruits and vegetables wrong?

- Do microbes have consciousness, too? Are we not murdering millions of microbes every time we breathe in?

Yes consciousness is energy that runs all things. I believe there are various types or levels of consciousness and energy too. 
A moving body is considered alive as consciousness is present and when the consciousness is removed it is dead.
If consciousness is all pervasive then it is still present in the dead body in a different form.

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Gosh you've so many questions.........

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 6:07am | IP Logged
thats Labib's USP Approve

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by karandel_2008

What about: Life is anything that is selfish?

Are we delving into philosophies again?LOL

I think life is consciousness. Even the smallest bit of consciousness proves a life. To go with your answer, a thing can be selfish if it is conscious.

I am interested in hearing the rest of your thoughts on the series of questions I proposed, especially:

- Does plants/trees have consciousness? We do know they have life, what we do not know is if their consciousness is on the same level as animals'? Do they feel the equal amount of pain when they are cut off, or a part of them had been torn off? Is eating fruits and vegetables wrong?

- Do microbes have consciousness, too? Are we not murdering millions of microbes every time we breathe in?

Yes consciousness is energy that runs all things. I believe there are various types or levels of consciousness and energy too. 
A moving body is considered alive as consciousness is present and when the consciousness is removed it is dead.
If consciousness is all pervasive then it is still present in the dead body in a different form.

consciousness is sense of being alive..its no energy..a comatose person is alive but not conscious for tht veri reason... its just to justify some kind of immortality that they make up these energy etc.....that they define..this wierd concepts..

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 8:40am | IP Logged
so is a microbe aware of being alive or not Confused

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 06 October 2009 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

so is a microbe aware of being alive or not Confused

This may look far fetched Wink, but I think that even an atom or an electron, or anything below, is also somewhat conscious or somewhat in the aware state. This is because every other particle senses other particles using electromagnetic and gravity fields.

Our consciousness or awareness is just on a different level.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 06 October 2009 at 4:57pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top