MY LIFE (Part 7-page 9) (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 9

Page 1 Page 8
Page   of 9

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 12:47am | IP Logged

Wow, it's beautiful! You write really well. I love the imagery, like the almond one. Do update soon!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MY LIFE (Part 7-page 9) (Page 9)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Thanks! I will surely try to update soon!

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 01 January 2010 at 2:53am | IP Logged

Part 7

The rain was falling continuously, and potholes the size of footballs had sprung up on roads along with frogs.

The wet deserted roads were strangely inviting, along with their emerald green tree-linings'.

I was maneuvering my Dio with utmost care, my speed less than 30 inspite of the empty road and few passer-bys. Karve road was the epitome of potholes. It was hard to see the road. One would have logically assumed that potholes had not appeared in the road, the road was appearing in the potholes'.

I have a fetish for driving through large puddles of water. Karve road had one of such champion puddles. As it loomed up in front to of me, I took the necessary precautions ' tucking my legs in, head hunched, but forgot to do the most important thing- look around'..

Splash!

The water rose till my shoulder length and then fell down. Smiling to myself, I was about to accelerate, tempted by the prospect of an intact road lying ahead'..

"OYE!"

The voice was angry. My heart did a black flip along with my stomach.

"Shit! I am so sorry'." I began to apologize as I removed my spotted black bandanna'.

"Can't you see? How did you pass the driving test anyway?" the boy came back with a biting response.

He removed the hood of his jacket, and was about to speak something else, possibly another inflamed insult''

"You?"

I blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice.

"Yeah. Me. I know'you, na? You are.'aren't you?"

"Huh? Sorry'Aaryan."

"Yeah'..Sharvina '."

"I know'.I would recognize the bandanna anywhere'.." He smirked.

I lifted an eyebrow dangerously. No one makes fun of my bandanna and gets away with it.

"What are you doing here anyway?" he asked mildly, judging my displeasure from my expression.

"I am going to Abhimanyu's."

"Really? Me too! Hey can you-?"

I smiled. "Shall I give you a ride? Least I can do to make up'."

He shrugged.

"How did you get here anyway?"

He pointed at the bus stop. I nodded my head.

As he sat behind me, I adjusted the rearview mirrors and then roared the Dio to life.

Accelerating I said, "By the way, I only have a learner's permit!"

Ignoring his gasp of indignation, I proceeded to rush through the next champion puddle.

Edited by Pooj@ - 01 January 2010 at 2:56am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Sayu_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top