Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 6:31pm | IP Logged

What accessories do you wear with a sari, and what wouldnt you wear? 

I generally dont wear them, but I would wear just a pair of earrings and a sleek chain, not a lot.   With matching bag. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karan_deewaniangelic_devil.Jiya.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What to wear with a sari (or not)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Jiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Jiya.

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 6:45pm | IP Logged

i have never worn a saree LOLLOL
but if i do .. i would wear a nice big earrings ..
earrings that would stand out :)
i wouldn't wear a necklace ..
and i lovee my bangless ..
andd a little clutch bag Big smile

Edited by .Jiya. - 30 September 2009 at 6:46pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-amruta-ElusiveDevotionReineSigmakaransprincesstrina_saras

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
I would wear dangly pretty earrings that stand out, the kind I wouldn't normally wearLOL
and bangles
Or I'd go the other route and wear a delicate chain and pair of studs
If it's my wedding saree, then LOTS of other jewelleryLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Reine

Jiannax143

IF-Rockerz

Jiannax143

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
i usually wear chandelier earrings or something of that sort as in long and big.. i love statement jewelry i always have my rings on me lol no matter what and i also have to wear bangles because i'm married

if i'm wearing a saree for a family event then i have to wear a necklace but if it's not for a family event and it's jsut a party like a sweet sixteen and what not..i don't really care..might wear one
i guess its way more simple if you aren't married cause you aren't obliged to look good cause people aren't staring you down lolLOL

Edited by shopah0lic_xo - 01 October 2009 at 2:14pm

Reine

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:50am | IP Logged
I would wear bangles, earrings and maybe a small necklace. If the sari is plain I would wear more jewellery otherwise only chudiyan and earrings. A matching bag and nice shoes would fill the bill. Ofcourse a nice bindi will look good tooEmbarrassed

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 01 October 2009 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shopah0lic_xo

i usually wear chandelier earrings or something of that sort as in long and big.. i love statement jewelry i always have my rings on me lol no matter what and i also have to wear bangles because i'm married

if i'm wearing a saree for a family event then i have to wear a necklace but if it's not for a family event and it's jsut a party like a sweet sixteen and what not..i don't really care..might wear one
i guess its way more simple if you aren't married cause you aren't obliged to look good cause people aren't staring you down lolLOL

I dont know abt that shopaholic, because those who arent married probably feel they have to look good in case they meet someone haha.   It all depends. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ReineSigma

Jiannax143

IF-Rockerz

Jiannax143

Posted: 01 October 2009 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by trina1

Originally posted by shopah0lic_xo

I dont know abt that shopaholic, because those who arent married probably feel they have to look good in case they meet someone haha.   It all depends. 

lol that's true too but you don't have to do anything you don't want to
if you don't want to wear bangles it's fine.. you don't have to lol..you don't even need to wear jewelry if you don't want to....in my case....you kind of have to..well i have to at least cause apparently jewelry symbolizes that you're married especially bangles
lol you don't want all those aunties talking about you..even if you're single and you meet someone i don't think they would really focus on the accessories as muchLOL lol just saying

trina_saras

Sigma

IF-Sizzlerz

Sigma

Posted: 01 October 2009 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
i normally wear big chandelier type earings, no necklace and sometimes bangles depending on my mood

Post Reply New Post

Go to top