Debate Mansion

Life and taking a life - when moral, when immoral? (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 10

Page 1 Page 9
Page   of 10

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
Mosquitoes bite me only if I am alone. When people are around they skip me. I theorize I have bitter blood, comes from all the bitter sarcasm in the system. When I worked in Wal-Mart's lawn and garden, my favorite thing was to swat flies and feed them to the insectivorous plants.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Life and taking a life - when moral, when immoral? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Mosquitoes bite me only if I am alone. When people are around they skip me. I theorize I have bitter blood, comes from all the bitter sarcasm in the system. When I worked in Wal-Mart's lawn and garden, my favorite thing was to swat flies and feed them to the insectivorous plants.
Hope the plants did not die from over eating.
We had a little duckling where we played weekend games at our club. Everyone kept feeding the poor little fella (who was so cute and hungry) and he was finally recalled back to Hades.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Now how do you kill a duckling like that? Confused

I've heard its not really overfeeding, but many migratory birds are killed by being fed wrong kind of food thats toxic to them. You have to be very careful. Also goose and duck poo can be toxic to dogs and cats if they eat it.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:58pm | IP Logged

I've heard its not really overfeeding, but many migratory birds are killed by being fed wrong kind of food thats toxic to them. You have to be very careful. Also goose and duck poo can be toxic to dogs and cats if they eat it.

Thanks.
Speaking of Goose I saw pic on the force feeding of goose to produce foie gras. It was horrendous and cruel. Poor birds are even allowed to move and often their feet and bodies rot away.  Some western societies can be very cruel too.
My Chinese friends get blamed for the  killing of sharks for their fins; a cruel practise.
Koreans and some Chinese eat dog meat too. Yucks.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Thanks.
Speaking of Goose I saw pic on the force feeding of goose to produce foie gras. It was horrendous and cruel. Poor birds are even allowed to move and often their feet and bodies rot away.  Some western societies can be very cruel too.
My Chinese friends get blamed for the  killing of sharks for their fins; a cruel practise.
Koreans and some Chinese eat dog meat too. Yucks.

Human beings in general can be exceptionally cruel, not just western or eastern society - human nature just seems so cruel.

We in Wisconsin get really angry at all the California Dairy advertisements, where they say happy cows come from California - just because of our harsh winters.  We call them silicone farmers. Their cows do not roam in the sunshine. They are factory farms with hundreds of cows lined up in stalls with no room to move, everyday a machine attaches to milk them and they shoot the cow up with a lot of bovine growth hormones to produce more milk which is unhealthy to the cow. Ouch

I read Aldo Leopold's 'Sand County Almanac' and  Bill Bryson's "walk in the woods" and both books touch upon the American wildlife and how it has been cruelly depleted and destroyed. It actually wrenches you heart to learn how the last passenger pigeon became extinct, or how there was a time where the timber wolf almost disappeared from the North woods, or how the grizzlies were brutally killed and people were rewarded to kill grizzlies so that they can personally hunt more game.

Edited by return_to_hades - 12 October 2009 at 11:23pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top