Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Animals & Humans

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 02 October 2009 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Noticed quote a stir in some other threads about humans and animals. It brings many questions to mind. How similar are humans and animals? How different are we? Can we really compare? Where do we draw the lines? Do animal's have a conscience? Do they have a sense of social/moral structures like we do? Do animals have a soul? If you believe in heaven & hell, do you think animals also have similar fates?

This and lots more.

My thoughts later depending on what people have to say. Moreover, I am kinda sleepy.

_DrEaM_ IF-Rockerz
_DrEaM_
_DrEaM_

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 1:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Noticed quote a stir in some other threads about humans and animals. It brings many questions to mind. How similar are humans and animals? How different are we? Can we really compare? Where do we draw the lines? Do animal's have a conscience? Do they have a sense of social/moral structures like we do? Do animals have a soul? If you believe in heaven & hell, do you think animals also have similar fates?

This and lots more.

My thoughts later depending on what people have to say. Moreover, I am kinda sleepy.

RTH a very nice topic and it's been long debated ... something which we can hardly come up with any conclusion.

Personally i think we cannot compare animals and humans we are 2 distinct groups. Scientist do compare human with ape or monkeys saying we are developed from those animals. However i do not think so as there is just too much difference. I mean physically if you compare yes they got 2 arms 2 legs us also but the way of thinking is definitely different. They might act like us but human is considered different due to the brain they got.

Yes animals also got a brain but relatively all they got to think is how to survive life by finding food avoiding danger or finding partner caring for family. Whereas human beings need to consider much more in addition to these. The life humans lead is different also. There are some arguements saying humans are different from animals because they do not have emotions, yet i would ask why do animals care about their babies when some animals come attack? There can be difference in level of sentiments but i do believe animals have emotions which we cannot understand as humans.

Animals do have conscience but again the type of conscience is different from ours. We might not think they have conscience as animals kill each other to survive but don't humans have corruption to survive? or don't people on this earth lie or do bad deeds to survive. We need good and bad to balance out the world then why not animals? They sure have their good and bad members to balance out their society.

Social structure i guess would be pretty much isolated in animals world as they are pretty self centered, e.g. killing others for own safety or survival, being with own family. There are also examples where they work in groups or shift in groups so social structure can somewhat be in between type. Moral structure...even i am blank about this one!LOL How do we define moral? Do human beings really have morals? or are we just bound to follow the morals set by society and never really follow wholeheartedly?....more questions coming in my mind i am confused now lol LOL I guess animals do have a soul as they do cry also and have feelings....i guess without a soul animals and humans are just dead living things lol.....

Heaven and hell for animals? that sounds weird but if we believe that we would either go to heaven or hell as we were created by god and he would make us go to either one depending on our deeds then of coz animals would have the same as they were created by god too....but i wonder almost all animals kill others for survival so will most of them exist in hell only Confused...

RTH think for getting me thinking about this and i think it's an interesting topic can't wait to read others' view on this!

P.S. did what i write make sense?? if not do forgive i guess i am not in my sense lol LOL but yea those are some of my thoughts !Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 4:19am | IP Logged

Animals are free...they can do anything as per their wish..... No animal lives according to values...he lives blindly, not knowing why....No animal bother about asking the question...Who am I?Why am doing this!! theres no thinking and thoughts...and the muscular power is part of animality. If that is going to decide the superiority, then any animal is more muscular than a man.

@Dream- hindu's believe Animal can reach heaven ....but I dont know why some other religion Animals not allow to go heaven..atleast Sacrifised Animal ko pass dhena chahiye ..

---- Rabbi Greenberg died and went to heaven. He saw only three people there, reading by a dim light. One of them was Madjibhai Morarjibhai Desai who was reading PLAYBOY, the second one was Ayatollah Khomaniac -- he was reading GALLERY -- and the third was Pope The Polack who was reading GENESIS. And they were all reading very religiously. He could not believe his own eyes. First he could not believe that there were only three people in heaven, and then he could not believe they were all religiously reading PLAYBOY, GALLERY, GENESIS -- and reading so religiously, as if they were reading the Gita, the Koran, the Bible.

He decided to see what hell was like. The rabbi got to the Devil's domain and it turned out to be a big nightclub with every kind of music being played. There was an eight-piece Dixieland band, a thirty-piece swing band, and all the people were dancing.

Rabbi Greenberg went back up to heaven and asked for an audience with God. "I don't understand it, Lord," he . said. "There are only three people in heaven and they are all reading, and they are all reading things which should not be read, and they are reading them so religiously. I am amazed! I am surprised! And down in hell everybody is dancing and having a good time! And these three people look so sad and so ugly. Why can't we have some music in heaven, some dance in heaven?"
The Lord said, "I can't hire a band just for these three stupid people!"

Repression, control can only make you stupid. And remember, even if you go to heaven you will smuggle some old copies of PLAYBOY, GALLERY, GENESIS, because here you missed them. They are bound to go with you. Here you were reading the Gita, the Koran and the Bible; here you were repressing. It is easy to repress in a life of seventy or eighty years, but in heaven it is infinity. How long can you repress? How long can you sit upon a volcano? Sooner or later it is bound to erupt.
_DrEaM_ IF-Rockerz
_DrEaM_
_DrEaM_

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 4:29am | IP Logged
^^ wow lovely believe ji yes how long can someone repress we all got our own limits lol....once passed....we explode...

don't you think animals can have their own set of thoughts....i mean yes they do not think like us but they do think in their own ways according to their content of life right?
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 5:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
karandel_2008 IF-Rockerz
karandel_2008
karandel_2008

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Animals are bad because they kill animals. Only man is allowed to kill animals.
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 6:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
karandel_2008 IF-Rockerz
karandel_2008
karandel_2008

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Animals are bad because they kill animals. Only man is allowed to kill animals.

Human beings are animals.

oh then animals are worst because not only they kill animals, but they kill animals who are humans. Wink

Edited by karandel_2008 - 03 October 2009 at 6:52am

Go to top