Debate Mansion

Slumdog millionaire, shame or great?

Shambo thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
What do you think of Slumdog millionaire?

Of course I do feel sympathy for the poor muslims living in the slums and  we certainly have our dirty landry, but that's our family problem which is of no concern to any other people.

Is this movie basically  social po*nagraphy that western people just love to watch and stroke their own ego's among other Indians, or is it a good quality film?

Edited by Shambo - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shikhoo thumbnail
gud QUALITY FILM....

becoz if somebody will make movie on Sati PRATHA...
then we will say that...was dark period of India...and nice that we r over it...

toda we r shouting so much becoz...slums are still exciting in India !!!!!
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i should say good, it shows some important issues that wouldn't be otherwise shown. the problem is there and by this movie, it can move the government to take certain measures to deal with the problems against discrimination of religions and ethnicity.
Angelic_J thumbnail

GREATπŸ‘ Hopefully it might force those who think it was "shameful" into some action. SM only portrayed what EXISTS for a whole lot of people in India and the only problem is people like me and you don't care about them because it doesn't affect us directly.

Originally posted by: Shambo

Of course I do feel sympathy for the poor muslims living in the slums and  we certainly have our dirty landry, but that's our family problem which is of no concern to any other people.

Is this movie basically  social po*nagraphy that western people just love to watch and stroke their own ego's among other Indians, or is it a good quality film?

Welcome back.πŸ˜›
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Cute avatar.
It is a great movie eventhough I have seen it only in parts.
Does not win an oscar for nothing.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† yeh bhai phir shuru ho gayeπŸ˜†
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

What the HELL is wrong with you?

If Bollywood can depict a movie on discrimination in the US then why can't Hollywood depict poverty in slums in India? If you don't like people up in your business, then don't be up in anyone else's either.  If movies like New York are 'reality' than why can't SDM be thought of the same way? Social po*nography, my butt. Look around you and accept what you see, covering it up doesn't make something go away.
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

If Bollywood can depict a movie on discrimination in the US then why can't Hollywood depict poverty in slums in India? If you don't like people up in your business, then don't be up in anyone else's either.  If movies like New York are 'reality' than why can't SDM be thought of the same way? Social po*nography, my butt. Look around you and accept what you see, covering it up doesn't make something go away.

yeah but new york was AFTER sdm so it means new york was revenge πŸ˜›

but seriously there was nothing bad in sdm apat from it being kinda boring, plus the songs were basically overrated ad jingles.
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

πŸ˜†  for the colored line.
Back to the topic. SDM is good movie but I dont think it  deserve  that much hype and awards.
1 2 3
Next