Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
SRK makes me dil go mmmm.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shahrukh - underrated? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 7:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Meena1

The most serious role i saw him in was Kuch Kuch Hota Hai ka Rahul..

LOLchalo phir aapne uska zyaada serious part bhi nahin dekha haiLOL

i havent seen swades or Paheli.. the most recent movie i saw of his was Veera~Zara..

i take him seriously.. never underestimated his talent..Tongue

very good !LOL

Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Lol & I ve always felt that SRK is overrated .. & still do D'oh

overrated in exactly what?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
I think the only person who has underrated Shahrukh, is probably Shahrukh himself. Barring a few unconventional roles where he has showcased his acting skills, he has chosen mostly the chocolate romance roles. The thing about Shahrukh is his success is not in acting. He is not a polished actor like Aamir Khan. He is not a looker like Salman, Hrithik or the other hunks.

What makes Shahrukh such a phenomenon lies completely in his personality. Unlike other actors and actresses who portray roles and characters - Shahrukh plays dreams. He understands and connects with his audiences, and empathizes with them - he presents to them something they can connect with.

Aamir is a fantabulous actor and yes some of his films move you. But Aamir has never made me feel dizzy or that I am literally melting. Very rarely have I walked out an Aamir film feeling dreamy, wanting to fall in love. Shahrukh does that. He colonizes the dreams in the hearts of people and brings them to life.

A few years ago, Shahrukh had stated in an interview that he is not an actor but a commodity - a brand - a product that caters to the demands of the people.

Shahrukh completely deserves every bit of hype he receives for he has achieved these heights through his personality, self promotion and understanding of audiences - no star has catered to the audience like him - otherwise he honestly he is no quality star material. He is underrated in the sense that in the hype he receives - his intellect and potential as an actor are unnoticed.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_VeilFair-n-luvlyMindbender

kuhu.kuhu

IF-Sizzlerz

kuhu.kuhu

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
o.kk cloddy u know how to bring me to participate in DM by opening thread on my favorite man TongueLOL

Ist I  want to mention that I think  SRK is a fantastic actor , very well read, extremely intelligent, savvy businessman  and knows how to put the obnoxious reporters in their place with his tongue in cheek humor !!!!...what draws me more towards SRK is his integrity !!!...

At  this day and age when papparazzis are following his every move , a single slip can cause extreme harm ....Here is the man who flaunts his wife and declares with no uncertain terms that his wife and children are his life !!!!press could never find a single flaw in his character in his interactions with his heroines ..and  what does he get in return ???? his heroines love him , more admiration from females and adoration from males...

How anybody can beat that ????

.Every body has done stereotyped roles when they were establishing themselves ...some did romantic , some did angry young man ...but we've seen SRK's versatility in films like  devdas, pardes, Raju ban gaya gentleman, swades, Paheli, Darr  , baazigar, chak de , kabhi haa kabhi naa....and nobody does romantic roles better than him...no matter how much we try to stereotype him with Raj and Rahul ..those characters r etched in our( most of us) memories foreverTongue ...

Who would have thought that anyone  could fall in love with a middle aged , shy , very average looking  administrative clerk who knew how to love but could not express ???...I did  !!!!!!..after watching Surinder Suri in Rab Ne Tongue..and i know many girls did like me ..such is the charisma of SRK !!!!!!!!!!!

This man came to Mumbai as an "outsider" with little money and full of  dreams, without any Godfather, married his childhood sweetheart without caring what it would do to his image , made it big thru' sheer hardwork , perseverence and belief in himself..... and if all these characterestics coupled with his great skill as an actor who could connect with his audience made him what he is today then so be it...

I remember when a reporter asked him what he thinks of Amir Khan naming his dog "shah rukh" ..pat came his reply " Amir cant get enough of me " ..... 

So yes i think shahrukh is excellent as an actor too ..some argue that  as an actor he mostly portrayed  Raj , Rahul type roles ..though I would love to see him romancing his heroines( as his eyes speak volume )but i think he has shown enough versatility thru his body of work till date( note Darrr, Baazigar, Raju ban gaya, paheli, chak de , swades , kabhi haa kabhi naa, devdas et al  )  

I think he is under rated as an actor but in over all persona he gets his due from the media as well as his audience .....

Just my 2 cents .... Smile       

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_ShadeBeyond_the_VeilFair-n-luvlyMindbender

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Originally posted by mahikhan

Originally posted by mahikhan

this topic isn't that odd actually.. i think clodpolish meant that the critics look at him as a star and don't take him seriously as an actor? imo he is very versatile.. dunno what the hell aamir is on abt with his shahrukh does the same type of films.. just coz the media pairs srk and yash raj a lot doesnt mean that he does the same romantic stories.. i guess it's just that aamir can't create waves like ddlj Smile
I just LOVE srk.....i always take his acting serious but saorry clody his paheli and Mohabbatein never made sense to me i loved Mohabbatein though.
@Joe Amir is one refined actor of hindi cinemaTongue

he is, but he has no charm like srk!
AGREED HERE!
i REMEMBER HOW CRAZY I WAS FOR SRK I STILL AMEmbarrassed
Do you think i'd look good with him????Embarrassed

nope.
Ok fine if not me then you?
How about you sir?you n srk balle balle...do you know someone told me that srk and karan johar both are gaysCry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Ok do not kill me. My dar tells me that SRK is definitely bisexual. However, my dar also tells me that he is not cheating and is perfectly faithful to his wife. Karan Johar is gay on my dar, and I think Ekta Kapoor is the perfect beard for him.

Karan Johar and Shahrukh share a special bonding, they are very close. But my observations tell me this is a platonic relationship, a bromance  - a compassionate friendship. Thats it.

But yeah Shahrukh rules the world.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Ok do not kill me. My dar tells me that SRK is definitely bisexual. However, my dar also tells me that he is not cheating and is perfectly faithful to his wife. Karan Johar is gay on my dar, and I think Ekta Kapoor is the perfect beard for him.

Karan Johar and Shahrukh share a special bonding, they are very close. But my observations tell me this is a platonic relationship, a bromance  - a compassionate friendship. Thats it.

But yeah Shahrukh rules the world.

SRK is the epitome of cheesy, heart-melting romance that deep down all women crave. And I frown upon those who question this mahapurush's sexuality. Him and KJo are good friends. Just like his character Aman and Rohit (Saifoo) in KHNH were good friends. Now everyone please stop saying kantaaaaaben in their heads. LOL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Jis baat ka darr tha , aapka dar wahi bata raha hai !LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top