Celebrity Fan Clubs

aladin- check pg1. movie fan club (plz join) (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

wisehigaholic

Goldie

wisehigaholic

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
lolz and cute. o my i was actually surpised when i saw the first promo that amitab was the genie. i know atleast one it will surely be entertaining. lolz.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "aladin- check pg1. movie fan club (plz join) (Page 2)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

wisehigaholic

Goldie

wisehigaholic

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Aladin Music Review
Last Updated: 2009-09-29T11:29:12+05:30

Music Directors: Vishal-Shekhar
Lyricists: Vishal Dadlani and Anvita Dutt Guptan
Singers: Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shreya Ghosal, Sudesh Bhosle, Vishal Dadlani, Shekhar Ravjiani, Anushka Manchanda, Sunidhi Chauhan and Sanjay Dutt

Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravjiani have done an amazing job on the music of Amitabh Bachchan-starrer 'Aladin', which is a modern version of the classic Arabian tale.  The entire music of the album is racy and energetic.

'Aladin' offers six originals and two remixes.

The album kicks off with the 'Genie rap', where Amitabh croons along with Anushka Manchanda. The song, which is a situational one, leaves an average level of impression on the music lovers. The remixed version by DJ Suketu comes with more beats and is much faster.

The next number is the 'Tak dhina din'. The title track of the movie has Shankar Mahadevan and Shaan behind the mikes and is a high-energy number, with the tempo retained from start to end.

The 'O re saawariya' that comes next, is a lovely number which starts in a soft manner with the pace increasing later on. The song is an excellent blend of classical and rustic influences. Sudesh Bhonsle, Shreya Ghoshal, Shaan and Amitabh have lent their voice to the song.  The remix version by DJ Suketu is a foot tapping number.

Up next is 'You may be', which is the only soft, poignant number of the album. Vishal and Shekhar have lent the voice for the love ballad, which has both English and Hindi lyrics. A perfect song for music lovers as well as those who are in love.

'Bachke o bachke' rendered by Shankar, Shaan and Sunidhi is yet another energetic and foot tapping number which starts off slowly. Slowly the song gathers the tempo.

The last one is 'Giri giri', which is an entirely different track rendered by Sanjay Dutt. But he fails to do justice to the number with his bad vocals. But yet, the music is good enough for attracting the music lovers.

On the whole, Vishal and Shekhar have composed fast-paced, high on beats songs and most of them are enjoyable.
SEARCH

wisehigaholic

Goldie

wisehigaholic

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 12:28pm | IP Logged

Music Review: Aladin (2009)

2.0 stars out of 5

Music by Vishal Shekhar
with lyrics by Anvita Dutt Guptan, Vishal Dadlani

Bachke O Bachke (5:20) - Vocals by Sunidhi Chauhan, Shaan, Shankar Mahadevan
Heavy beats dominate this track. It's a fun song but Vishal Shekhar could have done much more with it. Anvita Dutt Guptan's lyrics are strictly average. Somehow Bachke O Bachke doesn't really work without the visuals.

Genie Rap (2:57) - Vocals by Amitabh Bachchan, Anushka Manchandani
Genie Rap is for our uber-cool Genie played by BigB. BigB raps with much gusto and it's brilliant fun to listen to him sing lines like,

'I got the rocks, I got the ride
I got the hotties by my side
I got the moves and I got the game
You can get close but it ain't the same..'

At 67, Amitabh Bachchan is still going strong! What energy!

Giri Giri (3:11) - Vocals by Sanjay Dutt
Giri Giri is for the Ringmaster, the 'witty' villain of Aladin. Sanjay Dutt's vocals are poor (no surprise there) but his amateurish singing works in favour of the track. Weird, I know.

Ore Saawariya (4:22) - Vocals by Amitabh Bachchan, Shreya Ghoshal, Sudesh Bhosle, Shaan
Ore Saawariya takes you back to BigB's songs in Baghban and Baabul - it seems to be highly inspired by Aadesh Srivastav's music. Lyrics and music arrangements are not too impressive. Overall, this one's an ordinary composition with good semi-classical vocals by Shreya Ghoshal.

Tak Dhina Dhin (4:32) - Vocals by Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan
Tak Dhina Dhin is like a lovely nursery rhyme. Kids will love this track, thanks to the lively vocals by Shankar Mahadevan and Shaan.

You May Be (5:43) - Vocals by Vishal Dadlani, Shekhar Ravjiani
Best song of the soundtrack. You May Be is beautifully composed and soulfully sung by Vishal and Shekhar. Love ballad of the year? Maybe.

FINAL VERDICT
Aladin's soundtrack is somewhat disappointing - the culprits: poor lyrics and arrangements and uninspiring tunes. I would say it's a wasted opportunity.
Vishal Shekhar, where art thou?

wisehigaholic

Goldie

wisehigaholic

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
i liked album it was good.

wisehigaholic

Goldie

wisehigaholic

-kirulicious-

IF-Rockerz

-kirulicious-

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riteshharmanfan

lolz and cute. o my i was actually surpised when i saw the first promo that amitab was the genie. i know atleast one it will surely be entertaining. lolz.

Yeaah!<3 Such a cutiepie!!Tongue AB is coolBig smile can't wait!! thanx for those interviews!

wisehigaholic

Goldie

wisehigaholic

Posted: 04 October 2009 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
u have heard the songs right?

-kirulicious-

IF-Rockerz

-kirulicious-

Posted: 05 October 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Not yet ;( Do u like them??

Post Reply New Post

Go to top