Debate Mansion

Maternal Family or Paterna Family? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MRS BANI WALIA

Do you like yor maternal family more or paternal family?Why?

maternal..paternal family competes with you for inheritance other things.....Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Maternal Family or Paterna Family? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:23pm | IP Logged
Okay, first things first - I was just kidding. It was supposed to be a somewhat sarcastic remark based on the typical desi stereotypes of loving maternal family members and evil paternal family members - we've all been down that road. Obviously, its not true.

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Ajnu, in our desi culture - sons/brothers are supposed to help out their extended families even after they get married.  There are no materialistic expectations from the daughters.  On the contrary, daughters and her family is bestowed with gifts and love and affection when ever she visited her parents/brothers.

This is why most of us grow up seeing our dad doling out money to our paternal side of family where as we are only receiving from the maternal side of the family.  The rationale becomes clearer when one grows up a bit.  Deep down, both sides care for us and love us.  It's just that we see mostly one side manifesting it more than the other - hence the bias.

Di, I totally agree, I was just being immature. You know, my mom always says that if you want to know how a guy will treat you, look at the way he treats his mother and sisters, and I really do believe that. I don't mind that my dad takes care of his family, because I know that I'd want my brother to do the same for our parents when he's older.

Originally posted by Believe

Dont put your truth as a universal truth!!! Big smile

My truth is universal in my world, doesn't mean it has to be the same in your's. For this instance though, as I said above, I was kidding.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_DrEaM_baz786

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 October 2009 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Paternal families are always rude with mom.So I hate them.

_DrEaM_

IF-Rockerz

_DrEaM_

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 1:12am | IP Logged
i like my maternal family better Big smile never been close with pateral family really and yea i love my nana nani Embarrassed they care about each of us so much!! whenever we visit they shower their love upon us like anything!...

Eventide

Eventide

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 6:04am | IP Logged
I'm more close to my maternal family. Its not that I'm detached from my paternal family. Part of the reason is that my maternal grandparents were still alive when I was born. And also the fact that my maternal uncle lives in the same city.

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 03 October 2009 at 7:47am | IP Logged
I LOVE my maternal family i always love being with them plus i lived with them my paternal side stays in Qatar after marraige i hardly get time to meet them but i love them also...both are dear to me but maternal a l'il more.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top