rouble thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
John Abraham How do you feel that you aren't in Dhoom 2?
I thank Aditya Chopra for casting me in Dhoom and giving a boost to my career. With Jism, Paap, and Aetbaar I didn't have a children's audience. With Dhoom, kids started liking me. I hope Hrithik Roshan does a great job. But yes, I am disappointed for not being cast in Dhoom 2. It's a natural reaction. I am a human.

Have you met Adi after learning the news?
No. But I remember he bouncing it off that he intends changing the concept in the sequel

You did so much of hard work… you taught the bikes to Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra… and you have been sidelined?
Yes, I was surprised. I don't know if I deserved the award but I certainly deserved a nomination.

Even that you gyrated on stage for a Dhoom number?
It was a good commercial offer (laughs)

Disappointed with Elaan?
I accept the fact that the audience rejected the film. It was indeed very disappointing. There were many of us in the film who were wanting it to succeed.

Wasn't it foolish to make a Sholay 2 with new crop of actors getting into shoes of stalwarts?
I disagree that Elaan is Sholay 2. We tried our best but sadly it didn't click.

You have raised your price after Dhoom. With the failure of Elaan, has the producer's attitude towards you changed?
No problems on that front. I have raised my price after Dhoom but marginally. I am sure that I deserve that.

Looking forward to Pammi Baweja's Karam?
Yes. I play an assassin in Karm. Priyanka Chopra plays My wife. I have done lots of dangerous stunts in it. One error and I would have gone.

And Karan Johar and SRK's joint venture Kaal?
Of course, I am looking forward to Kaal. Take my word. Kaal has turned out brilliantly. It's an edge-of the-seat film. I play a National Geographic Wild Life Conservationist.

Kareena Kapoor said that you were partial to Rani Mukherji in Koffee with Karan because you have a Bengali girlfriend. You take on this?
Yes, I was, irrespective of who was sitting beside Rani. There is some factto that. I really like Bengalis. Rani is very attractive. That does not take away the fact that Kareena is nice on screen. But I prefer Rani to Kareena. What can I do? And I am honest about my choice (smiles).

How does you girfriend Bipasha Basu take to your dare-devilry?
We all want relationships to end in marriage. Yes, Bipasha and I have discussed marriage. But we have put it on hold. We are not in an hurry. I am still struggling, I would say. Plus she is coming back in a new Avtaar. She has shed a lot of weight and has some very interesting films in her kitty.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
Thanx a lot, Rouble!!! Short 'n sweet replies, as usual... 
ALLboutLOVE54 thumbnail

THANKX! HOW CUTE!! I LOVE JOHN ABRAHAM

-Amisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the interview. I can't believe Kareena said that he was being partial to Rani just because he had a Bengali girlfriend. She is so pathetic.🤢 Maybe she should realize that Rani is better than her.